David&Erin_Owens

AOS Interview next week on the 9th

16 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Ok, after 2 years and 3 months we have our interview!

I think I have all the documentation we need. However, I do have a couple of questions.

Firstly, how exactly should the wording of the letter from your employer read. Is it a case of stating position, rate of pay etc, or can there be an element of character reference?

Secondly, is it normal to be this nervous, and have your brain fail you when you need to be asking important questions!!

:blink::blush:

Have read through this forum this morning and its been a real help though. Thanks all.

PS Remembered another question. God willing, when we are approved, does anyone know if its possible to move out of State? Basically, we want to move back North asap, should I wait until we have recieved the GC in my hand before moving or can we submit a change of address and the GC get sent there? Turn times for people receiving them seem to be varied. Our interview is March, and we really want to be out of FL by the start of May, hurricanes, heat, etc.

Again, many thanks

David & Erin [br]5962a06.jpg.png

6/19/2002- Met Online

11/10/2002- Met in person for the first time at Buffalo International Airport we spend a blissful but all too short week together.

2/23/03- David proposes on the beach in Melbourne Florida at sunrise during his second visit.

9/26/03- After much talk with USCIS we decide to go ahead and get married during David's third visit, with David planning on returning to Ireland the following week.

9/30/03- Phone USCIS to ask questions on filling out paper work and USCIS officer informs us that if David is already here he doesn't need to leave. After numerous calls to the Irish Embassy and two more calls to USCIS to confirm, we decide he will stay.

12/02/03- Petition for AOS recieved

10/8/04- EAD FINALLY arrives

11/10/2004- Our Son Colin Michael Kieran born two years to the minute after our first face to face meeting!

1/26/06- Recieved interview appointment letter.

3/09/06- AOS approved! David is a permanent resident with stamp in passport.

4/4/06- Green card arrives. We are now free to travel back to Ireland so David can see his family for the first time in more than two years.

I think you should wait till you receive your GC and move afterwards, just to eliminate the many problems change of address can create. Your GC could get lost in the mail for forever :o

If you need the letter of employer for affidavit of support purposes then the letter should reflect how long you have worked, if the position is temporary or not, the rate of pay, etc' - everything what reflects the stability of your income.

Good luck on your interview and yes, it's normal to be nervous :P

Edited by Anastasia

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Firstly, how exactly should the wording of the letter from your employer read

Ours basically states:

Date

To whom it may concern:

This letter is to confirm that (name) has been employed by (company name) since (date) and is currently working as a full-time (position title) earning $x per year.

If you have any questions or need additional inormation, please contact me directly at (HR phone number)

Sincerely

(HR signature)

(HR name typed)

(Person's title)

This is on a company letter head.

Not sure about the address thingy, but I would imagine ye should have the GC in time. And if not, can you do a change of address re-route at the Post Office?

And relax!! :)

03.04.2009......Posted I-130 to U.S. Embassy

03.04.2009......Ordered Police Certificate for Visa Purposes from Local Garda Office (ordered over the phone)

03.05.2009......I-130 received at Embassy

03.06.2009......Received Police Cert

03.18.2009......I-130 Approved

09.10.2009......Medical Exam

09.23.2009......Embassy receives Notice of Readiness

10.13.2009......Received our interview date

10.29.2009......Successful interview!

11.5.2009........Visa received in post

11.7.2009........All the family flew to the US together :)

12.20.2009......Received Welcome to America letter

12.24.2009......10 year Greencard received in the mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Good luck at the interview.

It's much simpler than you think it will be.... so just relax.

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Timeline

Thank you all.

6/19/2002- Met Online

11/10/2002- Met in person for the first time at Buffalo International Airport we spend a blissful but all too short week together.

2/23/03- David proposes on the beach in Melbourne Florida at sunrise during his second visit.

9/26/03- After much talk with USCIS we decide to go ahead and get married during David's third visit, with David planning on returning to Ireland the following week.

9/30/03- Phone USCIS to ask questions on filling out paper work and USCIS officer informs us that if David is already here he doesn't need to leave. After numerous calls to the Irish Embassy and two more calls to USCIS to confirm, we decide he will stay.

11/10/2004- Our Son Colin Michael Kieran born two years to the minute after our first face to face meeting!

4/4/06- Green card arrives. We are now free to travel back to Ireland so David can see his family for the first time in more than two years.

David&Erin_Owens:

As far as the Employer's Letter is concerned, it has to be on the company letter head, and ours was pretty much like this:

To whom it may concern:

This is to confirm that (name xxx) has been employed by (company name xxx) since (date xxx) as a full-time (position title xxx) and is an employee in good standing, earning $xxxx per year.

Should you need futher information or clarifications, please contact me at (Employer's phone number xxx)

Regards,

(Employer's signature)

(Employer's name typed)

(Employer's title)

Date

About the interview...relax, I'm sure you're very prepared for it, especially after waiting for so long! :thumbs:

If I were you, I would wait to receive the Green Card before moving. Nowadays it really takes about 2-3 weeks to get it (ours showed up 8 days after the approval!), so I would definitely wait.

Good luck at your interview, and keep us updated! (F)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Ok, after 2 years and 3 months we have our interview!

Congratulations! :) Good luck!

Firstly, how exactly should the wording of the letter from your employer read. Is it a case of stating position, rate of pay etc, or can there be an element of character reference?

