goodlucklife

The Waiting room for fiancé visa case number is it 10 days or 20

1,090 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I just wanted to update everyone on the status of our case. I have been with my fiance in Ukraine for her birthday and I wasn't able to call NVC for a week. So I called yesterday and they said that they sent they recieved our case and sent it. When I tracked it it said that it arrived at the embassy and was ready. Our case was transferred to NVC on July 21 and on July 23 they assigned the case number. On July 30 our case was ready. It was awesome to be with my fiance when I got the news it was ready! And even more awesome is that she scheduled her interview and I WILL be able to go with her before I go back to the U.S.! I'm beyond happy and the 6 months of waiting just makes it sweeter.

When did you schedule it for?

I went to their site today to schedule our interview and they had slots available as early as Aug 5 (that's in 2 business days!) We can't do it so fast, so we scheduled for the 21st. I'm flying there to be with her too. They had slots available for pretty much every business day in August.

1/4/13 - I129-F Sent | 1/8/13 - Received by USCIS
1/10/13 - NOA1 to VSC | 1/11/13 - Text/Email | 1/17/13 - Hard Copy Received
1/16/13 - Alien Registration Number changed
5/24/13 or 5/29/13 - Case Transferred to TSC
7/2/13 - NOA2 from TSC! (173 days from NOA1) | 7/6/13 - Hard Copy Received
7/18/13 - Shipped to NVC | 7/26/13 - Received at NVC and case number assigned
7/29/13 - In transit to consulate | 7/31/13 - Received by consulate
8/20/13 - Medical - Passed | 8/21/13 - Interview - Approved!
8/28/13 - Passport with visa ready to pickup from courier
10/17/13 - POE - JFK
10/28/13 - Applied for SSN and marriage license | 11/2/13 - SS card received
11/21/13 - Wedding

12/30/13 - I485/I765/I131 Sent | 1/2/14 - Received by USCIS
1/3/14 - NOA1 to NBC | 1/16/14 - Hard Copy Received
2/4/14 - Biometrics
3/7/14 - AP and EAD approved!
3/11/14 - AP/EAD card mailed | 3/14/14 - Received
4/10/14 - Interview Waiver letter
6/16/14 - Approved! | 6/21/14 - GC Received

5/2/16 - I-751 Sent | 5/5/16 - Received by USCIS
5/6/16 - NOA1 to VSC
6/14/16 - Biometrics

4/19/17 - Approved! | 4/22/17 - Letter received | 5/4/17 - GC Received

Filed: E-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

When did you schedule it for?

I went to their site today to schedule our interview and they had slots available as early as Aug 5 (that's in 2 business days!) We can't do it so fast, so we scheduled for the 21st. I'm flying there to be with her too. They had slots available for pretty much every business day in August.

We scheduled it for August 13. We would have liked to have scheduled it sooner but she had to get a police report that is required by the embassy and it won't be ready until August 9.

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

So after waiting exactly a week (counting business days only) we finally received an e-mail for packet 3. The whole day yesterday I kept on checking on CEAC website and nothing changed on there. However, yesterday evening around 7:30 p.m. we received an e-mail for Packet 3. I was speechless and happy. Then I checked the CEAC website again and finally it said Ready. So it seems (at least for Sydney) that they change the status on CEAC website once they send out the packet 3. I know some of you have already scheduled your interviews. Good luck to you all ! And the ones who are still waiting to get the number from NVC or waiting for their cases to reach the Consulate, just be patient. It will happen when you least expect it. Good luck to you all !!

Edited by pacharya

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

After all the waiting, .....the NOA1,.... The Transfer to texas , ....The Finally getting the NOA2 and then ......The MNL case number!!!! ...... I schedule the interview for Aug 8th.......register Fiancee At St Lukes for medical and we think that we are home free, just a matter of weeks now and she will be here!!!!! We relax, we are on the home stretch, Rounded the bend, the wonderfull end of this journey is a stones throw away. Yippeeeee, Chill the champagne, Get the cork screw out and get ready to celebrate!!!!

And then at Medical............................. Sputum ... Now 2 more months for sputum test AAAAAAAAHHHHGGGGGG!!!!!!!!

NOA1 December 20,2012

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

After all the waiting, .....the NOA1,.... The Transfer to texas , ....The Finally getting the NOA2 and then ......The MNL case number!!!! ...... I schedule the interview for Aug 8th.......register Fiancee At St Lukes for medical and we think that we are home free, just a matter of weeks now and she will be here!!!!! We relax, we are on the home stretch, Rounded the bend, the wonderfull end of this journey is a stones throw away. Yippeeeee, Chill the champagne, Get the cork screw out and get ready to celebrate!!!!

And then at Medical............................. Sputum ... Now 2 more months for sputum test AAAAAAAAHHHHGGGGGG!!!!!!!!

oh no! Ugh - so sorry to hear that. :( what happens -- they want to do the xray again to make sure that it's gone? was she feeling sick?

Timeline

oh no! Ugh - so sorry to hear that. sad.png what happens -- they want to do the xray again to make sure that it's gone? was she feeling sick?

The sputum test is for TB. When she went for medical they take ex-ray and they saw scar in the lungs now she has to go back to the medical clinic 3 days in row to give sample of what she coughs up. They then grow the culture for 2 months to to see if TB grows. If positive for TB then it is 6 month treatment after that, if negative then she can go for Embassy interview. So it is Minimum of like 2-3 more months.

I strongly suggest that you get your prospective spouse to have a medical exam very early on in this process and test specifically for TB so you can deal with it early on!!!

