JD & Coconut

P4 and Unmarried Document Question

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Does anyone know if the P4 is an Email now and if so, is it really a requirement to receive it before the interview since all it is now are instructions?

Also, my fiancee is worried about the unmarried certificate. I do not even see this as a requirement in the P4 letter; does anyone know if it is a requirement? She has never been married, she got the unmarried certificate from her home city (Jilin) where she has lived most of her life, but it only states she is unmarried from 2009 until now. She is concerned because she has lived in several other cities and she worries that she needs to get certificates from each and every one of them also. Some of those cities are pretty far away (one being near Shanghai) and she does not want to have to travel there if she does not have to. Is this unmarried certificate a requirement for K1 visa if she has never been married?

ucxi92z6o.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Once you are notified to do so, you may schedule your appointment through the CGI Stanley ustraveldocs.com web site. That is the P4.

You will need to print the interview verification in order for her to be admitted on the day of the interview.

玉林,桂 resident
Feb 23, 2005 ........ Mailed I-129F to TSC . . . . . . . . .March 8th ............. P1 from CSC
April 11 ................. P2 from CSC . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .April 25 ................ NVC sends packet to GUZ
June 22 ................ P3 received . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Nov 22 ................. PASSED Interview
Dec 2 ................... Made it! . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Dec 16 .................. Married
May 23, 2006 ..... TDL, EAD, AP received. . . . . . . . . June 16, 2006 ........ AOS interview - wait for FBI bkgrnd check
Apr 19, 2007 .... EAD # 2. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Oct 7, 2008 ......... 10-year green card
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - K2 (son) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Dec 2 ..................... AOS/EAD filed . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Dec 17 ................... 21st birthday
Jan 4, 2007 .......... transferred to CSC . . . . . . . . . . . Feb 6, 2007 ............ transferred to MSC
Feb 23 .................... EAD card . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Apr 16 .................... AOS denied (over 21)
Jul 26 .................... Master Calendar hearing . . . . . . Nov 15 ...................... Removal hearing
Jan 29, 2008 ........ Voluntary departure

Timeline

Does anyone know if the P4 is an Email now and if so, is it really a requirement to receive it before the interview since all it is now are instructions?

I've heard that, but I have a hard time believing it, as you need to take it with you to get your medical exam. I would think it would need to be more official.

We had an update on the DOS site on 7/31, I'm assuming that they got our P3 and the P4 will be soon. Anything change for you?

SHARE THIS VIDEO to promote the USCIS delays!

4csw0ipgr.png

3dsnctxul.png

l4xsj7w8h.png

keepcalm.giftimeline.gif

Timeline

I've heard that, but I have a hard time believing it, as you need to take it with you to get your medical exam. I would think it would need to be more official.

We had an update on the DOS site on 7/31, I'm assuming that they got our P3 and the P4 will be soon. Anything change for you?

Our status changes only when they reply to our Email inquiries. The last one I sent using her Email account, they responded today (status date changed to 08/02). I told them that the Jilin Citic bank refused to take her P3 documents and they said to send them to the embassy which we did. Their response was to send the P3 to their new mailing address; not sure if this means they do not have our P3 or what it means. My fiancee called them earlier this week and talked to someone and they said they did receive our P3. Will have to wait now until Monday to call them again and find out if they do in fact need us to send the P3 again. :(

Getting really sick of this whole process and fiancee is stressing big time.

ucxi92z6o.png

Timeline

Hi Rob and Rachel,

I just called DOS and they did confirm for me that the embassy did receive our P3 so that at least is a relief.

DOS Phone Number:
202-663-1225

Fiancee also said you can ask for P4 from the https://cgifederal.secure.force.com website. After you log in, the fifth option in the left side bar is to provide feedback; others have requested the P4 here and have had good luck (word of mouth) with getting their P4's after submitting a request here to get them. When requesting it, tell them you have an interview date.

I am going to call CGI as I cannot make any new requests as my last one is still open. I opened one to notify them that the Jilin Citic bank would not accept our P3 documentation and that request is still in an open state with a status of escalated. You can call them from the US using the info below.

• Callers in the United States: 703 665 1986.

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/cn/cn-main-contactus.asp

Let me know if you get any updated info.

ucxi92z6o.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I thought the 'certificate of single status' was listed in the packet 3 instructions?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

I thought the 'certificate of single status' was listed in the packet 3 instructions?

The only requested documents on the P3 letter were the DS-230, a photocopy of the personal information page of her passport and two passport photos. The unmarried certificate does show up on the P4:

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/guangzhou/47024/IV/K1%20Instruction%20GSS%202013.pdf

Rob posted some pics of the P3 letter here:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/439041-this-is-so-messed-up/

Edit: Oh, and the letter itself, they ask for that to be sent along with the rest. I had her make a photocopy first before sending it just in case.

Edited by JD & Coconut

ucxi92z6o.png

Timeline

no, there's a list of documents to prepare in the packet 3 instructions, to bring in to the interview.

I swear.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

no, there's a list of documents to prepare in the packet 3 instructions, to bring in to the interview.

I swear.

SORRY!!! I didn't understand your meaning. Yes, it is in there, no it is not a document to be sent as a response to the P3. ;)

ucxi92z6o.png

Timeline

ok la. i was trying to review my notes, but gave up...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Latest instructions for interview document preparations are here...

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/cn/K1%20Instruction%20GSS%2007102013%20%20with%20new%20address.pdf

Timeline

Thanks Panda - I got 'the new one' as well, for the medical instructions.. I am so happy it's also in Chinese ;)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Good call!

I noticed the interview prep instructions include the medical/vaccinations instructions as well. I think it's the same, but the page margins are different, so I didn't really read through to see what else may be different.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.