RachaelP

Pending doc at Embassy sent and received, no response

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

My fiancé had his medical exams done at the end of May, and his results were due on June 6. He went to get the results and the Dr told him that he needed the xrays again since the image wasn't clear. He went back to the lab, paid again, and redid the exam. All came back well, but unfortunately, the paperwork was not available in time for the interview. The doctor assured that this would cause no delay, but of course it would. We were certain that our case would be approved at the interview, but of course with a pending document it couldn't be.

We had our interview in Rio de Janeiro on June 11, 2013. I went to the interview with my fiancé, and it went very smoothly. The lady who interviewed us was nice and asked a few questions. She said that all was approvable and we clearly had a real relationship. She canceled out my fiancé's tourist visa and told him that as soon as the medical exam arrived and was analyzed, and assuming the exam paperwork was fine, she would approve the visa and return the passport. I asked her how much time it usually took to approve once the document arrived to them. She said once they got it, the turn around would be quick, a matter or days. It all depended on how quickly we sent in the pending document.

We received his medical exam two days later on June 13, and we overnighted it to the Rio Consulate. Sedex 10 confirms delivery in June 14 at 9:33am. We contacted the Rio Embassy for some time after and they said they had not received it. They said there were security scans that could delay it being delivered to the immigration sector. Finally on June 24, the embassy replied to our email as having received the documents. It is now July 3, and we have heard no update other than "wait for us to contact". I called up the US Dept of State and they looked up our case. They say the account has no note of having received our documents, they still show as pending.

There is no way to phone the Rio Consulate immigration sector. They will only respond through email. Their response is vague, simply "await our decision". People I met at the embassy the day of our interview (who were in the same situation of needing their medical sent because, the same Dr as ours, did not have the exam papers ready in time) have already received their visa last week! And they sent their exam in after us!

I do not know what to do. I have asked my Congresswoman's office to write the consulate via the "congressional use only" email. We have written emails to the Consulate asking if they require anything else and if there is a problem. We get no response. I worry that the computer (having not been updated to reflect that our documents are there) is causing a glitch where nothing gets done.

Does anybody have any idea what we can do to get help? THe US Dept of State said they can't talk to the embassy either. They can merely look up our case and see whether the visa has been issued or is still pending. I am considering having the inspector general look into it. However, I fear that if we are on the verge of being approved, this might delay things further?

Thank you for any advice!

rwn5m5.png

K-1 Journey

09/24/2012 sent I-120F

09/27/2012 NOA1

04/19/2013 NOA2

04/30/2013 file received at NVC

05/07/2013 file received at Brazilian Consulate

06/11/2013 Interview in Rio de Janeiro - Approved!

07/18/2013 Visa Received (over one month delay at Consulate!)

07/19/2013 Fiancé entered USA

07/21/2013 Wedding

AOS

08/15/2013 sent AOS, EAD, and AP

01/27/2014 received Green card

Timeline

Well, My congresswoman's office replied today. The Rio Consulate told her that yes they received our exam, but the Dr had left out 2 papers and my fiancé would need to go to the Dr office to sign something. Apparently the doctor was notified of this weeks ago, but the cell phone number didn't work and he never tried to mail my fiancé. It isn't the Dr's fault that my fiancé didnt change the phone # on file in their office to his home number when he cancelled his cell service. However, if after two weeks the cellphone doesn't work why not send a letter to the address on file?

I am grateful for my Congresswoman´s office worker who was diligent in getting information for us. I have to wonder, however, why the Consulate kept replying to our emails that all documents were received and we need to only await their decision. This system is broken! If they had simply replied to our emails that the exam was missing documents, WE would have contacted the panel physician and had this ironed out long ago!

Well, my fiancé is on his way to the Dr's office now, and will send the missing documents via Sedex 10. At least we are on our way forward again.

rwn5m5.png

K-1 Journey

09/24/2012 sent I-120F

09/27/2012 NOA1

04/19/2013 NOA2

07/21/2013 Wedding

AOS

Timeline

What a horrible little mix up! Especially when you are so close to finally having him here! I am so sorry to hear about this and I feel the same way about the line of communication with the consulate. To me it seems like their emails are worded and sent to only get them to stop bothering you, not to help. Because of that we had a mix up with some documents as well even though I had asked for specific clarification from the consulate! Luckily once they had all of our documents it all went really quickly! I wish the best for you as well!

