Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

I-130 Husband in the Air Force (Filipina)

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone. I'm new hear, and i have a lot of questions. My husband and I (I'm a Filipino National) got married last February, he is in the Air Force. We are planning to submit the I-130 this coming July.

My fist question is, can we abbriviate the country or state so it would fit in the a lotted spaces?

The remaining questions I have are all about the supporting documents.

MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE - I know this is a MUST. But we only have a CERTIFICATE of ACCEPTANCE. we got married here in Japan and we are both Foreign Nationals so that is all what we have. Would it be enough?

We don't have any documents showing joint ownership or property. We also don't have any document showing co-mingling of financial resources. And we don't have children yet.

As for LEASE showing JOINT TENANCY, we live on base so all we could get is a ###### of paper for the Housing Office on base that has his name and my name. would that be enough?

As to Wedding Pictures we don't have any as to we haven't had our wedding ceremony.

Here are the list of the documents we have, any documents that you think we should add to it would really help us.

  1. G-1145
  2. I-130
  3. Our G-325A
  4. Certificate of Acceptance of Marriage Registration (with translation)
  5. Application and Authorization to Start, Stop, or Change BAQ or Dependency Redetermination (This is the document that states that we were assigned a house on base)
  6. Command Sponsorship Letter
  7. My husband's PCS
  8. His Birth Certificate
  9. A copy of his Passport
  10. Sworn Affidavit of Third Party who knows about the Marriage

We are still working on some more documents to submit with the I-130.

Edited by hampton27

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

The point of is the person signing the affidavit should know you're in a honest real relationship, not just know you got married. Remember it is the lowest form of evidence, and you're not required to send any (certainly not the magical number of 2... lol) Granted we sent 2, one from my mother who is a minister who married us, and one from his best friend who we spend most of our time around in Colorado, BUT we were holding emails and skype records in reserve if we received an RFE, which is not a recommended route.

Send photos, proof you guys live together (mail sent to same address for example), get him to put you on his bank account, etc... If he has USAA it's a really easy process as my husband did it with me. If you have facebook you can include some chats from there or emails if you have sent any to each other. Anything that shows you have a relationship. :)

You need either a photocopy of his birth certificate or his entire passport - not both. Whatever shows he is a USC (I would do the birth certificate as it's less pages to photocopy!)

You need a passport type photo of both of you

One G-325A for each of you

Best of luck!

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.