14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

We both (me n my future husband he is USC) try to register our son as american citizenship but in US they told him he must register in brazilian consulate, I try here in Brazil and they told he must come for to register his son here.

I dont know what to do for to get meet him if baby will have no US passport, and if I dont get visa for baby?

Need help

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** Moving from K1 to CRBA forum ****

They do usually want the US father at the appointment for CRBA. YOu can delay the appointment if the father will be coming to visit later this year?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

His father cant leave US untill 2015 (justice problems). I dont know what to do.

**** Moving from K1 to CRBA forum ****

They do usually want the US father at the appointment for CRBA. YOu can delay the appointment if the father will be coming to visit later this year?

We both (me n my future husband he is USC) try to register our son as american citizenship but in US they told him he must register in brazilian consulate, I try here in Brazil and they told he must come for to register his son here.

I dont know what to do for to get meet him if baby will have no US passport, and if I dont get visa for baby?

Need help

Although the application forms and final documents are the same everywhere, our embassies and consulates have different procedures to get them.Typically the US citizen parent does not need to appear in person to file the application or the interview. Other parent(s) or legal guardians have successfully acquired the certificate in this manner world wide.

“Only the parent(s), legal guardian, person acting in loco parentis or the child may apply on the child’s behalf.”

Source for the above in bold quote is from the Brazil U.S. Embassy website

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/156216.pdf CRBA DS- 2029

http://brazil.usembassy.gov/report-birth-abroad.html

However on the http://brazil.usembassy.gov/report-birth-abroad.html page right above Required Documents: Both parents must come in person with the child and should bring:

I would call and explain your situation to the Brazil US Consulate and see what can be done.

Just try to apply for a U.S. passport?

Your not helping the OP. How can a foreign born child apply for a US passport successfully with out proof of US citizenship.

He can try it

You'll not be successful.

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Filed: Timeline
Your not helping the OP. How can a foreign born child apply for a US passport successfully with out proof of US citizenship.

Of course they have proof of U.S. citizenship. (Otherwise how would they apply for the CRBA?) They just don't have the father there.

Edited by newacct

Of course they have proof of U.S. citizenship. (Otherwise how would they apply for the CRBA?) They just don't have the father there.

What proof?

Perhaps I’m not understanding your last post, “Just try to apply for a U.S. Passport?” the OP’s SO US citizen, has not obtained the CRBA, 'Proof of US citizenship' with out the certificate no US passport can be issued to the applicant.

What proof?

Perhaps I’m not understanding your last post, “Just try to apply for a U.S. Passport?” the OP’s SO US citizen, has not obtained the CRBA, 'Proof of US citizenship' with out the certificate no US passport can be issued to the applicant.

I was seeing your post as a stand-alone comment, “Just try to apply for a U.S. Passport?” Absolutely can file for the CRBA and US passport at the same time, if this is what you meant.

If the CRBA is denied the passport fee will be returned and passport application denied at that time.

What proof?

You can get a U.S. passport without a CRBA.

Proof of the child's U.S. citizenship (the same proof submitted for the CRBA): Proof of father's U.S. citizenship + Proof that father has been present in the U.S. for 5 years, including 2 after the age of 14 + Proof that this is the child's father + The father's acknowledgement of paternity

If the CRBA is denied the passport fee will be returned and passport application denied at that time.

You have not given any reason why the passport application will be "denied".

Timeline

Exactly, father is US citizenship and his parents also US citizenship. He born in LA and live all life in US just come to meet in Mexico last year. Now baby have 4 months. ANd we both will need visa for to visit his father.

You can get a U.S. passport without a CRBA.

Proof of the child's U.S. citizenship (the same proof submitted for the CRBA): Proof of father's U.S. citizenship + Proof that father has been present in the U.S. for 5 years, including 2 after the age of 14 + Proof that this is the child's father + The father's acknowledgement of paternity

You have not given any reason why the passport application will be "denied".

Do tell us how this foreign born child living abroad under the age of 18 can acquire a US passport with out the CRBA?

Other then you telling me what the OP seems to have as documentation. The lack of overwhelming documentation of any of the above you have listed, is reason.

The OP has only given information the claimed US citizen has lived in the US all his life. Let the OP give us a check list of her SO claimed citizenship and stated biological relationship e.g. substantive form of credible evidence then we can better inform.

Exactly, father is US citizenship and his parents also US citizenship. He born in LA and live all life in US just come to meet in Mexico last year. Now baby have 4 months. ANd we both will need visa for to visit his father.

If your child has claim to US citizenship a visa will not be issued. Newcct seems to know a way around your dilemma, acquiring a US passport for the child with out going

through the CRBA process have him/her help you.

Good luck.

Do tell us how this foreign born child living abroad under the age of 18 can acquire a US passport with out the CRBA?

http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/secondary_evidence/secondary_evidence_4315.html

If you claim citizenship through birth abroad to U.S. citizen parent(s), but cannot submit a Consular Report of Birth Abroad or Certification of Birth, you must submit all of the following:

clip_image001_0001.gif Your foreign birth certificate (translated to English)

clip_image001_0001.gif Evidence of citizenship of your U.S. citizen parent

clip_image001_0001.gif Your parents' marriage certificate

clip_image001_0001.gif A statement of your U.S. citizen parent detailing all periods and places of residence or physical presence in the United States and abroad before your birth

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.