As below, that's more or less almost to the word of what I used. My husband's current employer provided him with a very detailed letter of offer in 2005, so that's what I used along with my immigration AOS/I-130 application. It had all the details plus everything USCIS could ever want to know about how much they like him. ;)

Secondly, is it normal to be this nervous, and have your brain fail you when you need to be asking important questions!!

Yes, that it is. I was running through some of the sample questions for AOS and a few points failed me -- the most important ones, like his mother's full name! If I can offer any advice as a fellow interviewee: take a deep breath, concentrate, and answer the question to yourself slowly and surely.

God willing, when we are approved, does anyone know if its possible to move out of State? Basically, we want to move back North asap, should I wait until we have recieved the GC in my hand before moving?

Murphy's Law: if you move, it'll arrive at the old address or be lost in transit. ;) I would be inclined to wait, myself, if you can afford to do so comfortably.

26 January 2005 - Entered US as visitor from Canada.
16 May 2005 - Assembled health package, W2s.
27 June 2005 - Sent package off to Chicago lockbox.
28 June 2005 - Package received at Chicago lockbox.
11 July 2005 - RFE: cheques inappropriately placed.
18 July 2005 - NOA 1: I-485, I-131, I-765 received!
19 July 2005 - NOA 1: I-130 received!
24 August 2005 - Biometrics appointment (Naperville, IL).
25 August 2005 - AOS touched.
29 August 2005 - AP, EAD, I-485 touched.
15 September 2005 - AP and EAD approved!
03 February 2006 - SSN arrives (150 days later)
27 February 2006 - NOA 2: Interview for 27 April!!
27 April 2006 - AOS Interview, approved after 10 minutes!
19 May 2006 - 2 year conditional green card.
01 May 2008 - 10 year green card arrives.
09 December 2012 - Assembled N-400 package.
15 January 2013 - Sent package off to Phoenix.
28 January 2013 - RFE: signature missing.
06 February 2013 - NOA 1: N-400 received!
27 February 2013 - Biometrics appointment (Detroit, MI).
01 April 2013 - NOA 2: Interview assigned.

15 May 2013 - Naturalization Interview, approved after 15 minutes.

10 June 2013 - Naturalized.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

APPROVED. :dance:

Orlando, tradeport drive. We had to wait about an hour, and were then called in. The interviewer was very friendly and from his first few words we could tell he was going to approve us. He took our file of a shelf next to his desk and joked that it had taken him 2 days to go through! He handed back a pile of photo's documents etc, etc, and said that he had pretty much everything.

He then asked some pretty basic questions, had Erin met my family, and if we had kids. The only thing that he really was exact on was our combined income.

He then took my old EAD's, stamped my passport and told me to expect my Green Card in about 2-4 weeks.

He walked us out, and joked with my wife that she should drive us home as I seemed to shook up to drive.

:hehe:

Thank you to everyone associated with this board who have provided info for me and indeed for everyone else. It is an invaluable resource.

:yes:

Erin, our children (Lily and Colin) and I can now be together (L)

6/19/2002- Met Online

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
:dance: Congrats!! A nice way to celebrate Paddy's Day tomorrow too!!!

03.04.2009......Posted I-130 to U.S. Embassy

03.04.2009......Ordered Police Certificate for Visa Purposes from Local Garda Office (ordered over the phone)

03.05.2009......I-130 received at Embassy

03.06.2009......Received Police Cert

03.18.2009......I-130 Approved

09.10.2009......Medical Exam

09.23.2009......Embassy receives Notice of Readiness

10.13.2009......Received our interview date

10.29.2009......Successful interview!

11.5.2009........Visa received in post

11.7.2009........All the family flew to the US together :)

12.20.2009......Received Welcome to America letter

12.24.2009......10 year Greencard received in the mail

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Wonderful news.

Congrats. :D

Did they say if you are going to get the 10 year card since you are past being married for two years.

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Timeline
Wonderful news.

Congrats. :D

Did they say if you are going to get the 10 year card since you are past being married for two years.

Sorry, forgot to mention that, there is no conditional status. He also said I can apply for citizenship in three years which can't be right???

Just can't wait to get that green card in my hadns!!

6/19/2002- Met Online

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

congrats. Long wait indeed. Best wishes

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats!

26 January 2005 - Entered US as visitor from Canada.
16 May 2005 - Assembled health package, W2s.
27 June 2005 - Sent package off to Chicago lockbox.
28 June 2005 - Package received at Chicago lockbox.
11 July 2005 - RFE: cheques inappropriately placed.
18 July 2005 - NOA 1: I-485, I-131, I-765 received!
19 July 2005 - NOA 1: I-130 received!
24 August 2005 - Biometrics appointment (Naperville, IL).
25 August 2005 - AOS touched.
29 August 2005 - AP, EAD, I-485 touched.
15 September 2005 - AP and EAD approved!
03 February 2006 - SSN arrives (150 days later)
27 February 2006 - NOA 2: Interview for 27 April!!
27 April 2006 - AOS Interview, approved after 10 minutes!
19 May 2006 - 2 year conditional green card.
01 May 2008 - 10 year green card arrives.
09 December 2012 - Assembled N-400 package.
15 January 2013 - Sent package off to Phoenix.
28 January 2013 - RFE: signature missing.
06 February 2013 - NOA 1: N-400 received!
27 February 2013 - Biometrics appointment (Detroit, MI).
01 April 2013 - NOA 2: Interview assigned.

15 May 2013 - Naturalization Interview, approved after 15 minutes.

10 June 2013 - Naturalized.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.