Janellealana

Case pending what do the stages mean?

40 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Mohamed had his interview on September 26th and we have been eagerly waiting for 8 weeks to hear about his visa. I have called the Department of State several times and all they can say is the case is still pending. Thanks to all of you who post here, I learned that there are different stages. So today when I called I asked what stages were still pending. They said that stage 1 and 3 had cleared but stage 2 was still pending. It seems strange that they skipped a stage? Does anyone know what stage 1, 2 and 3 stand for? I e-mailed casa to have them contact the clearing office. If anyone knows anything about these stages could you please let me know? Thank you so much! Anyone else had an interview in September and are still waiting? I feel like I am the only one :(

~Janelle

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...ost&id=1715

Perhaps steps 1,2, and 3 refer to the three different agencies indicated in this diagram that perform the checks?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Mohamed had his interview on September 26th and we have been eagerly waiting for 8 weeks to hear about his visa. I have called the Department of State several times and all they can say is the case is still pending. Thanks to all of you who post here, I learned that there are different stages. So today when I called I asked what stages were still pending. They said that stage 1 and 3 had cleared but stage 2 was still pending. It seems strange that they skipped a stage? Does anyone know what stage 1, 2 and 3 stand for? I e-mailed casa to have them contact the clearing office. If anyone knows anything about these stages could you please let me know? Thank you so much! Anyone else had an interview in September and are still waiting? I feel like I am the only one :(

~Janelle

hi janelle,

my name is mohamed too from morocco lived in marrakesh now in atlanta with my wife ,we had horrible process too, i have a K1 successful interview about 2 weeks later they called to bring passport ,they took it and said to wait for a call but they never called ,my fiancee was calling DOS every single day and we got in PENDING PENDING PENDING ...then they called to get passport back without the visa and said back to AP ,so my damn AP took about 4 MONTHS before i finally got the visa ,and all that because my name is mohamed, so the problem is that in their stupid system it takes long time to issue the visa, so dont be scared he will get the visa as soon as the security clearences are done inchallah .

good luck

I LOVE you my sweetheart now, tomorrow, forever and lonnnnnnnnnger than forever..

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Same problem for my Mohammed... 8 months and counting...

:(

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I really still don't get why a first name would trigger anything. Doesn't it make more sense to look at the full name?

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Timeline

Perhaps steps 1,2, and 3 refer to the three different agencies indicated in this diagram that perform the checks?

Thanks for your response. I had a feeling it was because his name is Mohamed! I hope we find out soon.

Same problem for my Mohammed... 8 months and counting...

Wow 8 months! I pray you get your visa soon!

Thanks that sounds like it could be the answer :)

Timeline
I really still don't get why a first name would trigger anything. Doesn't it make more sense to look at the full name?

it *is* the name as a whole... but there are so many Mohammeds and many of them happen to be on "watch lists" soooo.... all the good Mohammeds w/ the bad Mohammeds... gotta check them all out thoroughly.

It sux, but such is life in a post 9/11 world.

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Timeline

~Janelle

hi janelle,

my name is mohamed too from morocco lived in marrakesh now in atlanta with my wife ,we had horrible process too, i have a K1 successful interview about 2 weeks later they called to bring passport ,they took it and said to wait for a call but they never called ,my fiancee was calling DOS every single day and we got in PENDING PENDING PENDING ...then they called to get passport back without the visa and said back to AP ,so my damn AP took about 4 MONTHS before i finally got the visa ,and all that because my name is mohamed, so the problem is that in their stupid system it takes long time to issue the visa, so dont be scared he will get the visa as soon as the security clearences are done inchallah .

good luck

Thanks for your response. I had a feeling it was because his name is Mohamed! I hope we find out soon.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

They've been checking my Mohamed for 9 months now and still nothing!!!

Met online - May 2004

Met in person - August 2004

Got married - May 2005

Filed I-130 - July 2005

Filed I-129 - August 2005

Interview - February 2006 - 221(g) - still under investigation.

Another useless interview - July 2006 - got nowhere!

August 23, 2007 - he's finally here!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Yes, checks are done from the first paperwork submission in USA up till the interview and then afterwards as well.

Hey, Does anyone know if they do any security checks before the interview stage? Just wondering because I had heard that they do small check and then big one later ? Anyone know?

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
Yes, checks are done from the first paperwork submission in USA up till the interview and then afterwards as well.
Hey, Does anyone know if they do any security checks before the interview stage? Just wondering because I had heard that they do small check and then big one later ? Anyone know?

Yes I was told today that my fiance's checks were started Nov 2 and his interview was the 16th. It is amazing the wide range of responses you get when you call to check status. One person who interviewed same day as us was told call back on Dec 1, then Dec 15th. I was told our checks were pending, and it could be 30-60 days; then that ALL checks take 3-4 months but some people get lucky and get them sooner, but never sooner than 6 weeks. So I guess those with next day visas got fakes!! :P

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Yes I was told today that my fiance's checks were started Nov 2 and his interview was the 16th. It is amazing the wide range of responses you get when you call to check status. One person who interviewed same day as us was told call back on Dec 1, then Dec 15th. I was told our checks were pending, and it could be 30-60 days; then that ALL checks take 3-4 months but some people get lucky and get them sooner, but never sooner than 6 weeks. So I guess those with next day visas got fakes!! :P

OMG, once when I called they asked me why he didn't show up for the interview. :lol:

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.