ah20122013

cr1 visa interview amman jordan

30 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hi everyone ..

I had my cr1visa interview at the us embassy in amman jordan on june 2013 ..

Here is my full story ..

My interview time was at 7:30 am . So i attended there at 7:00 am exactly .

There was more than 15 person coming for the immigrant interview so after they send us thru the check points they sent all of us to the waiting area .

After one hour waiting they start calling us one by one to another room to submit the passport and the originals that every one broght to his/her interview ..

I had all the originals with me .. finally they called me name to the other room to submit the passport and the originals and it was an arabic girl .. i gave her every originals i had brought along with my passport and she asked me for my phone number and then she just asked me if i had been to america before which is for sure no i havn't been there in my life before . Then she just told me to go to the waiting area and the co gonna call my name for the interview ..

After one hour waiting .... the co finally called me to the interview .. i walked to the window with a smile . Then he said the first thing we gonna do is your fingerprints . Then we did but he never smiled at me .. then he asked me to raise my hand and swear that all the information in my applications are correct and true . Then i did ..

Then he started asking me and he had a lot of questions and i answered all of them correctly with no mistake which took almost 30 minutes for my interview .. then he turned his back and had ralked to another person inside ..

Then he told me to have a set and that they gonna call me again .. after 30 minutes waiting .. the co called me again and he pointed to a phone in the waiting area and told me to have a set next to the phone and once it ring i should answer cuz there is someone who want to talk to me ..

It was an arabic man who made a very long investigation with me and he wanted to know everything in my life plus he wanted to know everythong about my brothers sisters mom and dad .. then he told me to go back and have a set and they would call me again ..

After 30 minutes waiting .. the arabic man called me to the window . And he handed me my passport back with two small reciptes of aramex company stamped with it . And he game a white booklet of my rights in the states .. then he game me a wite slip marked with 221 (g) and and it was saying my visa case is pending mandatory addministrative processing . And gave me a green slip with a website where i can track my visa case status .. then he told me your applications are fully completed and your originals are fully completed and there was nothing missing . But your visa is needed additional administrative procesding and it might take from one day to one year maximum . And he told me we gonna send all the information we took from you to the states and depends on them when they gonna look your information up . And he told me you have to wait for the last approval from the states and they will update it online so first you get an update online aend us your passport back with one of aramex reciptes for the visa processing .

I just tracked my visa case status at the day of my interview then it was updated to administrative processing with an explaination says .

Your visa case is undergoing necessary administrative processing . This processing may take several weeks . If further information is needed you will be contacted . If your visa application approved . It will be processed and maled within two buisness days ..

I had brought a lot of evidences to the interview which the co never asked to see any of them ..

So any one had the same situation please .. i really need help cuz me and my wife are a half dead noe cuz we had waited one year untill the interview date just to be togagher .. please guys let me know is sone had the same case with me and how long it will take untill the ap is over ..

Thank you so much in advance ..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I'm so sorry you had this experience - our interview is in two days - I am praying all goes well with your case an your AP is not long .

As for us I am putting all my faith in god - he knows our hearts - this is my 5th trip to Amman since we met in September 2011 -

Allah Kareem - inshallah Khair for all of us -

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Fiji
Timeline

Hi everyone ..

I had my cr1visa interview at the us embassy in amman jordan on june 2013 ..

Here is my full story ..

My interview time was at 7:30 am . So i attended there at 7:00 am exactly .

There was more than 15 person coming for the immigrant interview so after they send us thru the check points they sent all of us to the waiting area .

After one hour waiting they start calling us one by one to another room to submit the passport and the originals that every one broght to his/her interview ..

I had all the originals with me .. finally they called me name to the other room to submit the passport and the originals and it was an arabic girl .. i gave her every originals i had brought along with my passport and she asked me for my phone number and then she just asked me if i had been to america before which is for sure no i havn't been there in my life before . Then she just told me to go to the waiting area and the co gonna call my name for the interview ..

After one hour waiting .... the co finally called me to the interview .. i walked to the window with a smile . Then he said the first thing we gonna do is your fingerprints . Then we did but he never smiled at me .. then he asked me to raise my hand and swear that all the information in my applications are correct and true . Then i did ..

Then he started asking me and he had a lot of questions and i answered all of them correctly with no mistake which took almost 30 minutes for my interview .. then he turned his back and had ralked to another person inside ..

Then he told me to have a set and that they gonna call me again .. after 30 minutes waiting .. the co called me again and he pointed to a phone in the waiting area and told me to have a set next to the phone and once it ring i should answer cuz there is someone who want to talk to me ..

It was an arabic man who made a very long investigation with me and he wanted to know everything in my life plus he wanted to know everythong about my brothers sisters mom and dad .. then he told me to go back and have a set and they would call me again ..

After 30 minutes waiting .. the arabic man called me to the window . And he handed me my passport back with two small reciptes of aramex company stamped with it . And he game a white booklet of my rights in the states .. then he game me a wite slip marked with 221 (g) and and it was saying my visa case is pending mandatory addministrative processing . And gave me a green slip with a website where i can track my visa case status .. then he told me your applications are fully completed and your originals are fully completed and there was nothing missing . But your visa is needed additional administrative procesding and it might take from one day to one year maximum . And he told me we gonna send all the information we took from you to the states and depends on them when they gonna look your information up . And he told me you have to wait for the last approval from the states and they will update it online so first you get an update online aend us your passport back with one of aramex reciptes for the visa processing .

