jola83

birth certificate

15 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Hi guys,I'm Just wondering if it matters that I don't have the original copy of my birth certificate?I lost the original years ago when moving house.so I had to get a new copy in 2009.

Are you the USC or the foreigner? the USC can get the official bc from their state, doesn't have to be the original, just the official.

this site lists documents by country... http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_5455.html?cid=8953

just select england

Spoiler

===============================================

January 06, 2011 - Married in Buenos Aires, Argentina 

July 15, 2013 - Mailed I-130 Packet 

May 13, 2014 - Case complete at NVC 

June 16, 2014 - IR-1 VISA APPROVED at US Embassy in Buenos Aires 

July 15, 2014 - Arrival at Houston and Permanent Residency granted

===============================================

April 24, 2017 - Filing N-400 for Naturalization!  

Spoiler

You need a certified copy, you can get them easy by calling the registrars office where you were born or going on their web site. Costs a tenner. Or there is a central place you can order them from.

I only had a small one but you need one with names of both parents on it. This is if you are the benficiary in the UK.

if you have a certified copy from 2009 you should be ok

Hi guys,I'm Just wondering if it matters that I don't have the original copy of my birth certificate?I lost the original years ago when moving house.so I had to get a new copy in 2009.

The copy is fine as long as it is a certified copy AND the full certificate. A short certificate is not accepted.

So it has to look like this:

BC_1848_Peck.jpg

And not like this:

bcertmcw.jpg

There was someone on VJ recently the night before his interview who realized he had the wrong kind of certificate!

I've see people post that the younger people don't have that pink version. My husband's is pink like that.

To the OP. if you mean you ordered a new copy of your birth certificate from officials so it is certified official in some way, by the agency supplying it, then it is fine.

If you mean you only have a photocopy you made of the original, then no.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

I've see people post that the younger people don't have that pink version. My husband's is pink like that.

To the OP. if you mean you ordered a new copy of your birth certificate from officials so it is certified official in some way, by the agency supplying it, then it is fine.

[/quote

Mine isn't pink either but it is a full official certified copy.thanks for the help

Yes, my most recent certified copy is from 2012 and it is kind of beige rather than pink. What I meant was there is a difference in a full birth certificate and a short birth certificate (I just want to limit the chance of someone doing what the other poster did - although the instructions are clear that it needs to be a full certificate).

Call me paranoid but I really wouldn't post my birth certificates online. No I don't know how they might get used but they strike me as useful documents to prove identity. And yes you can call me Marvin :-)

And to the OP - "short pinky" is the one I had - I ordered "long orangy" the one I need from Somerset House I think it was. The short form is not acceptable......

Edited by rjm_cmyk

Richard

event.png

event.png

Call me paranoid but I really wouldn't post my birth certificates online. ..

Do you think that is AnnaGrant's birth certificate? Go Anna--newlywed at 165 years old!

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Do you think that is AnnaGrant's birth certificate? Go Anna--newlywed at 165 years old!

Couldn't help but laugh out loud at this! rofl.gif

K1 Timeline

02-22-2013: I-129F to VSC

02-28-2013: NOA1

06-10-2013: NOA2 (102 days)

08-16-2013: Interview - Approved!

08-22-2013: Visa in hand

09-14-2013: POE Houston

10-30-2013: Married!

AOS Timeline

12-10-2013: Mailed AOS/EAD/AP

12-16-2013: NOA1 x 3

01-02-2014: Biometrics

02-24-2014: EAD/AP Approved

03-04-2014: Received EAD/AP

03-10-2014: Interview - Approved!

03-18-2014: Received GC

ROC Timeline

12-12-2015: I-751 to CSC

12-17-2015: NOA1

01-14-2016: Biometrics

05-19-2016: Approved!

N-400 Timeline

03-14-2017: N-400 to Texas Lockbox

03-22-2017: NOA1

04-11-2017: Biometrics

04-20-2017: In Line For Interview

07-02-2018: Interview - Approved!

08-22-2018: Oath Ceremony

Ha! After going through this process, I sometimes feel it (and more process to go through again - at least I managed to do a walk-in biometrics yesterday 12 days before my appointment, Whether or not that makes any difference, I don't know but at least it's out of the way).

All I did was do a Goggle image search on 'full birth certificate UK' and 'short birth certificate UK' and then posted 2 of the images I found. It was just to clearly show the difference between the two types of birth certificate. The images I used are already in the public domain.

Edited by Anna Grant

Doh ! Probably more at risk of being used by undercover cops in the UK then :-)

Richard

event.png

event.png

Timeline

I notice that on the embassy website it states the birth certificate must have both parents names on it......well my

Father has never been part of my life and his name isn't on my birth certificate where it says fathers name there is just a line through it on my birth certificate.Will the embassy see this as an issue or with they appreciate the fact I've been brought up in a single parent home never having no contact with my father.on all the forms that have been sent so far I've always wrote N/A where it asks for father's name and details

I notice that on the embassy website it states the birth certificate must have both parents names on it......well my

Father has never been part of my life and his name isn't on my birth certificate where it says fathers name there is just a line through it on my birth certificate.Will the embassy see this as an issue or with they appreciate the fact I've been brought up in a single parent home never having no contact with my father.on all the forms that have been sent so far I've always wrote N/A where it asks for father's name and details

The long form birth certificate with a place for both parent names is the correct birth certificate. There is another version sometimes used in the UK called the short form. You have the required long form. End of worry.

FYI-- The Embassy does not evaluate your upbringing.

And for future form filling. You biologically have a father so "N/A" may not be the best answer.

Father's name: unknown

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline