bebop + rocksteady

Frustrated. Never received hard copy NOA2.

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

So, I never received my hard copy of my NOA2. It was mailed November 1st. My case already been through NVC, to Montreal, and forwarded to Vancouver.

Alright, so after spending 30 minutes pushing buttons on the USCIS main line, I finally got through to a real, live person at CSC. He was very nice to me. I asked him what the deal was (in more comprehensive fashion). And he said I should wait a few more weeks. Which I will do. Then I asked him what should I do then if it doesn't arrive. He then said to me, "Well, you don't need it anywhere else in the process." And I politely corrected him and told him that I'll need it at the AOS stage. And he said, "Well a print out of the email and online case status should work." Is this true? Anyone gone this route?

I asked him if he could reissue me one anyways, and he said that they only reissue them if they get returned to them. So I asked him what I had to do to get another, and he said file the dreaded (and expensive) I-824. He was shocked by how much it cost. He expressed his regret that there was nothing more he could do and...tada.

So, I'm left curious if the NOA1, print out of the approval email/case status, and my NVC letter will be enough to compensate for my lack of NOA2?

Bah! Just when this whole visa thing was starting to go our way, the USPS decides to eat our NOA2!

:star: Cass (bebop the great)

us.gif

timeline.gif

K-1

Service Center: California (transferred from Nebraska)

Consulate: Vancouver, Canada (transferred from Montreal)

06.17.2006 — Engagement!

08.23.2006 — NOA1

11.01.2006 — NOA2

01.25.2007 — Interview—APPPROOOVVEEEDD!!

02.12.2007 — Entry date!

03.01.2007 — Applied for SSN.

03.08.2007 — Social Security Card arrives! :)

03.17.2007 — Wedding day! Happy St. Patty's Day! YAY! :D

AOS/EAD

04.30.2007 — AOS/EAD Mailed off (No AP)

05.02.2007 — Arrives in Chicago.

05.08.2007 — NOA1 for AOS/EAD

06.01.2007 — Biometrics (and EAD Touch)

06.14.2007 — AOS Touch

06.17.2007 — AOS Transferred to CSC

06.19.2007 — AOS Touch

06.20.2007 — AOS Touch

06.21.2007 — AOS Touch (They must be doing something!)

07.25.2007 — EA Card Arrives. YAY! :)

09.03.2007 — AOS Touch, something finally!

09.05.2007 — AOS Touch

09.07.2007 — AOS Touch

09.09.2007 — AOS Touch

09.10.2007 — AOS Touch

09.11.2007 — AOS Approval without interview

09.17.2007 — Welcome to America! Letter arrives

09.29.2007 — Green card arrives! WOOO! No more USCIS until 06/09.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
So, I never received my hard copy of my NOA2. It was mailed November 1st. My case already been through NVC, to Montreal, and forwarded to Vancouver.

Alright, so after spending 30 minutes pushing buttons on the USCIS main line, I finally got through to a real, live person at CSC. He was very nice to me. I asked him what the deal was (in more comprehensive fashion). And he said I should wait a few more weeks. Which I will do. Then I asked him what should I do then if it doesn't arrive. He then said to me, "Well, you don't need it anywhere else in the process." And I politely corrected him and told him that I'll need it at the AOS stage. And he said, "Well a print out of the email and online case status should work." Is this true? Anyone gone this route?

I asked him if he could reissue me one anyways, and he said that they only reissue them if they get returned to them. So I asked him what I had to do to get another, and he said file the dreaded (and expensive) I-824. He was shocked by how much it cost. He expressed his regret that there was nothing more he could do and...tada.

So, I'm left curious if the NOA1, print out of the approval email/case status, and my NVC letter will be enough to compensate for my lack of NOA2?

Bah! Just when this whole visa thing was starting to go our way, the USPS decides to eat our NOA2!

:star: Cass (bebop the great)

I would love to hear the response from this because I am in a similar situation. I moved and never received the NOA 2. I have requested to have the NOA 2 sent to my new address but I have not received it! The woman told me to wait 45 days and it is very close. I requested the NOA 2 in mid October. I hope that an email of the approval would be sufficient. I don't want to spend $200 on a copy (especially if I never got the first copy!)

12/29/06-entered USA

1/03/07 Married

AOS JOURNEY BEGINS.....

1/4/07-mailed AOS/EAD

1/5/07-AOS/EAD received at Chicago Lockbox

1/13/07-NOA 1 (dated 1/9/07)

1/15/07-AOS/EAD touched

1/16/07-touched

1/22/07-touched

1/23/07-email stating rfe is coming :(

1/24/07-AOS/EAD touched

1/28/07-AOS touched

1/30/07-Biometrics appointment

1/31/07- mail RFE to Missouri

2/1/07-AOS/EAD touched

2/6/07-Processing on case resumes!!!

