Dana1103

One year ban from drug use :(

45 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey chuch1212... At this point I think your best bet is to do what they are asking for. Not really your choice. I went through exactly the same thing. When I went back to re due my medical exam they were pretty firm about what they required. I went to a rehab for 8 months and did a drug test every month (my choice). I also asked for letters from the rehab with stamped dates as well/signatures. Immigration system is no joke

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Might depend on why you not need rehab?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I mean, i can make drug test every month no problem but rehab damn i have been reading most people dont have to do that ,i have a family i left behind ,havent lived in mexico over 15 years.so you did it for 8 months not 12 and that was okay ?thisnis so damn difficult

Timeline

I know damn well that if i do any kind of drug i am screwd and wont ever see my kids again, so thats why i know i dont need rehab but ill defently do a test everymonth i guess ill have to ask either the consulte or the medical facility for that

Timeline

My ban was also for a year but I was only required to attend for 8 months... It's really not that hard to be honest... Believe me, our families are worth every sacrifice... I felt like ####### too being the only female at these places... But I tried not to think like that... I know it seems like everything is impossible now. But we have to keep moving for our families... It's always better to be safe then sorry that's the way I seen it... Thank God that is left behind for me (drug inadmissibility) God willing I will be home to my family within the next 3 months as my original i601a was revoked. I had to reapply for a second and now I'm just waiting for a second approval. Which most likely is u had one approved yours was revoked too...

You go get the drug test on your own. Here in Mexico

You go get the drug test on your own. Here in Mexico

Timeline

Yes mine was revoked as well , so wait you are still in TJ your time is not up yet?you are still in rehab at the moment and drug testing , you have 3 months ?Did you tried to fight it or is it not worth it .im the heead of household and they depend on me you think that would make an excepyion?

Timeline

Yes I'm still in TJ just waiting for my waiver to be approved... I no longer have the drug inadmissibility in my record thank God. I beat that back in Nov 2015. Once the inadmissibility was removed I resubmitted my new i601 in Jan this year. Right now USCIS is taking about 7-8 months to approve waivers

Yes I'm still in TJ just waiting for my waiver to be approved... I no longer have the drug inadmissibility in my record thank God. I beat that back in Nov 2015. Once the inadmissibility was removed I resubmitted my new i601 in Jan this year. Right now USCIS is taking about 7-8 months to approve waivers...

I was banned back in March 2015

Timeline

Yes I'm still in TJ just waiting for my waiver to be approved... I no longer have the drug inadmissibility in my record thank God. I beat that back in Nov 2015. Once the inadmissibility was removed I resubmitted my new i601 in Jan this year. Right now USCIS is taking about 7-8 months to approve waivers

Yes I'm still in TJ just waiting for my waiver to be approved... I no longer have the drug inadmissibility in my record thank God. I beat that back in Nov 2015. Once the inadmissibility was removed I resubmitted my new i601 in Jan this year. Right now USCIS is taking about 7-8 months to approve waivers...

I was banned back in March 2015

Timeline

Wholy so it can take more than a year so wait you went back to juarez had the medical again,the interview and got approved the have to re aply for waiver and wait till you get it then you can come back ?or all the way around wait for waiver and go to juarez and do it all over again?####### i cant believe is more than a year ,i might go to TJ too, to rosarito so my wife and kids can come see me one in a while can you give me the info of the rehab facility you went to ?

Timeline

ezzie1983. I need ur help!!! My husband is going thru the same situation as yours.. We lived here in US, filed for a green card, got approved, we did the I601A, got approved.... Went to ciudad Juarez for consular interview and he admitted to drug use during medical exam. He got denied at consular interview for drug use and we have to resubmit the I601 again in Mexico. And he got a 1 year ban. Officer told him he could redo his medical exam April 2017 then resubmit the I601 waiver. Are u saying that once the year is over (April 2017) he has to redo his medical exam and then we can resubmit the I601? Please help and thank u in advance !!! I will be praying for u. This has been so hard for us

Timeline

Yup I got denied in March 2015... Went back to Juarez Nov 2015 did my new medical exam no interview. Submitted new waiver and waiting for approval now. Once approved I'm 99.99% sure I'll have to go back for a new interview and possibly ANOTHER medical exam. Then go home from there once I receive my visa. I went to Camino seguros in Otay Tijuana. I know the guys pretty well. I can message u my # if I can help in anything. I know how you feel

Camino seguro*

Timeline

Ezzie1983 ... yes please send me tour number ill love to call you for that info .if you dont want to put your number here send it to my email

Edited by TBoneTX
to remove e-mail address

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

A post has been edited to remove an e-mail address. It's prudent not to publicize these, because no one knows who (on or off this site) is looking.

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.