saqib ali

chicago lockbox and immigration through father

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

hello frds
my father has US nationality but from past 5 years he is living with us in pakistan
now i want to go US for my studies........
i want to know how can i file a petition and what documents will be required
how much time it will take..........am 17 years and will be 18 in dec

and how can i file petition via chicago lock box coz my father dont want to go US now
so can i file the petition from here............

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Your father can file the I-130 for you. The Guides will help you.

You have 2 problems.

First, your father needs a US domicile. He needs proof that he will have a US resident before a visa can be issued. He only needs to come to the US to reestablish residency and can leave a few weeks after you settle in.

Second, your father needs to show he has file US tax returns on his worldwide income for the last three years. If he does not meet the poverty line in the I-864p, then you will need a Joint Sponsor.

Your father can file the I-130 for you. The Guides will help you.

You have 2 problems.

First, your father needs a US domicile. He needs proof that he will have a US resident before a visa can be issued. He only needs to come to the US to reestablish residency and can leave a few weeks after you settle in.

Second, your father needs to show he has file US tax returns on his worldwide income for the last three years. If he does not meet the poverty line in the I-864p, then you will need a Joint Sponsor.

Brother as i mentioned my father dont want to go US and is domicile important i mean my father has US passport.......

Timeline

Brother as i mentioned my father dont want to go US and is domicile important i mean my father has US passport.......

A US domicile is required.

No visa if your father will not go to the US.

Family based immigration is about reuniting families. No reason to give you a visa when your father chooses to live in his home country.

Edited by aaron2020

A US domicile is required.

No visa if your father will not go to the US.

Family based immigration is about reuniting families. No reason to give you a visa when your father chooses to live in his home country.

Brother but i have readed about this on US embassy page that my father can file the petition for me residing in other country via chicago lock box

Timeline

Brother but i have readed about this on US embassy page that my father can file the petition for me residing in other country via chicago lock box

Yes, I already told you that.

Your father can file the I-130 today from his home country.

When it comes time for the I-864 Affidavit of Support, he will need to show he intends to reestablish a US domicile.

No going to the US = no US domicile = not qualified to file the I-864 = no visa.

For the first part, I-130, your father can file from anywhere in the world.

For the second part, I-864, he is REQUIRED to have a US domicile.

If he cannot meet the US domicile requirement, te US Embassy cannot issue you an immigration visa.

No father in US = no visa for you. There are no exceptions.

Yes, I already told you that.

Your father can file the I-130 today from his home country.

When it comes time for the I-864 Affidavit of Support, he will need to show he intends to reestablish a US domicile.

No going to the US = no US domicile = not qualified to file the I-864 = no visa.

For the first part, I-130, your father can file from anywhere in the world.

For the second part, I-864, he is REQUIRED to have a US domicile.

If he cannot meet the US domicile requirement, te US Embassy cannot issue you an immigration visa.

No father in US = no visa for you. There are no exceptions.

Brother is there any thing that i can use instead of us domicile i have all other documents

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

The purpose of an immigrant visa is to reunite the family. Your father does not live in the US. Therefore he is not filing a petition for you to come to the US to live with him or near him. He must prove he is living in the US for you to be granted an immigrant visa. Also he must show proof of having filed taxes in the US for the past three years as he is a US citizen. He must also show proof of financial support so you do not become a public charge. This is with a job in the US or substantial assets in the US and/or a co-sponsor.

Without proof of your father living in the US there is no reason for you to obtain an immigrant visa in the eyes of immigration.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

saqib - unless your father re-established US Domicile by the time of visa interview,

then

your plans for attending school in the USA are nix and null.

Refactor your plan, engage with your father for getting back to the USA..

If you study timeticks in a timeline for your visa type, you can clearly ascertain what's needed from your father, what actions he needs to do to have a positive result for your 'go to the usa for university' plan.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.