Robocox

Military Refund

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I have heard something about getting a refund for all of the stuff you paid while getting a VISA.

I met my wife in Germany, and PCSd to TEXAS, paid all the fees to include the filing fee and stuff like that, and i keep hearing that I can get that money back, is that true?

Filed: Other Timeline

LOL....that's a no brainer, why would the service returns the money

or even the Army, they have employees to pay, ivestigators to be paid

and the list goes on...as to the Army they need money right now. Did U

enter the Army upon arriving ?....someone is pulling your leg.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

(its not me who is immigrating) I did this for my wife, who was German, the CONSULATE in Frankfurt told myself and her that we can get reimbursed by the military for the fees to bring my wife with me when I PCS from Germany, and they said the same thing to a friend of hers, so regardless of their money issues, if they have not stopped that, then they will still reimburse me, hence the reason I am here checking.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Yeah I heard this as well from two SSG's in my platoon, after the process was finished they went to S-1 and the S-1 turned everything into finance and they got reimbursed..... I would go to my S-1 if I were you but they may not know what to do....however, it is their job to figure it out for you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

I heard the same thing, that the army will reimburse you for the fees as long as you have all the necessary documents and paperwork ready. It'd help to go to S1 to ask, and if not ask to speak to someone who does. We're definitely gonna do this once it's over -- that's quite an amount!

Yes, we also heard the same thing. That if you are OCONUS and deal with immigration related things that you can get it reimbursed as it is part of the expense of pcsing back to CONUS with a foreign wife.

See my timeline for my expedited I-130 application due to military pcs

n-400

Expedited naturalization (under s 319(b) INA) due to military pcs

n-400 sent: 2013-02-02

NOA1: 2013-02-15

Biometrics date rec: 2013-02-15

Biometrics date: 2013-03-07 (EB walk in 2013-02-20)

Second biometrics: 2013-03-19 (First set unclassifiable)

Inline for interview: 2013-03-21

Testing/interview date: 2013-03-27

Oath ceremony: 2013-03-27

Moving to Germany! 2013-04-13

I'm A United States Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.