Elisenda

I-129F Filling Out Form... Doubts

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi,

My fiancé and I are having trouble with one of the items in i-129F.

In question 15 it says "If your fiancé(e) is currently in the United States, complete the following:" regarding my passport information.

Since I'm not in the USA at the moment, should my fiancé put down any information from 15a to 15h, such as my passport number in 15e?
If so, here's another question:
I have dual citizenship (Brazil-Spain) and intend to go through this entire process with my Brazilian passport.
However, I was reading the instructions for the form and it says "The answers to items 15e, 15f, 15g and 15h should be in reference to the passport or travel document used at the last entry into the United States."
The last two times I was in the United States, I entered with my Spanish passport, because of the visa waiver. I have been to the US with both passports and never had any problems...
So we don't know which information to provide... None, as I'm not in the US, my Brazilian passport number (which is the one I should use for my K1 visa) or my Spanish passport (the last one I used).
Would it be ok if we added an attachment explaining this to the USCIS?
thanks!!
Elisenda

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

this link is very useful:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/examples

and number 15 says "Your fiance's address abroad"

The example form is from an older version of the form. The newest forms and instructions should always be downloaded from the USCIS website.

OP> You answered your own question really. It states to answer those only if the foreign fiance(e) is currently in the US. You are not currently in the US, so the USC petitioner would leave those blank.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.