Nina and Erwin

Just want NORMAL! SO sick of immigration and drama.

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

So here I am again! I always seem to stir things up here...ranting33va.gif

So I finally have an interview date.. yah!.. Right? haha. Well it's funny cause I am finding myself getting mad at the Whole situation. I am not sure why that is? Other then the idea that my government is making me go and spill my life to them to just have a chance at a NORMAL family, husband, children, career...etc.. just pees my off. Had a dream the other night... that I went in and just said to them.. approve.. don't approve... it is what it is!

I know that I / we my husband and I created a lot of the issues ourselves, with all the things that we have been through, and all the things that were said and done. We made many mistakes... along the way with this immigration process. So I am not blaming them for the mistakes.. I am blaming the process, the red tape, the MONEY, the TIME WASTED,.... OMG!.

I am getting so impatient with this ####### these days.. and I know for sure that's why I threw my hands up last time. But there has got to be a way for all of us to tell our government to end this ... deep seeded, pain in the stomach, sleepless nights,.. suffering that WE ALL HERE FEEL! I just want to swear...lol.

I am up early this morning .. worried.. only because I have decided to go to my husbands country.. and I am fine with that.. BUT I am so scared that ONCE again.. that somewhere along the way.. that this decision to just have a chance at NORMAL will bite me in the hinny.

Because now I am worried about the fact that I don't work here in this country, I have a sponsor for us.. but there has been so many things that have gone wrong. I have applied and been approved for a long term visa for his country and I have tried to prepare my sponsor for what it will entail for her to help us. But I am so worried... she has been a life long friend and she works where I worked.. and she seems so willing to help. So knows us.. and our situation.. and been with us every step of the way.. good BAD AND UGLY.

I just hope this doesn't create another mistake.. and more time, and more hoops. I love my husband, and he has done everything he can to show me that I can count on him, and that he has my back. (which is hard to find in a lifetime) he has done everything to show me that his past mistakes are long gone and in the past. But I just want all of this over and a normal life. NO MORE IMMIGRATION conversations.. with family friends co workers.. just talk about .. normal things.. like what are you doing this weekend? What did you do this weekend? How are the kids? How is work?...blah blah blah.. Peace is NOT BOREDOM.. Peace is peace.

My husband could care less where we live.. there.. here.. I on the over hand have everything here! I want to come home with my husband. I love his country.. I do.. and maybe one day we can retire there.. in 30 plus years. But in the mean time... I love my kids.. my family.. my career.. he can work anywhere.. I on the other hand can not.

Bottom line.. if I go there.. for a while to end this distance.. what issues can anyone here see that I will run into? .. sorry for the rant.. but I leave soon.. and I would like to crub anything that might come up if I can before I go!

United_States.gifOur journeyBelgium.gif
07/01/2010 going to be parents
07/22/2010 ***MARRIED*** touched - sigh-
08/30/2010 deport
08/31/2010 Back in his country

03/08/2011 BABY GIRL !! 7 LBS 7 OZS ****NOW 2 1/2 YEARS OLD

Benefits office - IR-1

01/11/2013 I130 sent ***Starting over****
01/17/2013 I130 (priority date)
01/24/2013 NOA1
01/24/2013 I-130 NOA1 hardcopy received
02/25/2013 Case Transferred / received to Local office

03/25/2013 Case touched

07/11/2013 - News from Senator - interview possible - 7 months

08/09/2013 Correspondence - Interview set for sponsor
08/20/2013 Interview - 215 DAYS
08/20/2013 APPROVED!!!! - 215 DAYS
08/26/2013 NOA2 hard copy received

NVC
09/06/2013 NVC received the case

09/18/2013 Case# received, IIN received - sent to attorney
09/18/2013 I-864 AOS review fee ($88) online payment
09/23/2013 I-864 AOS status 'PAID',

xx/xx/20xx AOS package mailed out
09/18/2013 DS-260 IV fee ($230) online payment
09/23/2013 DS-260 IV status 'PAID', I

xx/xx/2013 IV package mailed out

XX/XX/201X NVC completion
Consulate - received xx/xx/201x -Hoping soon
XX/XX/201X Medical
XX/XX/201X Interview - CROSSING FINGERS

xx/xx/20xx I601/I212 - Approved
xx/xx/20xx Coming HOME!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

*** Moving from CR-1 Process to Progress Reports ****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I feel your pain. Im in k1 process and I feel horrible of waiting!!! I cant find an appointment with my embassy after waiting 7 good months to get to this point one week one the system says no available appointment and when I call the embassy they tee me I keep trying. I have been on computer since 8am today and still no luck.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

*** Moving from CR-1 Process to Progress Reports ****

Thanks for moving my thread... got one response.. awesome.

United_States.gifOur journeyBelgium.gif
07/01/2010 going to be parents
07/22/2010 ***MARRIED*** touched - sigh-
08/30/2010 deport
08/31/2010 Back in his country

03/08/2011 BABY GIRL !! 7 LBS 7 OZS ****NOW 2 1/2 YEARS OLD

Benefits office - IR-1

01/11/2013 I130 sent ***Starting over****
01/17/2013 I130 (priority date)
01/24/2013 NOA1
01/24/2013 I-130 NOA1 hardcopy received
02/25/2013 Case Transferred / received to Local office

03/25/2013 Case touched

07/11/2013 - News from Senator - interview possible - 7 months

08/09/2013 Correspondence - Interview set for sponsor
08/20/2013 Interview - 215 DAYS
08/20/2013 APPROVED!!!! - 215 DAYS
08/26/2013 NOA2 hard copy received

NVC
09/06/2013 NVC received the case

09/18/2013 Case# received, IIN received - sent to attorney
09/18/2013 I-864 AOS review fee ($88) online payment
09/23/2013 I-864 AOS status 'PAID',

xx/xx/20xx AOS package mailed out
09/18/2013 DS-260 IV fee ($230) online payment
09/23/2013 DS-260 IV status 'PAID', I

xx/xx/2013 IV package mailed out

XX/XX/201X NVC completion
Consulate - received xx/xx/201x -Hoping soon
XX/XX/201X Medical
XX/XX/201X Interview - CROSSING FINGERS

xx/xx/20xx I601/I212 - Approved
xx/xx/20xx Coming HOME!!

Thanks for moving my thread... got one response.. awesome.

You are not asking questions about the process but are making comments on it instead. Those threads go into progress reports, I'm sorry you disagree with it, but any moderator or organizer would have moved your thread to this forum.

As to your question, going to Belgium will not effect your petition. It's hard to change your address to a foreign address, just FYI, but you can try. You will have to prove domicile at the NVC stage. Also make sure you look up any visas etc you will need to be living or visiting Belgium, last thing you want is to be there illegally I'm sure.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.