Ashi Sajid

E-mailed Embassy for AP - They got annoyed -_-

35 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello There,

Fast forward:

Husband was interviewed on July 17th 2013 and (most likely) like everyone, he was placed in AP and still is.

It has been almost a month now; his case was sent to the DOS on July 17th

--------------------------------------------------------------------> Updated on August 5th

--------------------------------------------------------------------> Updated on August 13th then

I emailed them around the beginning of August, got a response on August 5th which was also when the case was updated.

The first e-mail said the following:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Our record indicates that the subject immigrant visa case is still pending under administrative processing. Unfortunately, it is not possible for us to predict as to how long it still may take. However as soon as this process has completed, we will contact the applicant using the contact information he/she has provided on his/her form DS-230. Please rest assured that this case has neither been forgotten, nor slipped through the cracks.

If he/she has not heard from our office after six months, please have her contact our office using the web based email form available on the website of the American Embassy.

Yours truly,

Immigrant Visa Unit

Consular Section,American Embassy

Islamabad,Pakistan

I emailed the second time around about August 12th and the case was updated on the 13th of August, BUT look at how they got annoyed...

I know I was annoying for constantly emailing but check this out:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please refer to our email of August 5, 2013. This email clearly indicates the admin processing situation in your case. Our office would like to clarify that unless this situation has changed, there does not exist a reason for us to contact or review your case again. May we also remind that an immigrant visa application cannot be processed any further while the admin processing is pending.

Yours truly,

Immigrant Visa Unit

Islamabad,Pakistan

Any updates on those who have been interviewed in July????

Has anyone else been told as well that the AP will take only about a month????

Timeline

There are few other individuals (including me) whose spouses' were interviewed in July. We were all approved (even told by CO that we should expect to get a call from AmEx to pick the visa package+passport) but yet they put us all in AP!!!

I also emailed them like 8 times and they replied to me only 3 times :D but they weren't mad or anything :D I guess the guy who replied to you the second time was having a bad day :-/ :D Whatever, I don't know at this time. Im confused and sad too. I am thinking to go back for a visit on the next Eid InshaAllah and stay there until they issue the visa. I cant take it anymore....

Timeline

BTW does your CEAC status show AP or does it say READY?

Did the CO tell your hubby upfront on the interview day that he is going in AP or did he say just 7-10 days or something along those lines?

Timeline

You can email them whenever you desire. However they reply very late. In my case it took them 2 weeks to reply! Yeh it seems they do update the case date when they reply to you. But I have seen case date updates without them replying so it updates both ways.

i dont understand really one thing, why do u people keep email them, once u r put into AP, there is nothing but to just wait, what i think is that when u email then, they get u more late, they have their own process n procedures, so let them do their own work, on the other side i can understand the situation how one can feel to being put into AP, so just be strong n have faith in Almighty Allah.

event.png

event.png

192230.gif

Timeline

There are few other individuals (including me) whose spouses' were interviewed in July. We were all approved (even told by CO that we should expect to get a call from AmEx to pick the visa package+passport) but yet they put us all in AP!!!

I also emailed them like 8 times and they replied to me only 3 times biggrin.png but they weren't mad or anything biggrin.png I guess the guy who replied to you the second time was having a bad day :-/ biggrin.png Whatever, I don't know at this time. Im confused and sad too. I am thinking to go back for a visit on the next Eid InshaAllah and stay there until they issue the visa. I cant take it anymore....

ranting33va.gif I am EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED.

I know there are some members here who have been waiting for a LOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNGGGGGG time, May Allah give them and us Patience.

BUT THIS IS A KILLERcrying.gif

Timeline

That's true. It's really hard but the truth is we can't do shi* about it. The only thing we can do is visit our significant ones during this time period. May Allah help us get out of this delima soon.

Timeline

i dont understand really one thing, why do u people keep email them, once u r put into AP, there is nothing but to just wait, what i think is that when u email then, they get u more late, they have their own process n procedures, so let them do their own work, on the other side i can understand the situation how one can feel to being put into AP, so just be strong n have faith in Almighty Allah.

I don't mean to be rude or anything but AP is a KILLER big time.

Sitting back and relaxing is not healthy for those who are suffering this believe me, this is like a freakn Immigration disease.

They do not get us late if we email them, I know that for sure. And the rest Allah knows, May HE help us.

I have conceived and will be expecting my First baby, I am sure just like me, any Couple would want to be together at the time of their childs birth.

These people have been updating once they get emailed mostly, I am speaking of other members whom I spoke to.

Timeline

My interview was on the 12th of August.