My fiance flew in to LAX last night at midnight! He's now spending some time with his sister before he heads my way! I am just so relieved that he made it! Finally he is on US soil! He's mine all mine!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

What a pain! I'm glad you are on your way to being done. Does you fiance actually live in the same city as the doctor? In our case, it would have been a huge hassle, since the nearest approved doctor is a 3 hour plane ride away. Having to go back after 2 weeks to get something resolved would have been awful! Hope that everything goes well and you are together again soon!

event.png

Timeline

What a horrible little mix up! Especially when you are so close to finally having him here! I am so sorry to hear about this and I feel the same way about the line of communication with the consulate. To me it seems like their emails are worded and sent to only get them to stop bothering you, not to help. Because of that we had a mix up with some documents as well even though I had asked for specific clarification from the consulate! Luckily once they had all of our documents it all went really quickly! I wish the best for you as well!

My fiance flew in to LAX last night at midnight! He's now spending some time with his sister before he heads my way! I am just so relieved that he made it! Finally he is on US soil! He's mine all mine!!

Yes, let's hope that things move quickly from here on out. And my fiancé clarified for me that the Dr office ALWAYS had his home phone (rather than the cell phone he'd canceled, which I thought was the problem). But they had input his home phone incorrectly into their system... Ugh! Incompetence left and right!

Congratulations on your fiancé arriving on US soil. Sending good thoughts your way as you begin your new life together! :)

What a pain! I'm glad you are on your way to being done. Does you fiance actually live in the same city as the doctor? In our case, it would have been a huge hassle, since the nearest approved doctor is a 3 hour plane ride away. Having to go back after 2 weeks to get something resolved would have been awful! Hope that everything goes well and you are together again soon!

He lives in São Paulo, so the Dr is just a bus, the metro, and a short walk away... It takes about 30 min to get there. So, in that way we were lucky. The problem should never have occurred to begin with. And when it DID, the Consulate should have notified my fiancé. It is insane that it required me getting my congresswoman to email them to get straight answers. We could have had this taken care of weeks ago. Our wedding is in 16 days....let's hope we dont have to reschedule!

rwn5m5.png

K-1 Journey

09/24/2012 sent I-120F

09/27/2012 NOA1

04/19/2013 NOA2

07/21/2013 Wedding

AOS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Hi, have almost the same situation, NVC send my case to embassy since June 20, I track it via and find it has been delivered on June 24th. The embassy still told me they don't have my case yet.

This is what a see on the US department of state.

U.S. Department of State
IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION
In Transit

Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center.
can anyone teel me how long before the embassy send you packet 3? why they told me they don't have my file when it has been deliverd to them on June 24th?

Timeline

Hi, have almost the same situation, NVC send my case to embassy since June 20, I track it via and find it has been delivered on June 24th. The embassy still told me they don't have my case yet.

This is what a see on the US department of state.

U.S. Department of State

IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION

In Transit

Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center.
can anyone teel me how long before the embassy send you packet 3? why they told me they don't have my file when it has been deliverd to them on June 24th?

Well, it took about 10 days for them the acknowledge receipt of my paperwork via email....and they NEVER acknowledged it on the US Dept of State. When they said it had not arrived (when I knew it had), they commented that it takes a while to go through security scans before being delivered to the immigration sector.

We never received a hard copy of the Packet 3. They only emailed us the packet information after we emailed THEM requesting it. They send this link:

(in english) http://brazil.usembassy.gov/ins-forms.html

(em português) http://portuguese.brazil.usembassy.gov/pt/package.html

Boa sorte!

rwn5m5.png

K-1 Journey

09/24/2012 sent I-120F

09/27/2012 NOA1

04/19/2013 NOA2

07/21/2013 Wedding

AOS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.