one...two...tree

Supreme Court strikes down Defense of Marriage Act in win for gays

75 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm for traditional marriage only.

Where two people are sick of each other, but too lazy to find someone else.

Defense of marriage...please. Traditional polygamy, now there's something that should be looked at again. ;)

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness. 

-John Kenneth Galbraith

Timeline

5-13-2013 - I129-F Send Express to Texas

5-15-2013 - I129-F Delivered and signed for in Lewisville Texas at USCIS

5-17-2013 - NOA1

5-20-2013 - Check Cashed USCIS

8-01-2013 - NOA2  (76 Days from NOA1)

9-20-2013 - NVC received!

10-7-2013  - Received at embassy Manila (17 days from receiving at NVC)

10-21-2013 - Passed Medical

10-25-2013 - Interview scheduled

10-25-2013 - Administrative Review

11-5-2013  -  Approved

11-13-2013 - Visa received

11-19-2013 - Leaving to PI

12-3-2013 - POE Seattle WA

12-14-2013 - Wedding Ruston Washington.

I'm for traditional marriage only.

Where two people are sick of each other, but too lazy to find someone else.

Defense of marriage...please. Traditional polygamy, now there's something that should be looked at again. wink.png

I am all excited about Gay divorce.. In fact I think gay divorce court would be awesome.Can you imagine two Fem Gay guys going at it in Divorce court.

May be better than Judge Judy

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

So, you're equating the consensual love between two human beings with the non-consensual love between one human and one animal?

If you don't like or agree with gay marriage, don't have one. I'm in a heterosexual marriage and I honestly couldn't care less whether two people in a marriage are of the same gender or different genders, it shouldn't be up to any person or government to label one form of love as being right and all others wrong, especially in a "free" country. I am happy for all of the couples who are one step closer to having rights they never should have really been denied.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am all excited about Gay divorce.. In fact I think gay divorce court would be awesome.Can you imagine two Fem Gay guys going at it in Divorce court.

I never thought of that...they should actually setup a gay divorce channel...that's pure gold.

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness. 

-John Kenneth Galbraith

Timeline

5-13-2013 - I129-F Send Express to Texas

5-15-2013 - I129-F Delivered and signed for in Lewisville Texas at USCIS

5-17-2013 - NOA1

5-20-2013 - Check Cashed USCIS

8-01-2013 - NOA2  (76 Days from NOA1)

9-20-2013 - NVC received!

10-7-2013  - Received at embassy Manila (17 days from receiving at NVC)

10-21-2013 - Passed Medical

10-25-2013 - Interview scheduled

10-25-2013 - Administrative Review

11-5-2013  -  Approved

11-13-2013 - Visa received

11-19-2013 - Leaving to PI

12-3-2013 - POE Seattle WA

12-14-2013 - Wedding Ruston Washington.

Divorce Court would be good, but nuthins better than Judge Judy! I hope that woman lives forever!

judge-judy.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Any idea what this means for immigration benefits?

I would assume that people could now petition their same sex fiance(e)s. This would be tremendous for the people in that one thread about it -- forgive me for not remembering their names.

Edited by duraaraa

What would Xenu do?

Any idea what this means for immigration benefits?

I would assume that people could now petition their same sex fiance(e)s. This would be tremendous for the people in that one thread about it -- forgive me for not remembering their names.

I'm not sure either. From what I've read online, it looked to me like the only thing stopping same-sex couples where the petitioner lived in a pro-SSM state from applying for K-1s was DOMA. With DOMA struck down as unconstitutional, one would think that means they now have an equal avenue to apply for a visa same as everyone else. I can't find confirmation of this, though, since all anyone talks about is "federal benefits" without any specifics, and no one seems to think of the poor binational couples.

I would be absolutely ecstatic to hear confirmation that they can now apply!

Met in person for the first time: April 23, 2011 in Docklands, London, UK
Engaged: October 29th, 2012 at the John Hancock Building in Chicago, US

Filed K-1 visa application: April 4, 2013
Received text/email notification: April 12, 2013
Received NOA1 in mail: April 17, 2013
Received NOA2 text/email: August 6th, 2013 (at 9:45pm!)

NVC received packet: August 30th, 2013

Beneficiary rcvd "Packet 3" instructions: September 13, 2013

Embassy rcvd completed "Packet 3": September 24, 2013

Police certificate rcvd: September 27, 2013

Medical Appointment: October 2, 2013

Medical Received at Embassy: October 17, 2013 (delay due to request for further info)

Embassy appointment/Visa Approved!!!: November 21st, 2013

VISA RECEIVED!!!: November 28th, 2013

Beneficiary Arrived!!!: December 5th, 2013

Married December 22nd, 2013

Filing to POE: 8 months, 1 day

Filed AoS application: April 5th, 2014

Received NOA1 in mail: April 11th, 2014 (no text/email)

Received NOA2 in mail: September 2nd, 2014 (still no text/email)

Separated: September 2015

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

So, you're equating the consensual love between two human beings with the non-consensual love between one human and one animal?

If you don't like or agree with gay marriage, don't have one. I'm in a heterosexual marriage and I honestly couldn't care less whether two people in a marriage are of the same gender or different genders, it shouldn't be up to any person or government to label one form of love as being right and all others wrong, especially in a "free" country. I am happy for all of the couples who are one step closer to having rights they never should have really been denied.

you're endorsing bestiality? no wonder this country is going down the toilet. our founding fathers are rolling in their graves, yelling out for their female slaves to help sooth their restlessness.