Status is AP. And last update is 12th of August as well

After how long should I be emailing them regarding my case? Do they only update it after we send them an email ?

Truely speaking I emailed after about 2 weeks I believe.

They might take forever to respond because the first time I emailed, they replied after a while and that was the same day my husbands case was updated as well.

Give them about 2 weeks I guess.

I have noticed from other members that they said their case usually gets updated when they email as well.

Allah help us :(

Timeline

BTW does your CEAC status show AP or does it say READY?

Did the CO tell your hubby upfront on the interview day that he is going in AP or did he say just 7-10 days or something along those lines?

It shows AP.

And the CO told him on the day of the interview that his case looks good but they need to do further processing cray5ol.gif

He told us it will take about a monthprotest6wz.gif Jhoote!

Timeline

Hello There,

Fast forward:

Husband was interviewed on July 17th 2013 and (most likely) like everyone, he was placed in AP and still is.

It has been almost a month now; his case was sent to the DOS on July 17th

--------------------------------------------------------------------> Updated on August 5th

--------------------------------------------------------------------> Updated on August 13th then

I emailed them around the beginning of August, got a response on August 5th which was also when the case was updated.

The first e-mail said the following:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Our record indicates that the subject immigrant visa case is still pending under administrative processing. Unfortunately, it is not possible for us to predict as to how long it still may take. However as soon as this process has completed, we will contact the applicant using the contact information he/she has provided on his/her form DS-230. Please rest assured that this case has neither been forgotten, nor slipped through the cracks.

If he/she has not heard from our office after six months, please have her contact our office using the web based email form available on the website of the American Embassy.

Yours truly,

Immigrant Visa Unit

Islamabad,Pakistan

I emailed the second time around about August 12th and the case was updated on the 13th of August, BUT look at how they got annoyed...

I know I was annoying for constantly emailing but check this out:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please refer to our email of August 5, 2013. This email clearly indicates the admin processing situation in your case. Our office would like to clarify that unless this situation has changed, there does not exist a reason for us to contact or review your case again. May we also remind that an immigrant visa application cannot be processed any further while the admin processing is pending.

Yours truly,

Immigrant Visa Unit

Islamabad,Pakistan

Any updates on those who have been interviewed in July????

Has anyone else been told as well that the AP will take only about a month????

They updated her case on her interview day but her status never changed even today it says ready.

And then when I emailed time for the first time from there email inquiry system on there isl u.s embassy website they never replied, but the day of my last updated status changed to that day.

Then again I emailed them on august 1st and this time they replied and i put the subject of the email as "other" so they might reply.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Yours truly,

Immigrant Visa Unit

Consular Section, American Embassy

Islamabad, Pakistan

^^^ This is what they said.

Then I emailed them again pleading my case on how much I miss my wife. then they sent me this email.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please refer to our email of August 1, 2013. This email clearly indicates the admin processing situation in your case. Our office would like to clarify that unless this situation has changed, there does not exist a reason for us to contact or review your case again. May we also remind that an immigrant visa application cannot be processed any further while the admin processing is pending.

Yours truly,

Immigrant Visa Unit

Consular Section, American Embassy

Islamabad, Pakistan

And they also updated my status on the day i sent the email which was the Aug. 12th and they also updated it when they sent the reply. But I don't know if they updated it on Aug 12th because I sent the email or they did it because it was exactly a month after the interview.

But her status never changed.

Please explain everything to me about your case as well!

Its been 35 days today. I cant take it no more ethier i might just quit my job and leave school to go to my wife.

***Moved to waivers and AP forum from IR1/CR1 progress reports***

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

It does no good to quit your job and go live in Pakistan unless you have a co-sponcer. AP can last a few weeks, months or years. If it lasts for a year or more they

may ask for a new affidavit of support.

Be prepared to wait for your AP to end. Islamabad seems to be working on cases very slowly right now. I hope they will work faster in the fall.

Timeline

It does no good to quit your job and go live in Pakistan unless you have a co-sponcer. AP can last a few weeks, months or years. If it lasts for a year or more they may ask for a new affidavit of support.

Be prepared to wait for your AP to end. Islamabad seems to be working on cases very slowly right now. I hope they will work faster in the fall.

Carolyn, they will ask for the I-864 (Affidavit of Support) again if it has been a year? Since my husbands interview was in March, I ended up getting a tax extension (since I figured he will get his visa and we can just file it together). For the original I-864 submitted to NVC, my income is enough (no co sponser needed) and in addition to that, I listed my house as an asset (provided the copy of the deed - I figured tht might make the case strong). I wasn't aware that they asked for a new I-864 again. I guess I should go do my taxes now.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.