cherie4usama

Hello Again Everyone

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello All. Just want to say hello and say how much i appreciate your advice. I haven't met my fiance yet, but i hope within the next month or so we will finally be able to touch. There's alot of things i have to do before i go like find out exactly what i need to bring with me to Egypt when i go. I am planning on staying a month and renting an apartment while i'm there. If anyone know's of a nice cheap place in a city where it wouldn't be a problem for us could you please let me know? I am a little scared because i have never traveled before and don't know the first thing about airports or flying. I will probably be going in January i hope leaving from ATL GA. Well Hope you all take care and have a good day or night. :D:star: Take care....Cherie

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I know who this is!

Hey girl.

I can't offer you advice about Egypt but there's lots of people who can!

Take care!

Sarah

Hello All. Just want to say hello and say how much i appreciate your advice. I haven't met my fiance yet, but i hope within the next month or so we will finally be able to touch. There's alot of things i have to do before i go like find out exactly what i need to bring with me to Egypt when i go. I am planning on staying a month and renting an apartment while i'm there. If anyone know's of a nice cheap place in a city where it wouldn't be a problem for us could you please let me know? I am a little scared because i have never traveled before and don't know the first thing about airports or flying. I will probably be going in January i hope leaving from ATL GA. Well Hope you all take care and have a good day or night. :D:star: Take care....Cherie

I don't know this for sure about Egypt but I have heard that some countries it is cheaper(and more accomodating) to rent a hotel for your stay. Might be worth looking in to.

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Hello "again" *whoever you are* B)

(F)

-MK

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Timeline

I'd vote for staying in an inexpensive hotel in downtown Cairo when you first get there . . . a cheaper alternative to the big tourist hotels. I know a few you can check out.

Seriously, staying in downtown Cairo will give you a bit of the flavor of the city and put you a bit closer to some tourist attractions and restaurants etc.

Getting a flat for a whole month will be cheaper but you might feel a bit isolated depending on the area . . . particularly if the only one you are relying on is your fiancee and you have not travelled that much outside of the country (assuming you don't speak much arabic either). In a hotel, there is the drawback that you can not have him visit you in your room and he will have to wait for you in the lobby. But I am thinking that you will be going about the city to see things, so you might not be in the room that much.

Although a month in a hotel seems like a long time so I imagine that you might try to find a flat for most of your stay. Having a flat is good too if you plan on cooking meals to save money, etc.

PM me if you want some info on cheaper hotels to stay at in downtown Cairo.

Catherine

Edited by cbd2cai

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.