Gary and Alla

GZ to get his gun back

841 posts in this topic

I kept picturing you getting in trouble with your wife after seeing the title and getting fired up. Like she intervened and wouldn't let you go in the thread. That makes me laugh.

You'd be surprised. I had to sneak on here using my phone while in NYC. My mom was taking us to the airport, she was going off. My wife sat in the back and just let us rant about it.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Alcohol and you, you just read AA and first thing u think is Alcohol Anonymous.

Alcoholics Anonymous is the first thing I think of when I see/hear AA.

Harsh is outsmarting us all once again. This is becoming a daily occurrance here. I might have to find somewhere else to post with dumber people to help give my ego a bit of a boost.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Harsh is outsmarting us all once again. This is becoming a daily occurrance here. I might have to find somewhere else to post with dumber people to help give my ego a bit of a boost.

Try OT or games.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

This wasnt even a stand your ground case.

I cant believe how sheeple just gobble up whatever is spoon-fed to them by the media. Think, people! Do you really want less rights when it comes to self defense? Do you want it to be a law you cant fight back and have to rely on the government to keep you safe?

Come on!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

This wasnt even a stand your ground case.

I cant believe how sheeple just gobble up whatever is spoon-fed to them by the media. Think, people! Do you really want less rights when it comes to self defense? Do you want it to be a law you cant fight back and have to rely on the government to keep you safe?

Come on!

However, the "Stand Your Ground" law grants Zimmerman the right to a pretrial hearing where a judge could find Zimmerman immune from prosecution and dismiss the charges without going to trial.[329] The defense would need to show through a preponderance of the evidence, i.e. show with more than 50% certainty, that Zimmerman thought he would be killed or seriously injured.[330]Zimmerman initially requested a "Stand Your Ground" hearing, but in March 2013, his defense elected to bypass the hearing so that his case would be tried before a jury.[331]

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

However, the "Stand Your Ground" law grants Zimmerman the right to a pretrial hearing where a judge could find Zimmerman immune from prosecution and dismiss the charges without going to trial.[329] The defense would need to show through a preponderance of the evidence, i.e. show with more than 50% certainty, that Zimmerman thought he would be killed or seriously injured.[330]Zimmerman initially requested a "Stand Your Ground" hearing, but in March 2013, his defense elected to bypass the hearing so that his case would be tried before a jury.[331]

Right, and the fact that the SYG law grants Zimmerman the right to a pre-trial hearing, a hearing that he turned down, affected this case how?

Right, and the fact that the SYG law grants Zimmerman the right to a pre-trial hearing, a hearing that he turned down, affected this case how?

By not taking the stand, it made sure he couldn't be crossed examined. Think about it this way:

On this board a lot of us don't have legal experience, just logic and common sense. And there have been quite a few people that have blown holes in what little testimony GZ has provided, myself included. If he would have taken the SYG defense, he would have to take the stand and explain what happened that night, plus give the prosecution a shot at him. If folks here can do it, the prosecution would have killed him on the stand.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

By not taking the stand, it made sure he couldn't be crossed examined. Think about it this way:

On this board a lot of us don't have legal experience, just logic and common sense. And there have been quite a few people that have blown holes in what little testimony GZ has provided, myself included. If he would have taken the SYG defense, he would have to take the stand and explain what happened that night, plus give the prosecution a shot at him. If folks here can do it, the prosecution would have killed him on the stand.

So let me get this straight. If Zimmerman had invoked the SYG law and was forced to testify, you think he would have been found guilty, which is the verdict you have been pressing for here for over year. But now you want to remove the SYG law from the books? Seems a bit counterproductive on your part, don't you think?

Yes, because it's not about who swung first anymore, it's who is alive to tell the tale.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg