Rob & Rachel

This is so messed up...

40 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

So Rachel received the P3, and what we were expecting was something like this:

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/guangzhou/47024/IV/K1%20Instruction%20GSS%202013.pdf

But what she got was much different:

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

They aren't asking for the 156 and 157 forms, and they said it gets mailed through the CITIC bank?

Here's the rub - CITIC says they aren't doing immigration visas anymore as of Feb. this year (not sure if it's just that branch or all of them, they said it was all)

So they can't send anything out, only process the payments.

The link for the citic locations on the form doesn't work anymore either

Anyone else get this?

This is so insane, I'm at a loss for words...

I'll be calling ustraveldocs in the morning, but I expect that I'll get a runaround.

SHARE THIS VIDEO to promote the USCIS delays!

4csw0ipgr.png

3dsnctxul.png

l4xsj7w8h.png

keepcalm.giftimeline.gif

Timeline

I actually got that exact same letter. As well as a copy of my approved petition of the I-129F, and another letter indicating that they have begun the process of the fiancee visa case. It was those 3 items and also a pamphlet for the Chinese fiancee on what to do if you encounter domestic violence in America.

However, my letter (the one you took a photograph of) was a little bit different. Yours says "How to Submit Required Materials." Mine didn't say that.

When I got mine (around the beginning of June), we just did whats on the checklist (ds-230 part 1, copy of passport, photos) and then mailed it in by normal post. That was it. We didn't have to use CITIC bank for that process. We only used the CITIC bank for paying for the visa fee (but that was later).

After we sent in the package back to the embassy, a week later they contacted us through email and said we may start to schedule the interview (that was around June 15th and we finally got an interview slot today for late August).

So, unless within the past month they changed how to send the documents, I don't know what to tell you. Back in the beginning of June, we just mailed them by post to the embassy and we didn't have a problem.

Edited by Q&R

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Fiji
Timeline

ooo man that sux big time..

8/16/2012 I-129F NOA1
11/8/2012 Married
1/3/2013 I-129F cancelled
1/29/2013 withdrawal notice received
2/5/2013 I-130 NOA1 with error on wife's name
Case status not available
2/5/2013 Unable to generate service request

3/13/2013 transferred to local office
3/26/2013 Service request generated
4/12/2013 Infopass, file in workflow March 28
4/19/2013 Case status available - APPROVED!

Detour to the NVC via NRC

For information on my detour and the steps I took to free my petition, check
"about me"

NVC

6/7/2013 NVC logs file as received

6/11/2013 Case number and IIN assigned

6/12/2013 DS-3032 emailed

6/13/21013 AOS paid

6/14/2013 DS-3032 emailed attention superuser (stupid me)

6/23/2013 DS-3032 emailed attention supervisor

6/24/2013 DS-3032 accepted

6/25/2013 IV bill generated and paid

07/06/2013 IV & AOS sent; 07/11/2013 NVC logs received

07/30/2013 IV Accepted; AOS Checklist

08/01/2013 AOS Checklist received

08/02/2013 AOS resent; 08/07/2013 NVC logs received

08/28/2013 Case Complete

09/10/2013 Interview date assigned

Embassy

08/14/2013 Medical; 08/19/2013 Medical Ready

08/07/2013 Police cert ordered (Fiji delivers straight to the embassy)

10/02/2013 Interview

xx/xx/2013 Visa in Hand

xx/xx/2013 POE Los Angeles International Airport

Timeline

I actually got that exact same letter. As well as a copy of my approved petition of the I-129F, and another letter indicating that they have begun the process of the fiancee visa case. It was those 3 items and also a pamphlet for the Chinese fiancee on what to do if you encounter domestic violence in America.

However, my letter (the one you took a photograph of) was a little bit different. Yours says "How to Submit Required Materials." Mine didn't say that.

When I got mine (around the beginning of June), we just did whats on the checklist (ds-230 part 1, copy of passport, photos) and then mailed it in by normal post. That was it. We didn't have to use CITIC bank for that process. We only used the CITIC bank for paying for the visa fee (but that was later).

