BeanCamp

Visa still not issued- no response from Kingston Embassy

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I am so over this! I have emailed the immigrant unit twice (once last Tuesday and again this past Tueaday). Our interview was over 3 weeks ago. Still no word! I have heard people say they have received responses via email. What can I do? I'm so tired of this anxiety of waiting and not hearing or knowing anything. I'm literally here in tears because of how frustrated I feel. DOS is closed right now.

If something was wrong could DOS tell me? Like if anything is missing? After our interview we emailed the IV unit the DHL confirmation page.

I'm really over all of this! I'm tired of this BS and games with this embassy. They are quick to collect fees but slow to service. All I have asked very politely is what the status is. Why would they not respond to my emails. They are responding to other VJers who are sharing their experiences. I'm just in a totally ####### mode. I can't believe there is no one or nothing.

Edited by BeanCamp

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Be patient my friend. The DOS will reopen to phone calls after 1pm so keep trying ok.

i know about the waiting game. just read my profile and you will see.

Timeline

Be patient my friend. The DOS will reopen to phone calls after 1pm so keep trying ok.

i know about the waiting game. just read my profile and you will see.

Thank you. I called DOS and they confirmed were able to confirm for me that nothing in the system is indicating anything is missing. They stated the consular officer needs to enter a decision. I give me a bit of reassurance that we are just waiting for the final decision to be entered. I don't want to have to get a response to say need more info and then have to wait longer.

did they put you in AP?

we are not in additional processing, just administrative processing. DOS explained it is the standard processing.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

AP means administrative processing. it could take anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months depending on what is happening. we were in AP one time for over 5 months, not to scare you but email them until you get a response.

everything will be fine, everything is in Gods hands!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My husband interview was march 25th 2013, they give him a ppr for joint sponser he brought it in on april 2nd and he didnt recieved his visa until may 9th,after tuns of emails and DOS,when they print his visa they didnt even send it to DHL they call him the same day it was print and ask him if he wnt to come n pick it up at the embassy!! They lady was even making fun at him saying that his wife send like ten different emails per day, which i am guilty as charge bcz i did email and call DOS.u jst have to keep on praying and emailing bcz they do check emails every day.

Timeline

My husband interview was march 25th 2013, they give him a ppr for joint sponser he brought it in on april 2nd and he didnt recieved his visa until may 9th,after tuns of emails and DOS,when they print his visa they didnt even send it to DHL they call him the same day it was print and ask him if he wnt to come n pick it up at the embassy!! They lady was even making fun at him saying that his wife send like ten different emails per day, which i am guilty as charge bcz i did email and call DOS.u jst have to keep on praying and emailing bcz they do check emails every day.

Oh gosh. I thought I read not to email them too much because it can delay things further. I just wish they would respond.

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Oh gosh. I thought I read not to email them too much because it can delay things further. I just wish they would respond.

Hey Beancamp, I wanted to know how long did you end up waiting to receive your visa in hand? Trying to see if 4-6 weeks is the new average wait. :-/

~~~ K-1 Process ~~~

NOA1: 1/29/13
Transferred to TSC; 6/21/13
NOA2: 7/6/13 (per Tier2-IO, no letter or email yet)
Received email confirming NOA2: 7/25/13
Sent to NVC: 7/26/13
Received by NVC: 7/29/13
Sent to Consulate: 7/30/2013
Case Number Received: 8/1/13
Packet 3: Never Received
Packet 4: 8/5/13
Interview: 9/5/13 *Approved
CEAC Status 9/6/13: Visa Status changed from 'IV Ready' to 'NIV Ready'
CEAC Status 9/10/13: Visa Status changed to Administrative Processing
CEAC Status 9/12/13: Visa Status changed to Issued
VISA in Hand!!!: 9/17/13
POE: 9/26/13

~~~ AOS ~~~

Sent in AOS with EAD/AP applications: 1/26/14

NOA1 for EAD/AP: 2/5/14

NOA1 for AOS: 2/7/14

Walked in for 3/6 Biometrics appointment: 2/27/14

EAD/AP combo Card Approved: 4/8/14

EAD/AP combo Card Received: 4/16/14??

Interview: ??

2 Year GC Approved: ??

2 Year GC Received: ??

"RESEARCH/READ MORE, post Less."

Timeline

Hey Beancamp, I wanted to know how long did you end up waiting to receive your visa in hand? Trying to see if 4-6 weeks is the new average wait. :-/

Still waiting. I hope to hear visa issued any day now. Last week a congressional inquiry was sent off and on Friday when I called DOS I was told our case was switched from immigrant to non-immigrant status and to call back if visa not received in two weeks. I have no idea why the lengthy AP. We had no missing documents, income way over Proverty guidelines, and no criminal history between the two. Hang in there use the time to prepare for the next step.

Edited by BeanCamp

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.