gioyugo

help with children visa. need to get them here fast

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline

HI need help I have my step children in colombia. I need to get them here fast. My wife is here on a permenent green card. I just sent there i30 in is there a way I can call bogota. The children dont have anyone that can watch them. The person that was looking after them got sick. Know we are stuck. And csnt afford to go there for a long time and wait for tge visa to be approved. Will bogota help. Pease any help you can give. Thank you

HI need help I have my step children in colombia. I need to get them here fast. My wife is here on a permenent green card. I just sent there i30 in is there a way I can call bogota. The children dont have anyone that can watch them. The person that was looking after them got sick. Know we are stuck. And csnt afford to go there for a long time and wait for tge visa to be approved. Will bogota help. Pease any help you can give. Thank you

Get your wife re-entry permit (I-131) and send her down to Colombia.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

The process can take anywhere from 6-12 months, depending on YOU. You can speed things up if you have everything ready for when their cases get to the NVC, get all their documents, forms and payments ready to go, so when something is completed, your stuff is pretty much at the post office being delivered at the same time, that will speed things along. The way to do this is by reading the EZSpouseGuide, then read it again, and then again, and again until it makes sense.

Also, your wife can go there and stay with them if it's for less than 12 months (which is the reason why you need to go through the NVC process quickly). After being there for 6 months the immigration official may question her long stay in Colombia; however, they can't deny her entry as long as she doesn't stay outside of the US for more than 12 months.

As for expediting your case, nobody will do it, neither the embassy, the USCIS, nor the NVC unless someone is dying or being deployed to some unknown place to defend the US or something drastic like that, so it's no use. Just stay on top of the NVC process, send your wife to be with her children until they get an interview (if you can afford it), and the'll be here in no time.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Is there an ex involved where permission is also required before those kids can leave the country?

Would have been much easier, if the wife and kid/s were all done at the same time, but guess its too late for that now. Major delay we had was getting that permission from the ex. But he gave it rather than have to pay some 12 years in child support payments, seven back payments and another five future payments.

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline

No other fathers are involved, there father past away years ago.I our my wife can not afford to go. This really puts us under alot of stress.There must be somthing our temporary visa they can get so they can come here.they are only 11 and 16, we where working together to purchase a house and need this for the children, My wife can not go by herself.we dont have the money to pay there and here.Why is it do hard for usa to send them over. They are only children

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.