2/16/07-Transferred to California Service Center

2/20/07-Touched

2/26/07-Case pending at California Service Center

2/27/07-touched

3/2/07-touched

3/5/07-touched

3/8/07-touched

3/8/07-GREEN CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!!! My wonderful birthday gift

3/14/07-Green card in hands

Note to self...... Lift conditions 12/08

I don't have much advice, sorry. WHy don't you try asking people who will be going through the same consulate. Ask if they needed to present a copy of thier NOA2 in thier interview. If they say no, then you don't have to worry about it much right now simply print out what you can and present that at the interview stage. Now, for AOS, that will be another issue. I'm not sure what's required at AOS. But maybe you can try submitting the same print outs and see if this will suffice. If it's not enough, won't you get an RFE? I'm not too sure, best of luck to both of you. :thumbs:

* * * * * * * * * K-1 VISA * * * * * * * * * * * *

06/21/06: Submitted I-129F to the CSC

10/18/06: NOA2 DATE

01/29/07: MEDICAL IN CDJ

01/30/07: INTERVIEW in CDJ **My fiance receives his visa**

03/31/07-04/08/07: I leave to Mexico and bring back my fiance

04/08/07: U.S. ENTRY at LAX

04/23/07: Married in Vegas

* * * * * * * *AOS, AP, & EAD * * * * * * * * * *

05/24/07: Submitted AOS, AP, EAD

06/01/07: NOA1 for AOS & EAD, NOA1 for AP missing, but they received forms

06/06/07: TOUCHED (AOS, AP, EAD)

06/23/07: RFE for I-864 paperwork

07/03/07: Biometrics for AOS & EAD

07/03/07: TOUCHED (EAD)

07/07/07: Submitted response to RFE

07/18/07: TOUCHED (AOS) They received RFE response

08/08/07: AP APPROVED

08/10/07: EAD APPROVED

10/17/07: AOS interview in Los Angeles -- APPROVED, pending name check :(

02/08/08: Name check has cleared, Notice welcoming new resident is mailed out

02/12/08: Card Production ordered, woohoo

02/15/08: Notice welcoming new resident is received

02/21/08: GREEN CARD IN HAND

08/23/08: After 7 years together . . . Religious wedding ceremony and HUGE PARTY in Jalisco, Mexico (we deserve it)

08/24-08/30: Spend our honeymoon in Acapulco, Mexico

Link to video clip of our wedding: http://www.youtube.com/user/dstradaproducc...f/1/wHiId9HZVRc

Nov. 2009: File to Remove Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
I don't have much advice, sorry. WHy don't you try asking people who will be going through the same consulate. Ask if they needed to present a copy of thier NOA2 in thier interview. If they say no, then you don't have to worry about it much right now simply print out what you can and present that at the interview stage. Now, for AOS, that will be another issue. I'm not sure what's required at AOS. But maybe you can try submitting the same print outs and see if this will suffice. If it's not enough, won't you get an RFE? I'm not too sure, best of luck to both of you. :thumbs:

My fiance went to the interview and the NOA 2 is not needed for the interview. The NOA 2 is needed for the AOS packet.

12/29/06-entered USA

1/03/07 Married

AOS JOURNEY BEGINS.....

1/4/07-mailed AOS/EAD

1/5/07-AOS/EAD received at Chicago Lockbox

1/13/07-NOA 1 (dated 1/9/07)

1/15/07-AOS/EAD touched

1/16/07-touched

1/22/07-touched

1/23/07-email stating rfe is coming :(

1/24/07-AOS/EAD touched

1/28/07-AOS touched

1/30/07-Biometrics appointment

1/31/07- mail RFE to Missouri

2/1/07-AOS/EAD touched

2/6/07-Processing on case resumes!!!

2/16/07-Transferred to California Service Center

2/20/07-Touched

2/26/07-Case pending at California Service Center

2/27/07-touched

3/2/07-touched

3/5/07-touched

3/8/07-touched

3/8/07-GREEN CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!!! My wonderful birthday gift

3/14/07-Green card in hands

Note to self...... Lift conditions 12/08

Filed: Timeline

Cass,

Worked for my wife's adjustment from K3, although we had a slightly different reason for not having an Approval Notice - the USCIS never generated one. In lieu of an approval notice Rodjanaa sent a photocopy of the NVC letter stating that they had received the approved petition from the USCIS and a current printout of the USCIS Online Status page that said the petition had been received and I would be notified when a decision had been made.

Yodrak

Cass

Edited by Yodrak

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

ok I got one for you, I never got a NOA2 just a letter from the NVC that my approved case was passed on the Lagos Consulate. I called USCIS SEVERAL times (my lawyer did too) they insist I am not approved. DUMMIES. Finaly one chick gave me some escalation and said that I would hear from someone in 30 days...NOPE did not happen. Our interview is 12/13/06, and the USCIS still says we are not approved, that I am wrong.

I have decided that once we get through the interview, I will try to Battle for my NOA2 again.

I would say just go to the USCIS web site and find your case number with approval online. Then hit the print button. As long as you submit a photo copy you should be fine. I was just at the USCIS local office in Sacramento about filing for my wife's son and they told us to send photocopies of documents, not originals. We are applying for AOS for him.

So, a photo copy of the printed page from the web site should work fine. After all, they can access the same information as you with the case number.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

My case had been approved on 24th Oct till now we never received NOA2 in mail

AOS

10/17/08*** Aos mailed

10/24/08*** NOA 1

10/31/08*** Biomectric Appointment in mail

11/5/08**** REF

11/12/08*** Biomectric Appointment

1/13/09**** Send out REF

1/16/09**** Case resume

1/22/09**** Case transfer to CSC

1/29/09**** Touch

1/30/09**** Touch

2/13/09**** Touch

2/17/09**** Touch

3/13/09**** Receive Welcome Letter :D

3/29/09**** Green Card in mail :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.