Unknown Guest

Mistake on G325A bio (found out after I129F petition approved)

23 posts in this topic

I filled out my fiancé's G325A biographic info form and had her sign it. She did not read carefully before signing, and did not catch my mistake.

I listed one of her parent's as "DECEASED" (on the "current address" box), when the parent is actually alive. In any case, the petition was approved and now while we are filling out the paperwork to take to her interview, she noticed the error. How do I rectify this situation? Should try to have it corrected now? or just hope that they don't notice it? I am worried that if I correct it, it will just cause additional delays?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey there,

When I was in this process I filled out some forms that had to go to the Consulate incorrectly so what I did was contacted to Consulate to see what the policy was. I ended up sending a new copy of the specific form to the Consulate and then just in case had a copy with me at the interview. Since you have been approved and I assume that you have not sent anything to the Consulate I would wait till you get to having to send forms to the Consulate and send the updated/corrected G-325A with it and have a note explaining the error. I do not know if they will see this as misrepresentation or not, so if someone else could chime in about that it would be great. I think everything will be fine though if you just explain what happened. And if you could also please fill in your timeline, etc so that we know what Consulate you will be interviewing at, thank you very much. Blessings on your journey.

N400 - Naturalization                                                                                                        U.S. Passport

Aug 05, 2018 (Day 1): Applied for Naturalization online                                                  Oct 01, 2019 (Day 1): Sent US Passport Application

Aug 06, 2018 (Day 2): Check Cashed, NOA1 received online                                         Oct 08, 2019 (Day 8 ) : Passport trackable 

Aug 11, 2018 (Day 6): Recvd notification that Biometrics appointment scheduled       Oct 17, 2019 (Day 17) : Received Passport

Aug 13, 2018 (Day 8): Received biometrics appt letter online                                        Oct 21, 2019 (Day 21) : Received Naturalization Cert. back

Aug 28, 2018 (Day 23): Biometrics Appt

May 06, 2019 (Day 274): In Line For Interview

Jun 11, 2019 (Day 311): Interview Date

July 01, 2019 (Day 327) : Oath Ceremony I AM NOW A US CITIZEN!!!!

FROM K-1 PETITION SENT TO OATH CEREMONY WAS ABOUT 7 YEARS 4 MONTHS

After 8 years of marriage divorced October 4, 2021

TO SEE MY FULL TIMELINE GO HERE: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/user/125109-cdnon-usavt/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Hey there,

When I was in this process I filled out some forms that had to go to the Consulate incorrectly so what I did was contacted to Consulate to see what the policy was. I ended up sending a new copy of the specific form to the Consulate and then just in case had a copy with me at the interview. Since you have been approved and I assume that you have not sent anything to the Consulate I would wait till you get to having to send forms to the Consulate and send the updated/corrected G-325A with it and have a note explaining the error. I do not know if they will see this as misrepresentation or not, so if someone else could chime in about that it would be great. I think everything will be fine though if you just explain what happened. And if you could also please fill in your timeline, etc so that we know what Consulate you will be interviewing at, thank you very much. Blessings on your journey.

we are in the same bought we didn't put a translation of my fiances name in this form under other names used and my fiance already had the interview and our case is on hold until we correct it i do not know what to do either.

Timeline

we are in the same bought we didn't put a translation of my fiances name in this form under other names used and my fiance already had the interview and our case is on hold until we correct it i do not know what to do either.

Did you have the Consulate interview already and your application is in AP until it is corrected?

N400 - Naturalization                                                                                                        U.S. Passport

Aug 05, 2018 (Day 1): Applied for Naturalization online                                                  Oct 01, 2019 (Day 1): Sent US Passport Application

Aug 06, 2018 (Day 2): Check Cashed, NOA1 received online                                         Oct 08, 2019 (Day 8 ) : Passport trackable 

Aug 11, 2018 (Day 6): Recvd notification that Biometrics appointment scheduled       Oct 17, 2019 (Day 17) : Received Passport

Aug 13, 2018 (Day 8): Received biometrics appt letter online                                        Oct 21, 2019 (Day 21) : Received Naturalization Cert. back

TO SEE MY FULL TIMELINE GO HERE: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/user/125109-cdnon-usavt/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey, on the i129 I put the wrong surname of my fiancée's son on the petition but the correct one on ds forms. Now interview is in 3 weeks would that put my app in AP until correction aswell?

event.png

interview: Sept.10th

Timeline

Did you have the Consulate interview already and your application is in AP until it is corrected?

Yes!

We were contacted today by then and they asked we send them a report with the correct last name. This is no problem because we have this document on hand however this document was requested with his Greek passport and we filed in Albania since that is where we are both form.

Do you have any advise for us?

Timeline

Hey, on the i129 I put the wrong surname of my fiancée's son on the petition but the correct one on ds forms. Now interview is in 3 weeks would that put my app in AP until correction aswell?

Hey there CRAKZOR,

I am sorry I am not 100% sure, was it on the petition or on the G-325A? If on the petition I do not know what to say as I have not been in this situation, if someone else has pls feel free to chime in, but if it is on the G-325A, I would correct it and send it in to the Consulate and then take a copy with you to the interview in case it does not make it to the Consulate in time or they want another copy.

Yes!

We were contacted today by then and they asked we send them a report with the correct last name. This is no problem because we have this document on hand however this document was requested with his Greek passport and we filed in Albania since that is where we are both form.

Do you have any advise for us?

I would say that them wanting the passport is a good sign as that usually means that they will issue the visa. As to how long you are going to be in AP I cannot advise. I would wait send all the Consulate has asked for and wait for a response from them saying that they received the documents that they requested.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

I didn't listed my fiancee daughter in the i129f , because we decided to file for her later just because he is not in good terms with her mother . Now I realise that I should of put her name regardless so I wonder if we can correct that later on the packet 3 and include her birth certificate????

To God all the glory "Haitian priye pou peyi w se priye pou tet ou".

Timeline

I didn't listed my fiancee daughter in the i129f , because we decided to file for her later just because he is not in good terms with her mother . Now I realise that I should of put her name regardless so I wonder if we can correct that later on the packet 3 and include her birth certificate????

Hey there Pandora09, I would suggest going to the Haiti Portal and seeing if they can answer your question. I have not experienced this so I would suggest asking someone, again, over in the Haiti Portal. Good luck on the rest of your joourney.

Timeline

Hey there CRAKZOR,

I am sorry I am not 100% sure, was it on the petition or on the G-325A? If on the petition I do not know what to say as I have not been in this situation, if someone else has pls feel free to chime in, but if it is on the G-325A, I would correct it and send it in to the Consulate and then take a copy with you to the interview in case it does not make it to the Consulate in time or they want another copy.

I would say that them wanting the passport is a good sign as that usually means that they will issue the visa. As to how long you are going to be in AP I cannot advise. I would wait send all the Consulate has asked for and wait for a response from them saying that they received the documents that they requested.

they didn't ask for the passport they asked we send them the document we had from the police.

Timeline

Hey there sebbiesmd, I do not know how long you will be in AP for. All I can suggest is to send in the document like you are doing and wait on the Consulate to receive and give you notice of their decision on your case. Do they take the passport at the Consulate interview?

Timeline

Hey there sebbiesmd, I do not know how long you will be in AP for. All I can suggest is to send in the document like you are doing and wait on the Consulate to receive and give you notice of their decision on your case. Do they take the passport at the Consulate interview?

Thank you for your advice it really helps to talk it out and get input.

No they didn't keep the passport- just torn if we should send the document we have or because of the last name difference and the fact that the document we have was requested from his Greek passport and due to the Greek alphabet it doesn't get translated one to one. The last name listened on the document is the Greek translation of his actual last name we listed on our paperwork. just want to make sure we do it correctly so we don't get delayed.

Timeline

Thank you for your advice it really helps to talk it out and get input.

No they didn't keep the passport- just torn if we should send the document we have or because of the last name difference and the fact that the document we have was requested from his Greek passport and due to the Greek alphabet it doesn't get translated one to one. The last name listened on the document is the Greek translation of his actual last name we listed on our paperwork. just want to make sure we do it correctly so we don't get delayed.

I would make sure that the document that you send is translated into his name in English.

Timeline

I would make sure that the document that you send is translated into his name in English.

and that is the problem because when you translated from- Albanian into Greek and then into English it is a different spelling of his last name(short one letter and a J turns into an I)- the reason for this is because when his last name is translated to greek some of the letters get translated into unique greek symbols that then get lost when you are translating it into English so we are left with two different spellings of the same exact last name.

Timeline

and that is the problem because when you translated from- Albanian into Greek and then into English it is a different spelling of his last name(short one letter and a J turns into an I)- the reason for this is because when his last name is translated to greek some of the letters get translated into unique greek symbols that then get lost when you are translating it into English so we are left with two different spellings of the same exact last name.

So just to clarify again, sorry for the pain, the passport is Greek, correct? And I know that he did the interview in Albania from your previous posts. Did he do the interview in English or Albanian? If you used a Greek passport, I would translate from Greek straight to English as best you can, but would ask this question in the Greece forum/portal before doing anything. Sorry I cannot be of anymore help.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.