NOA1 December 20,2012

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

The sputum test is for TB. When she went for medical they take ex-ray and they saw scar in the lungs now she has to go back to the medical clinic 3 days in row to give sample of what she coughs up. They then grow the culture for 2 months to to see if TB grows. If positive for TB then it is 6 month treatment after that, if negative then she can go for Embassy interview. So it is Minimum of like 2-3 more months.

I strongly suggest that you get your prospective spouse to have a medical exam very early on in this process and test specifically for TB so you can deal with it early on!!!

So sorry to hear this. It is the last thing you want especially after waiting this long to be with her. I sincerely hope she tests negative and you guys can be together ASAP. Good luck !!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

They won't even let you do the interview? I know in some countries you can still do the interview and get an approval pending the sputum results come back negative and then they issue the visa once they receive the medical results.

1/4/13 - I129-F Sent | 1/8/13 - Received by USCIS
1/10/13 - NOA1 to VSC | 1/11/13 - Text/Email | 1/17/13 - Hard Copy Received
1/16/13 - Alien Registration Number changed
5/24/13 or 5/29/13 - Case Transferred to TSC
7/2/13 - NOA2 from TSC! (173 days from NOA1) | 7/6/13 - Hard Copy Received
7/18/13 - Shipped to NVC | 7/26/13 - Received at NVC and case number assigned
7/29/13 - In transit to consulate | 7/31/13 - Received by consulate
8/20/13 - Medical - Passed | 8/21/13 - Interview - Approved!
8/28/13 - Passport with visa ready to pickup from courier
10/17/13 - POE - JFK
10/28/13 - Applied for SSN and marriage license | 11/2/13 - SS card received
11/21/13 - Wedding

12/30/13 - I485/I765/I131 Sent | 1/2/14 - Received by USCIS
1/3/14 - NOA1 to NBC | 1/16/14 - Hard Copy Received
2/4/14 - Biometrics
3/7/14 - AP and EAD approved!
3/11/14 - AP/EAD card mailed | 3/14/14 - Received
4/10/14 - Interview Waiver letter
6/16/14 - Approved! | 6/21/14 - GC Received

5/2/16 - I-751 Sent | 5/5/16 - Received by USCIS
5/6/16 - NOA1 to VSC
6/14/16 - Biometrics

4/19/17 - Approved! | 4/22/17 - Letter received | 5/4/17 - GC Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

oh dang that stinks. I'm so sorry. :( My fiance had his medical last Friday and luckily no issues. I really hope your fiance gets good news on her health and that you guys will be together asap after all these tests are complete..lots of luck to you guys.

Timeline

They won't even let you do the interview? I know in some countries you can still do the interview and get an approval pending the sputum results come back negative and then they issue the visa once they receive the medical results.

Manila ... NO medical Approval ..... No interview

NOA1 December 20,2012

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

We scheduled it for August 13. We would have liked to have scheduled it sooner but she had to get a police report that is required by the embassy and it won't be ready until August 9.

My file ship out to embassy today. I sent all documents to Fiance 2 weeks ago after NOA2. Hope we can schedule medical on 9th, get interview also on 13th and then fly them to USA on 19th or 20th.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

OMG H_M. I called the USCIS service center and spoke to a tier 2 rep that was actually competent. Despite them sending me a letter stating they sent it on July 12 to NVC she stated she saw on her computer screen that it was never sent. This is so insane. I pray to god it gets shipped next week.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I just wanted to update everyone on the status of our case. I have been with my fiance in Ukraine for her birthday and I wasn't able to call NVC for a week. So I called yesterday and they said that they sent they recieved our case and sent it. When I tracked it it said that it arrived at the embassy and was ready. Our case was transferred to NVC on July 21 and on July 23 they assigned the case number. On July 30 our case was ready. It was awesome to be with my fiance when I got the news it was ready! And even more awesome is that she scheduled her interview and I WILL be able to go with her before I go back to the U.S.! I'm beyond happy and the 6 months of waiting just makes it sweeter.

You have to call NVC and ask them if the case is PHYSICALLY in the embassy. As I understood, it might say everywhere READY, but in fact they have only electronic copy of it and there will be NO interview if they don't have physical documents ready for you. And as I was contacting embassy in Moscow (which I think is not that different by rules from Ukranian) There will be NO interview without letter from the embassy. NO letter NO interview! Doesn't matter if you scheduled and had medical done and everything else...

Right now she had her medical done, this police report will be ready on Monday and we are waiting for this letter from embassy... :( Even thought that our case has status READY for more than a week and I did this DHL check, if I did it correct then our case should be there. I call to NVC and they say: No! case is not ready yet, it is still IN TRANSIT.

Check with embassy in Ukraine before you show up on interview. And also in Russia you cannon be present during your fiance/ee interview. IDK if the rules are the same in Ukraine.

Good luck!

Service center: Vermont

2012-12-03 - I-129F Sent

2012-12-10 - NOA1 Received

2012-12-06 - (NOA1 Receipt Date)

2013-05-29 - NOA Sent from VT

2013-06-03 - NOA Received: Case transferred to Texas Service Center

2013-06-21 - NOA2 Approved

2013-06-27 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received

2013-07-16 - Approved case shipped to DOS

2013-07-19 - Medical In Moscow Completed

2013-07-19 - Case Number Assigned

2013-07-22 - Case In transit to Consular Section

2013-07-24 - Case is Ready for Interview

2013-08-06 - Letter of Invitation via email

2013-08-12 - Interview. APPROVED!

2013-08-19 - Visa Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.