Bugs

Ready for CFO

62 posts in this topic

congrats! glad it all went smoothly. dancin5hr.gif

Thanks, and congrats on your arrival in the U.S. :)

Oh, and to finally answer the question, did you have to pay another fee when going back to the CFO for the sticker lol?

Edited by Leon & Mylen

barata-gif-3.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiance and I are ready for the first major step in the K-1 process on her end in Philly - the dreaded CFO seminar. She will be going the last week of this month, as she will be doing this before our NOA2 to get it out of the way.

She will return there after the embassy interview with her passport, visa, copies of this form, payment receipt, and seminar completion certificate to get a sticker affixed to her passport.

Here is the single sheet guide that I made for her to bring and will go over with her in preparation for the seminar. Let me know if it looks good. smile.png

COMMISSION ON FILIPINOS OVERSEES (CFO)

1345 Ctitigold Center, President Quirino Avenue, corner South Superhighway, Manila

(632) 552-4700 local 713 to 714 and 742 to 745 Email: info@ cfo.gov.ph; mieo@cfo.gov.ph

Guidance and Counseling Session

Space is highly limited (15 per session for those immigrating to the USA), so you will need to arrive at 4:00 AM and line up at the railing to the entrance! The sessions are Monday to Friday 9:00 AM-12:00 PM and 2:00-5:00 PM.

What to bring:

1. 2 valid forms of ID containing photograph (passport, NBI, etc) - originals AND copy

2. Passport - original AND copy of bio page

2. Birth Certificate (NSO) - original AND copy

3. CENOMAR - original AND copy

4. NBI Clearance - original AND copy

5. Copy of fiance's birth certificate and passport bio page

6. Copy of fiance's proof of singleness (tax transcript and paystubs)

7. Photographs of you with fiance

8. 400 php

- Do not let them keep any of the originals. Have them see it and then keep the copy.

- It may be a good idea to bring your copy of i-129F packet as well (if you have one) in case they want anything else.

Info You Will Need To Know About Fiance

Full name and date of birth

Full MAIDEN name of mother & father

LANDLINE contact number

Address

Cell and email

Occupation & Employer

Education

- You also need to know all of the above information about yourself including zipcode.

Among the Important Info You May Learn About K-1 Immigration Process

Laws regarding visa expiration: valid for 6 months, good for 1 entry, have 90 days after arrival to marry

Travel tax/exit fee and terminal fee: 1620 php and 550 php (if not included with airline ticket payment)

Baggage allowance: check in 2 pieces of luggage weighing less than 50 lbs each, ship rest after arrival

Travel documents: passport, visa , embassy's sealed envelope, baggage declarations (filled on plane)

Customs: arrival at airport immigration, sealed envelope taken, opened, & kept, passport stamped, I-94

Get Social Security #: passport, birth certificate, visa, I-94, filled SS-5 (repeat after name change & EAD)

Register marriage: State County Recorder/Clerk and Philippine Consulate General

Philippine Consulate General contact information and other organizations that assist emigrated Filipinos

Adjustment of Status (AOS), Employment Authorization (EAD), Advanced Parole (travel): after married

Green Card: AOS application, fingerprinting, interview, 2 year conditional card, then ROC, 10 year card

United States Citizenship requirements: 3 years and after Removal of Conditions (ROC)

Dual Citizenship: apply for reacquisition of Philippine citizenship in person at Philippine Consulate

hi leon & mylen

is that okay if i dont have the birthcertificate of my fiance? i got the divorce paper and copy of his passport. do i really need his ITR? and what else do i need to bring? thank you in advance.:)

My fiance and I are ready for the first major step in the K-1 process on her end in Philly - the dreaded CFO seminar. She will be going the last week of this month, as she will be doing this before our NOA2 to get it out of the way.

She will return there after the embassy interview with her passport, visa, copies of this form, payment receipt, and seminar completion certificate to get a sticker affixed to her passport.

Here is the single sheet guide that I made for her to bring and will go over with her in preparation for the seminar. Let me know if it looks good. smile.png

COMMISSION ON FILIPINOS OVERSEES (CFO)

1345 Ctitigold Center, President Quirino Avenue, corner South Superhighway, Manila

(632) 552-4700 local 713 to 714 and 742 to 745 Email: info@ cfo.gov.ph; mieo@cfo.gov.ph

Guidance and Counseling Session

Space is highly limited (15 per session for those immigrating to the USA), so you will need to arrive at 4:00 AM and line up at the railing to the entrance! The sessions are Monday to Friday 9:00 AM-12:00 PM and 2:00-5:00 PM.

What to bring:

1. 2 valid forms of ID containing photograph (passport, NBI, etc) - originals AND copy

2. Passport - original AND copy of bio page

2. Birth Certificate (NSO) - original AND copy

3. CENOMAR - original AND copy

4. NBI Clearance - original AND copy

5. Copy of fiance's birth certificate and passport bio page

6. Copy of fiance's proof of singleness (tax transcript and paystubs)

7. Photographs of you with fiance

8. 400 php

- Do not let them keep any of the originals. Have them see it and then keep the copy.

- It may be a good idea to bring your copy of i-129F packet as well (if you have one) in case they want anything else.

Info You Will Need To Know About Fiance

Full name and date of birth

Full MAIDEN name of mother & father

LANDLINE contact number

Address

Cell and email

Occupation & Employer

Education

- You also need to know all of the above information about yourself including zipcode.

Among the Important Info You May Learn About K-1 Immigration Process

Laws regarding visa expiration: valid for 6 months, good for 1 entry, have 90 days after arrival to marry

Travel tax/exit fee and terminal fee: 1620 php and 550 php (if not included with airline ticket payment)

Baggage allowance: check in 2 pieces of luggage weighing less than 50 lbs each, ship rest after arrival

Travel documents: passport, visa , embassy's sealed envelope, baggage declarations (filled on plane)

Customs: arrival at airport immigration, sealed envelope taken, opened, & kept, passport stamped, I-94

Get Social Security #: passport, birth certificate, visa, I-94, filled SS-5 (repeat after name change & EAD)

Register marriage: State County Recorder/Clerk and Philippine Consulate General

Philippine Consulate General contact information and other organizations that assist emigrated Filipinos

Adjustment of Status (AOS), Employment Authorization (EAD), Advanced Parole (travel): after married

Green Card: AOS application, fingerprinting, interview, 2 year conditional card, then ROC, 10 year card

United States Citizenship requirements: 3 years and after Removal of Conditions (ROC)

Dual Citizenship: apply for reacquisition of Philippine citizenship in person at Philippine Consulate

hi leon & mylen

is that okay if i dont have the birthcertificate of my fiance? i got the divorce paper and copy of his passport. do i really need his ITR? and what else do i need to bring? thank you in advance.:)

hi leon & mylen

hi leon & mylen

Hi Dahlen, I can't guarantee anything other than the fact that they won't ask for everything on that list. My fiance was only asked for half of it. The list was just comprehensive in terms of what has been required of various members on VJ, and even that is ever evolving lol.

It just depends on what the counselor deems necessary to be assured that your fiance is who he says he is and that his intentions with you are honest and upfront.

As long as you display confidence in this and in answering her questions, you will be asked for less in terms of documentation. So I'm guessing that, with this confidence, a passport and divorce papers of your fiance will suffice, but again I cannot guarantee that.

Of course you don't need his original, as just a copy or scanned copy will do, if that helps.

Edited by Leon & Mylen

barata-gif-3.gif

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi leon & mylen

is that okay if i dont have the birthcertificate of my fiance? i got the divorce paper and copy of his passport. do i really need his ITR? and what else do i need to bring? thank you in advance.smile.png

hi leon & mylen

is that okay if i dont have the birthcertificate of my fiance? i got the divorce paper and copy of his passport. do i really need his ITR? and what else do i need to bring? thank you in advance.smile.png

If you have a copy of his divorce decree you are good to go, don't need to bring ITR to CFO except if never married and CFO pushes for evidence of being single (which they don't always do). CFO will more than likely ask for a copy of USC birth certificate.

There is CFO info in my link below this posting.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Hi Dahlen, I can't guarantee anything other than the fact that they won't ask for everything on that list. My fiance was only asked for half of it. The list was just comprehensive in terms of what has been required of various members on VJ, and even that is ever evolving lol.

It just depends on what the counselor deems necessary to be assured that your fiance is who he says he is and that his intentions with you are honest and upfront.

As long as you display confidence in this and in answering her questions, you will be asked for less in terms of documentation. So I'm guessing that, with this confidence, a passport and divorce papers of your fiance will suffice, but again I cannot guarantee that.

Of course you don't need his original, as just a copy or scanned copy will do, if that helps.

This is the most helpful assessment I've read on this topic. I wonder if taking pictures of myself in everyday situations would help show congruency with who I claim to be?

