17 posts in this topic

Today marks 60 days from my interview. I am at the point where I can't stop crying and asking why has this happened to us? If everything went "well" (Yes I know that there are people who has been on AP for a much longer period of time, but I am not at that stage where I am just "waiting" patiently yet). I started a routine of calling every Friday, hoping for a new answer. Every time I call I get "oh wow, your case looks excellent" or "Oh, they just have to finish the case", "They have everything they need, they are not missing any documents" Ok....so...does it really take that long to finish a successful case? They have even told me that there isn't any red flags on my case. How can they give me bits and pieces of my case but at the same time give me no information??

Should I contact someone of higher power?? Congressman?? Senator??

The last time my case has been updated was June 19 b/c I sent an email to the embassy asking for some info on our case (which of course got no where) They say that they are "currently" working on our case, but then again they say that every time I call lol.

Ok...there I vented...Have a great one everyone!

USCIS
06/15/2012- Sent 129-F
06/18/2012- 129-F Application Received at Texas Lockbox
06/21/2012- Email and Text of NOA1
06/25/2012- Hardcopy I-797 received (Vermont it is)
02/08/2013- RFE sad.png
02/25/2013- RFE Received
03/25/2013- NOA 2 (Finally)
04/08/2013- CASE # Assigned and sent to Consulate
05/16/2013- Interview- Approved!!!!!

Broke off relationship sometime late 2013

Placed on AP for 10 months and then withdrew the petition 02/2014….

Living my life day by day….no stress smile.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Go to the senator. Set up an info pass appointment. Look up the Ombudsman's office and get a letter ready for him too. There are actually a lot of things you can be doing at this point.

http://discuss.ilw.c...rit-od-mandamus

"You must first try to resolve your matter with USCIS in good faith, you should have at least sent the Service Center director and District Director two letters inquiring about your case via certified mail with return receipt.

You should also make an Infopass appointment with your district office and talk to an immigration officer to inquiry about the status of your case (this did it for me when my case was frozen).

Lastly, USCIS has the office of the ombudsman (a person that works for the public to resolve USCIS matters by making suggestions to make the process smoother or by inquiring about cases that have been frozen as far as processing goes) which can investigate the case for you. Check : http://www.dhs.gov/ximgtn/programs/editorial_0497.shtm"

Then if you have gotten no movement (unlikely) you can file a writ of mandamus.

Edited by thedude6752000

I-130 Sent: 11 November 2013

I-130 1st i-797(NOA-1): 12 November 2013, Vermont (Dis-)Service Center (1 day in transit)

I-130 2nd i-797(NOA-2): 30 May 2014, Vermont (Total Dis-)Service Center (199 days in USCIS hell)

I-30 Received at NVC: 11 June 2014 (11 days in transit)

NVC Case # Assigned: 27 June 2014 (15 days to case number assigned)

DS-261 Completed: 15 July 2014 (18 days to DS-261 available)

AOS Fee Bill Paid: 17 July 2014

AOS Fee Bill Shows "Paid": 22 July 2014

AOS Package Sent Out:23 July 2014

AOS Package Recieved: 28 July 2014

DS-260 Completed: ?

IV Fee Bill Paid: ?

November 2014 USCIS Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aqgp_fafY_R6dFI3cDREc2tNWV9qV09mMzN3WXR2dEE&usp=sharing#gid=3

Dee my heart goes out to you I know this is very difficult. But don't loose faith everything will be resolved soon. Do what ever you need to get this man here. Best of luck

Contact anyone and every one you can to try to get something done with your case! I'm sure this step must be 10x harder then any other because it's just a matter of getting the AP removed before you two can finally be together! Good luck with everything and don't give up until something gets done!