After we sent in the package back to the embassy, a week later they contacted us through email and said we may start to schedule the interview (that was around June 15th and we finally got an interview slot today for late August).

So, unless within the past month they changed how to send the documents, I don't know what to tell you. Back in the beginning of June, we just mailed them by post to the embassy and we didn't have a problem.

Yeah I followed the same process. Not sure what's up with your packet 3.

Timeline

What address did you send yours to? May be better just to send it that way.

Late August??? Jeez.... then it may be sometime in September for us.....crying.gif

4csw0ipgr.png

3dsnctxul.png

l4xsj7w8h.png

keepcalm.giftimeline.gif

Timeline

I spoke to the ustraveldocs customer service, the person I talked to seemed as confused as I was, and she escalated it to the next level, and said we would get a response in 24-48 hrs...

One thing she said, is that the P3 has to go to the embassy either by hand delivery, or through an authorized courier. I asked her who was authorized, and she didn't know....

headbonk.gif

Edited by Rob & Rachel

4csw0ipgr.png

3dsnctxul.png

l4xsj7w8h.png

keepcalm.giftimeline.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

What you got was p3. That pdf that you linked to is p4 which is what I just helped my Fiancee complete. P3 only includes photos, passport bio page copy and ds-230 that you have to send back. p4 includes all of the ds-15x forms which you submit before your interview in person. If you completed p4 already no worries as you'll need all of those documents too soon enough. smile.png

EDIT: I just checked the photos of her p3 that my Fiancee sent me via email, and yours is missing the mailing address to send it to. I suggest contacting the consulate on the immigrant unit contact page and asking them which address to send the p3 to. Looks like with the move there's some confusion with the address since it's missing. They've always gotten back to me within 3 business days at the most, usually 2, when I've contacted them.

Edited by Daveykins

Timeline

What you got was p3. That pdf that you linked to is p4 which is what I just helped my Fiancee complete. P3 only includes photos, passport bio page copy and ds-230 that you have to send back. p4 includes all of the ds-15x forms which you submit before your interview in person. If you completed p4 already no worries as you'll need all of those documents too soon enough. smile.png

ok, but did you have to send your P3 documents through CITIC, or did you send them somewhere else? What address?

4csw0ipgr.png

3dsnctxul.png

l4xsj7w8h.png

keepcalm.giftimeline.gif

Timeline

Sorry, I just edited my post.

Contact them to see what address to send it to, not sure with the move since they haven't announced anything for IV unit.

Here's what my Fiancee received for what it's worth.

post-147244-0-61880500-1372716749_thumb.jpg

Timeline

Sorry, I just edited my post.

Contact them to see what address to send it to, not sure with the move since they haven't announced anything for IV unit.

Here's what my Fiancee received for what it's worth.

Thanks! I wonder if the mailing address is changing, as it's located offsite from the consulate. Stuff still could be going through there.

Since CITIC isn't being any help, that's the most logical place.

4csw0ipgr.png

3dsnctxul.png

l4xsj7w8h.png

keepcalm.giftimeline.gif

Timeline

There hasn't been any official announcement on their website from what I can tell except for the USC services. I'd assume that the offsite mailing address is still valid even after the move.

They must really not want people to know the address to send p3 to. Glad I still had our p3 to show you. :)

Timeline

There hasn't been any official announcement on their website from what I can tell except for the USC services. I'd assume that the offsite mailing address is still valid even after the move.

They must really not want people to know the address to send p3 to. Glad I still had our p3 to show you. smile.png

I know, that's really odd... considering that you have up to a year to return it, I can't imagine that there are going to be P3's that will be going to that address well after the move date, so I would expect they have plans to forward them.

I'm really glad you could post it as well, Thank you very much! good.gif

4csw0ipgr.png

3dsnctxul.png

l4xsj7w8h.png

keepcalm.giftimeline.gif

Timeline

p4 includes all of the ds-15x forms which you submit before your interview in person.

What the heck is a ds-15x form?

Is that what you print from the email the consulate sent you telling you you may now schedule the interview? Thats all we got after sending in the p3 documents.

I really never know the names of these files or forms unless it says directly on it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.