02-27-2013 I-129F Packet Sent
03-03-2013 I-129F Packet Delivery
03-04-2013 NOA1 (text/email)
03-08-2013 A Number Changed
03-09-2013 Received NOA1 hardcopy
06-13-2013 Approved in 99 Days!
06-15-2013 Received NOA2 hardcopy
06-28-2013 Received MNL Case Number
07-08-2013 Manila Embassy Interview scheduled
07-22-2013 SLMEC Medical Exam Day 1
07-23-2013 SLMEC Medical Exam Day 2 - Passed!
08-31-2013 Arrived in Manila
09-02-2013 CFO - PASSED
09-03-2013 Manila Embassy Interview - APPROVED
09-05-2013 Visa Issued
09-09-2013 Visa ready for pick up at SM MOA
09-18-2013 Picked up passport and got CFO sticker

09-22-2013 Departed from Manila
10-04-2013 Fiancee departs for U.S.

Timeline

good.gifgood.gifgood.gifgood.gifgood.gif

02-27-2013 I-129F Packet Sent
03-03-2013 I-129F Packet Delivery
03-04-2013 NOA1 (text/email)
03-08-2013 A Number Changed
03-09-2013 Received NOA1 hardcopy
06-13-2013 Approved in 99 Days!
06-15-2013 Received NOA2 hardcopy
06-28-2013 Received MNL Case Number
07-08-2013 Manila Embassy Interview scheduled
07-22-2013 SLMEC Medical Exam Day 1
07-23-2013 SLMEC Medical Exam Day 2 - Passed!
08-31-2013 Arrived in Manila
09-02-2013 CFO - PASSED
09-03-2013 Manila Embassy Interview - APPROVED
09-05-2013 Visa Issued
09-09-2013 Visa ready for pick up at SM MOA
09-18-2013 Picked up passport and got CFO sticker

09-22-2013 Departed from Manila
10-04-2013 Fiancee departs for U.S.

Timeline

Thanks, and congrats on your arrival in the U.S. smile.png

Oh, and to finally answer the question, did you have to pay another fee when going back to the CFO for the sticker lol?

thanks. there's no additional fee for the sticker.. actually their list online is not updated. on the instruction letter for cfo that was included in the visa packet, it says P400 for the counseling and registration.. so there's no other fees.hehe

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello,

I am planning to attend the afternoon CFO seminar. 2-5 P.M. because I am still employed at the moment and morning conflicts my schedule. What time do you suggest for me to go there? I have always read that for mornings you should be there as early as 3 AM. Will there be a very looong line as well for afternoon schedule?? TIA!!

// OUR K1 VISA JOURNEY //

12/29/2012 - I-129F Packet Sent
01/09/2013 - NOA 1
06/19/2013 - NOA 2
07/12/2013 - Our Case Was Shipped to NVC
07/19/2013 - Called NVC And Got A MNL Case Number
07/22/2013 - Scheduled Interview Online (August 12th)
07/29-30/2013 - SLEC Read my Medical Exam Review
08/12/2013 - Interview Read My Review | Documents I prepared | Tracking my Visa status
08/16/2013 - Visa On Hand Pick up via 2GO MOA
08/27/2013 - CFO seminar and sticker Read my CFO experience
09/01/2013 – POE To U.S.
09/14/2013 - Got married

// AOS Journey //

10/03/2013 - Sent AOS Packet via USPS Priority | My AOS Packet

10/10/2013 - NOA 1 received via text and email (AOS, AP, and EAD) AOS Acceptance 10/09, AP and EAD Initial Review 10/07

10/14/2013 - NOA received via mail (AOS, AP, and EAD)

10/21/2013 - Letter for Biomettrics appointment received

11/04/2013 - RFE from checking online

11/07/2013 - Biometrics

11/08/2013 - Received the RFE letter in the mail & sent RFE on the same day!!

11/14/2013 - RFE respond received

12/04/2013 - I-485 Family-based Card in production (a.m.) then went to Decision (p.m.) - NO interview

12/09/2013 - Green Card was mailed!

12/11/2013 - GC received! 2 months and 1 day from the NOA1

Read how we expedite our case

// EAD/AP //

Terminated as Green Card was approved first.

You can also view my Timeline

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Those that go in the morning and don't get a morning slot are then scheduled for afternoon. Not sure there would be openings if you went in the afternoon hoping for an seat.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.