I-129F Stage

Filed at Dallas Lockbox Facility: 01-23-2013

Received NOA1 from VSC: 01-31-2013

Contacted Congressman Perry, Senator Casey, and Ombudsman: First week of June

Transferred to TSC: 06-21-2013

RFE: 07-06-2013 (Letter of Intent)

RFE Reply: 07-15-2013

RFE Received at TSC: 07-18-2013

Received NOA2 FromTSC: 07-19-2013

National Visa Center Processing

Package Received by NVC: 08-19-2013

Date Package Left NVC: 08-21-2013

Consulate Processing

Date Received by Consulate: 08-26-2013

Date Rec Appointment Letter (Packet 4): 09-17-2013

Interview Date: 12-12-2013

event.png

Today marks 60 days from my interview. I am at the point where I can't stop crying and asking why has this happened to us? If everything went "well" (Yes I know that there are people who has been on AP for a much longer period of time, but I am not at that stage where I am just "waiting" patiently yet). I started a routine of calling every Friday, hoping for a new answer. Every time I call I get "oh wow, your case looks excellent" or "Oh, they just have to finish the case", "They have everything they need, they are not missing any documents" Ok....so...does it really take that long to finish a successful case? They have even told me that there isn't any red flags on my case. How can they give me bits and pieces of my case but at the same time give me no information??

The last time my case has been updated was June 19 b/c I sent an email to the embassy asking for some info on our case (which of course got no where) They say that they are "currently" working on our case, but then again they say that every time I call lol.

Sorry to hear about your case. Have you read this?

http://santodomingo.usembassy.gov/administrative_processing.html

How do you know if your case is in AP? We went got an approval, paid domex... now what? Can anyone let me know?

When you don't receive your visa/passport in the estimated time. People using contact the Consulate and hear the news. It's so random.

K1 Visa Process -> 12/09-06/10 Married -> 09/10/10 AOS Process -> 09/10-12/10 Removal of Conditions-> 09/12-07/13

U.S. Naturalization -> 7/8/20

***What To Do After NOA2 (The Dominican Way) Wiki Page:

https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/dominican_republic_after_receiving_the_noa2/***

Manita... Read this and just pray. Fight for what is yours and don't lose faith or hope. I know its easier said than done and all though I haven't had my interview yet any thing could happen. I know soon you and Jhon will be together. I think you have some great advise here and you should put your game face on and do what you can. Contact who ever you need to especially God (and your local congressman lol). You know this!!! I love you Dee!

PREPARING FOR THE PROMISE

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE
“LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear.”
(Psalm 10:17, NKJV)
TODAY’S WORD - from Joel and Victoria
In the scripture, it says that God didn’t lead the Israelites by the shortest route to the Promised Land; He took them the long way on purpose because they were not prepared for war. God knew that if He would have taken them into the land too quickly, they would have been easily defeated. Their enemies were much bigger and much more experienced. I’m sure they prayed many times, “God, we’re uncomfortable out here in the desert. We’re hot. We’re tired. Where’s our Promised Land?”
But God didn’t answer that prayer, not because He was trying to make their lives miserable, but because He knew what was up in front of them. He had to prepare them to step into the fullness of their destiny.
In the same way, God has already laid out the plan for your life. He knows exactly what you need and when you need it. If you are in a difficult situation that’s taking longer than you had hoped, know that God is preparing you. He is strengthening you. Stay in faith and keep praising Him as you move forward into the Promised Land He has for you!
A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father, thank You for leading and guiding me. Thank You for Your hand of blessing upon my life. I choose to trust You even in the difficult times knowing that You are preparing me for the promises in my future in Jesus’ name. Amen.
— Joel & Victoria Osteen

Manita... Read this and just pray. Fight for what is yours and don't lose faith or hope. I know its easier said than done and all though I haven't had my interview yet any thing could happen. I know soon you and Jhon will be together. I think you have some great advise here and you should put your game face on and do what you can. Contact who ever you need to especially God (and your local congressman lol). You know this!!! I love you Dee!

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE
“LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear.”
In the scripture, it says that God didn’t lead the Israelites by the shortest route to the Promised Land; He took them the long way on purpose because they were not prepared for war. God knew that if He would have taken them into the land too quickly, they would have been easily defeated. Their enemies were much bigger and much more experienced. I’m sure they prayed many times, “God, we’re uncomfortable out here in the desert. We’re hot. We’re tired. Where’s our Promised Land?”
But God didn’t answer that prayer, not because He was trying to make their lives miserable, but because He knew what was up in front of them. He had to prepare them to step into the fullness of their destiny.
In the same way, God has already laid out the plan for your life. He knows exactly what you need and when you need it. If you are in a difficult situation that’s taking longer than you had hoped, know that God is preparing you. He is strengthening you. Stay in faith and keep praising Him as you move forward into the Promised Land He has for you!
A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father, thank You for leading and guiding me. Thank You for Your hand of blessing upon my life. I choose to trust You even in the difficult times knowing that You are preparing me for the promises in my future in Jesus’ name. Amen.
— Joel & Victoria Osteen

^^^Thanks and God Bless. Exactly what I needed this morning.

K1 Visa Process -> 12/09-06/10 Married -> 09/10/10 AOS Process -> 09/10-12/10 Removal of Conditions-> 09/12-07/13

U.S. Naturalization -> 7/8/20

***What To Do After NOA2 (The Dominican Way) Wiki Page:

https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/dominican_republic_after_receiving_the_noa2/***

You are welcome Anytime! when things do not go our way we think it's punishment but it takes real strength and belief to know its just preparation. God Bless you all too.

Edited by Natalie&Elias

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE
A PRAYER FOR TODAY
— Joel & Victoria Osteen

This is one the best the responses i've read on VJ. And I thank you for sharing.

So very needed food for thought!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

There isn't a stage where everyone just starts waiting patiently.

USCIS I-130 Petition for Spouse

September 2012: Filed from abroad to Chicago Lockbox

4 days later: NOA1, Routed to California Service Center

7 days later: Transferred because of new jurisdiction

5 days later: Case Status changed to: Under processing at USCIS office

NOA2 arrived 78 days after NOA1 :)

*I-130 Approval Notice hardcopy finally received in Pakistan, the only notice that arrived.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Call your U.S. Senator and ask to speak to an immigration case worker. You will have to fill out and email a release to them allowing them to view your case. They can get an answer from the embassy within 24 hours. Then at least you'll know where you stand.

Go to the senator. Set up an info pass appointment. Look up the Ombudsman's office and get a letter ready for him too. There are actually a lot of things you can be doing at this point.

http://discuss.ilw.c...rit-od-mandamus

"You must first try to resolve your matter with USCIS in good faith, you should have at least sent the Service Center director and District Director two letters inquiring about your case via certified mail with return receipt.

You should also make an Infopass appointment with your district office and talk to an immigration officer to inquiry about the status of your case (this did it for me when my case was frozen).

Lastly, USCIS has the office of the ombudsman (a person that works for the public to resolve USCIS matters by making suggestions to make the process smoother or by inquiring about cases that have been frozen as far as processing goes) which can investigate the case for you. Check : http://www.dhs.gov/ximgtn/programs/editorial_0497.shtm"

Then if you have gotten no movement (unlikely) you can file a writ of mandamus.

Thank you so much for your input! I tried the last link, but it wasn't functioning

Dee my heart goes out to you I know this is very difficult. But don't loose faith everything will be resolved soon. Do what ever you need to get this man here. Best of luck

Thank you mama, God willing, I will have my baby with me ;(

Contact anyone and every one you can to try to get something done with your case! I'm sure this step must be 10x harder then any other because it's just a matter of getting the AP removed before you two can finally be together! Good luck with everything and don't give up until something gets done!

Thank you for your positive words!!

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE
A PRAYER FOR TODAY
— Joel & Victoria Osteen

Your the best manita!! Love you!

Call your U.S. Senator and ask to speak to an immigration case worker. You will have to fill out and email a release to them allowing them to view your case. They can get an answer from the embassy within 24 hours. Then at least you'll know where you stand.

Thank you so much. I did just that, and was able to speak to someone from my congressman. I gave her all my info regarding my case and filled out the release form. Hopefully I can hear soon from them :)

USCIS
06/15/2012- Sent 129-F
06/18/2012- 129-F Application Received at Texas Lockbox
06/21/2012- Email and Text of NOA1
06/25/2012- Hardcopy I-797 received (Vermont it is)
02/08/2013- RFE sad.png
02/25/2013- RFE Received
03/25/2013- NOA 2 (Finally)
04/08/2013- CASE # Assigned and sent to Consulate
05/16/2013- Interview- Approved!!!!!

Broke off relationship sometime late 2013

Placed on AP for 10 months and then withdrew the petition 02/2014….

Living my life day by day….no stress smile.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.