bgamb

someone experienced with K1 in Manila please??

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Okay here is where we are

I booked a flight for my fiancée (and her mother...sigh) to get her medical August 27 and 28

Her interview is Sept 17 (her mom is going with her...again)

Now I realize that the required "CLASS ....regarding spousal abuse" IS ONLY GIVEN IN MANILA AND CEBU....you gotta be kidding me....

With 7000-8000 women marrying foreigners each year.....couldn't this be done on each major province???

AND.....15 per day on a 1st come 1st served basis???? really????

They sure know how to annoy people and make things difficult

Sorry to be bitchin'......I just need some advice

I am thinking to CHANGE her plane reservations and add a day during her medical trip for her to attend this 4 hour class in Manila

The website says that this is allowable BUT....she will have to return there to get the sticker once she has her official visa

Here is my question::::

1---SHe goes to the same building for the sticker?

2----I was thinking of having her arrive in manila for her flight to the USA.....go directly to the CFO for the sticker (probably get there at 1PM)...

Then go to her hotel and the following morning catch her flight to the USA

Does anyone see any potential problems with this?????

I ask because I have learned to ALWAY ESPECT THE UNEXPECTED in the Philippines (no offense meant to anyone....it's just that so few things run smoothly there)

THANK YOU ALL

***Moved to Philippines forum from K1 process and procedures***

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Okay here is where we are

I booked a flight for my fiancée (and her mother...sigh) to get her medical August 27 and 28

Her interview is Sept 17 (her mom is going with her...again)

Now I realize that the required "CLASS ....regarding spousal abuse" IS ONLY GIVEN IN MANILA AND CEBU....you gotta be kidding me....

With 7000-8000 women marrying foreigners each year.....couldn't this be done on each major province???

AND.....15 per day on a 1st come 1st served basis???? really????

They sure know how to annoy people and make things difficult

Sorry to be bitchin'......I just need some advice

I am thinking to CHANGE her plane reservations and add a day during her medical trip for her to attend this 4 hour class in Manila

The website says that this is allowable BUT....she will have to return there to get the sticker once she has her official visa

Here is my question::::

1---SHe goes to the same building for the sticker?

2----I was thinking of having her arrive in manila for her flight to the USA.....go directly to the CFO for the sticker (probably get there at 1PM)...

Then go to her hotel and the following morning catch her flight to the USA

Does anyone see any potential problems with this?????

I ask because I have learned to ALWAY ESPECT THE UNEXPECTED in the Philippines (no offense meant to anyone....it's just that so few things run smoothly there)

THANK YOU ALL

Yes she will go to the same building to get her sticker after your fiancée has her passport back with the visa in it. Many attend CFO early then later go back for the sticker no issues.

There is more information from my link, follow the flashing arrow.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Sounds OK, Make sure the CFO is open the day you want to go (not a holiday or weekend). You can also get the sticker at the airport, but again, make sure there is enough time.

We have a flight on a tuesday morning, so it would be a bit close to try to get the sticker at the airport (although they are supposedly open early).

But, monday is a holiday. So for us, the friday before would be the latest safe time to get the sticker, but she doesn't want to spend her last several days in the Philippines in Manila, so we are hopping the Visa gets delivered in time so she can go to Cebu CFO to get the "steecker". Of course a delayed visa issuance will make all our plans moot.

Edited by Bayareaguy

Timeline

The CFO sticker is one thing I would not leave for doing at the airport....

Thanks Hank and company

Since the room for the Abuse classes are so limited in manila....if it starts at 9AM (also another at 1 or 2 PM) ...what time would one suggest she arrive there?

She HAS to have that course on the day she is there......otherwise there will be logistics nightmares (plane changes hotel etc)

Can her mom be with her (in the lobby).....I need to ask

Does anyone know if Oct 7th thru the 11th has any Philippine holiday's??---that is the week I am targeting her flight to the USA?

thank God for this site and you wonderful people!!

Timeline

Most show up rather early to get in line, even for the afternoon times (as those that don't get a morning slot are moved to afternoon). CFO isn't abuses classes, abuse is just one of the topics covered. Doubt mom will be allowed in, there really isn't a lobby. I sat to the right of the doors on the short wall by the side street when I was waiting.

This all I see for October:

October - 15 Tuesday Eidul Adha

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Most show up rather early to get in line, even for the afternoon times (as those that don't get a morning slot are moved to afternoon). CFO isn't abuses classes, abuse is just one of the topics covered. Doubt mom will be allowed in, there really isn't a lobby. I sat to the right of the doors on the short wall by the side street when I was waiting.

This all I see for October:

October - 15 Tuesday Eidul Adha

Thank you Hank

And thanks for your web page....!

I guess I will tell her to get there at 7AM....hopefully that will be early enough

What about the physical at St. Lukes? time to arrive to be sure to get in?

And it's a 2 day right?...3 if they suspect TB?

I am thinking of having her get a TB test now just to rule it out and feel comfortable about her passing.

I have no reason to believe she has it...I am just being #######...LOL

Anyone have thoughts about this?.....would there be any possible medical issues if she had the test now? I mean could it do something like show a false positive later at the physical? As you can tell...I know nothing about TB or the testing....

Timeline

7AM will be rather late from what I read. Most arrive 5AM or earlier.

Medical is normally 2 days, vaccinations on 2nd day.... if no issue with X-ray for TB. TB testing (8 weeks I believe) is a whole new ballgame, lots of topics on that here on VJ. If SLEC sees scaring on the lungs its more than likely they well require TB testing.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

My fiancee completed the CFO on the afternoon of her day 2 of the medical...probably the easiest part of the journey for her so far, followed closely by the Embassy interview.

TB testing before the medical...you could get an x-ray, but just because it shows it is clear, doesn't mean that the one they take at St Luke won't show anything funny. Seeing as the medical is fairly soon, I doubt getting an x-ray now would save you any time.

Thank you Hank

And thanks for your web page....!

I guess I will tell her to get there at 7AM....hopefully that will be early enough

What about the physical at St. Lukes? time to arrive to be sure to get in?

And it's a 2 day right?...3 if they suspect TB?

I am thinking of having her get a TB test now just to rule it out and feel comfortable about her passing.

I have no reason to believe she has it...I am just being #######...LOL

Anyone have thoughts about this?.....would there be any possible medical issues if she had the test now? I mean could it do something like show a false positive later at the physical? As you can tell...I know nothing about TB or the testing....

As you are finding out there are some very special people who make a lot of effort to answer questions. The fact that you acknowledge this fact is commendable.

There is another great feature of this site and that is you can browse through some of the history where others have asked your same questions or have had similar issues. If you page forward you will find a couple of good threads that people talked about their experience with TB, their medical and their interview. It helped me to look forward as I had my fiancée and her two children go to the Doctor and have a prescreening for TB with X-rays and they all came up negative. So I was able to calm my fiancée down and now it is no longer an issue with her.

Good luck on your journey and keep posting your experiences for others to read.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

My fiancee completed the CFO on the afternoon of her day 2 of the medical...probably the easiest part of the journey for her so far, followed closely by the Embassy interview.

TB testing before the medical...you could get an x-ray, but just because it shows it is clear, doesn't mean that the one they take at St Luke won't show anything funny. Seeing as the medical is fairly soon, I doubt getting an x-ray now would save you any time.

Thanks Bay...

I would be afraid she would not make it to the CFO (and get into the 15 person class) on day 2 of the medical

She is flying to Manila with her mother....so it would be a total nightmare if they had to change flights...get another night in hotel (actually it would be a nightmare for ME having to arrange it at last minute..>!)

I was not looking to save time by checking her for TB earlier

The fact is...if she did have TB....I would cancel the 2 plane tickets to Manila....it would save ...$$$

Hi,

What time your fiancee went to CFO to get the afternoon slot? Thank you in advance.

N-400 (Online - Seattle Field Office)

(00days) 2018-10-01 Filed ONLINE - received Payment Confirmation the same day - paid by Credit Card

(04days) 2018-10-05 Received NOA by mail

(05days) 2018-10-06 Received email - Biometrics appointment is scheduled

(09days) 2018-10-10 Check my online account and my Biotmetrics Notification is attached and available

(11days) 2018-10-12 Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed - Walk-in no problem; saved 2 weeks (Original appointment date is Oct. 26)

(436days) 2019-12-11 I am US Citizen now!!!

Timeline

Hi,

What time your fiancee went to CFO to get the afternoon slot? Thank you in advance.

She went to the CFO at 7 am to get the afternoon slot. She was doing the sputum, so she didnt need to spend much time at St Luke.

She went to the CFO at 7 am to get the afternoon slot. She was doing the sputum, so she didnt need to spend much time at St Luke.

Thank you!.... quite a long wait to get the 2pm slot though.... I will just try the morning if it didn't work, i will take the afternoon slot.

N-400 (Online - Seattle Field Office)

(00days) 2018-10-01 Filed ONLINE - received Payment Confirmation the same day - paid by Credit Card

(04days) 2018-10-05 Received NOA by mail

(05days) 2018-10-06 Received email - Biometrics appointment is scheduled

(09days) 2018-10-10 Check my online account and my Biotmetrics Notification is attached and available

(11days) 2018-10-12 Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed - Walk-in no problem; saved 2 weeks (Original appointment date is Oct. 26)

(436days) 2019-12-11 I am US Citizen now!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.