I AM NOT THAT GUY

Unionized SF strip club closing its curtains

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) Nearly two decades after they made the nation gawk by forming its first unionized strip club, the dancers at San Francisco's Lusty Lady are hanging up their thongs.

The employee-owned, co-op club will close in two weeks because it can no longer afford its rent.

General manager Scott Farrell tells the San Francisco Chronicle (http://bit.ly/171ba9J ) that while the workers own the club, they don't own the North Beach building where rent was $5,500 a month in 2001 but now runs more than $16,000. That's far more than the dancers and their wads of ones can manage.

Eviction proceedings began against the club earlier this year when it fell behind on rent. The workers have agreed to vacate by Sept. 2, and the owner says he'll waive the back rent.

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-odd/20130821/US-Lusty-Lady_s-Last-Dance/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) Nearly two decades after they made the nation gawk by forming its first unionized strip club, the dancers at San Francisco's Lusty Lady are hanging up their thongs.

The employee-owned, co-op club will close in two weeks because it can no longer afford its rent.

General manager Scott Farrell tells the San Francisco Chronicle (http://bit.ly/171ba9J ) that while the workers own the club, they don't own the North Beach building where rent was $5,500 a month in 2001 but now runs more than $16,000. That's far more than the dancers and their wads of ones can manage.

Eviction proceedings began against the club earlier this year when it fell behind on rent. The workers have agreed to vacate by Sept. 2, and the owner says he'll waive the back rent.

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-odd/20130821/US-Lusty-Lady_s-Last-Dance/

The Mafia are getting poorer and poorer.

another fine company bites the dust via Union opression

P.S. thanks for a stripper article..Nice break from TM/GZ and Guns

Edited by The conciliator

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

2 SEP, ah? I've a stop over sometime soon for SFO, maybe I can make it before they close.

33uplza.gif

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

another fine company bites the dust via Union opression

The rent has increased from $5500 to over $16000 in the past twenty years. That the workers were unionised does not appear on the face of the article to have caused the club to shut up shop.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

The rent has increased from $5500 to over $16000 in the past twenty years. That the workers were unionised does not appear on the face of the article to have caused the club to shut up shop.

You made the mis calculation of taking a anything I say serious

I would suspect it is more due to the lack of straight men in San Fran

You made the mis calculation of taking a anything I say serious

You need to start making notations on your serious posts so we can differentiate. :P

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Bah - 8 junkets of Male Tourists from Japan would fix this in 72 hours.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

You need to start making notations on your serious posts so we can differentiate. tongue.png

If I post it consider it a little bit of truth with pinch of agitator , 2 measures of pontification, poured over a foundation of Bull S.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

i guess almaty and i have to scratch this one off our cross country tour list. :(

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline

i guess almaty and i have to scratch this one off our cross country tour list. sad.png

The Condor Club where Carol Doda was dancing closed too. Public nudity is now banned in SF. The town is turning blue nose, and the parking is too limited and too expensive now for your casual lechers to make the trip anymore.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

The Condor Club where Carol Doda was dancing closed too. Public nudity is now banned in SF. The town is turning blue nose, and the parking is too limited and too expensive now for your casual lechers to make the trip anymore.

we'll stop and pick you up then and head north to seattle.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!