I just tracked my visa case status at the day of my interview then it was updated to administrative processing with an explaination says .

Your visa case is undergoing necessary administrative processing . This processing may take several weeks . If further information is needed you will be contacted . If your visa application approved . It will be processed and maled within two buisness days ..

I had brought a lot of evidences to the interview which the co never asked to see any of them ..

So any one had the same situation please .. i really need help cuz me and my wife are a half dead noe cuz we had waited one year untill the interview date just to be togagher .. please guys let me know is sone had the same case with me and how long it will take untill the ap is over ..

Thank you so much in advance ..

you should have been prepared to go into mandatory ap

there are several threads dedicated to this

the truth is that yes one day to one year is typical and there is no way to influence that time frame

when it is over, you will need to make sure that your police cert and medicals are still valid (expirations dates vary from country to country)

I am not trying to sound heartless, but ap is a fact for all applicants coming from mena countries. the time for women in ap is generally less than men, but that is not a guarantee

you are best served locating candidates that interviewed in the same embassy and attempt to contact them with their experience.

ap will take place in one and/or two places.. one local (embassy) one international (Washington)

it is unfortunately mandatory

8/16/2012 I-129F NOA1
11/8/2012 Married
1/3/2013 I-129F cancelled
1/29/2013 withdrawal notice received
2/5/2013 I-130 NOA1 with error on wife's name
Case status not available
2/5/2013 Unable to generate service request

3/13/2013 transferred to local office
3/26/2013 Service request generated
4/12/2013 Infopass, file in workflow March 28
4/19/2013 Case status available - APPROVED!

Detour to the NVC via NRC

For information on my detour and the steps I took to free my petition, check
"about me"

NVC

6/7/2013 NVC logs file as received

6/11/2013 Case number and IIN assigned

6/12/2013 DS-3032 emailed

6/13/21013 AOS paid

6/14/2013 DS-3032 emailed attention superuser (stupid me)

6/23/2013 DS-3032 emailed attention supervisor

6/24/2013 DS-3032 accepted

6/25/2013 IV bill generated and paid

07/06/2013 IV & AOS sent; 07/11/2013 NVC logs received

07/30/2013 IV Accepted; AOS Checklist

08/01/2013 AOS Checklist received

08/02/2013 AOS resent; 08/07/2013 NVC logs received

08/28/2013 Case Complete

09/10/2013 Interview date assigned

Embassy

08/14/2013 Medical; 08/19/2013 Medical Ready

08/07/2013 Police cert ordered (Fiji delivers straight to the embassy)

10/02/2013 Interview

xx/xx/2013 Visa in Hand

xx/xx/2013 POE Los Angeles International Airport

No one knows how long your AP will take I'm sorry. I hope it goes quickly for you

*** moved from process & procedure to progress reports ***

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Fiji
Timeline

If you look at recent amman approvals you will see Kristina and hamza were approved on a K1 may 15th with no AP.

it's all in gods hands ....

I wouldn't go that far unless you contacted them directly

ap is manadatory

their ap could just have been for a day

it's in the co's hands now

8/16/2012 I-129F NOA1
11/8/2012 Married
1/3/2013 I-129F cancelled
1/29/2013 withdrawal notice received
2/5/2013 I-130 NOA1 with error on wife's name
Case status not available
2/5/2013 Unable to generate service request

3/13/2013 transferred to local office
3/26/2013 Service request generated
4/12/2013 Infopass, file in workflow March 28
4/19/2013 Case status available - APPROVED!

Detour to the NVC via NRC

For information on my detour and the steps I took to free my petition, check
"about me"

NVC

6/7/2013 NVC logs file as received

6/11/2013 Case number and IIN assigned

6/12/2013 DS-3032 emailed

6/13/21013 AOS paid

6/14/2013 DS-3032 emailed attention superuser (stupid me)

6/23/2013 DS-3032 emailed attention supervisor

6/24/2013 DS-3032 accepted

6/25/2013 IV bill generated and paid

07/06/2013 IV & AOS sent; 07/11/2013 NVC logs received

07/30/2013 IV Accepted; AOS Checklist

08/01/2013 AOS Checklist received

08/02/2013 AOS resent; 08/07/2013 NVC logs received

08/28/2013 Case Complete

09/10/2013 Interview date assigned

Embassy

08/14/2013 Medical; 08/19/2013 Medical Ready

08/07/2013 Police cert ordered (Fiji delivers straight to the embassy)

10/02/2013 Interview

xx/xx/2013 Visa in Hand

xx/xx/2013 POE Los Angeles International Airport

Filed: Country: Syria
Timeline

I'm so sorry I know how u feel inshallah everything will work out

Now I'm scared everyone one told me it was easy in Jordan I'm still waiting for case close I was hoping to get in interview in July how long did it take to make a the first interview

Timeline

Hi there jlsbmf .. yeah sure i will keep you both in my prayers and hope your interview will be going fine and yeah hsmza is mt best friend and i was the onr who helped him so much to get his papers done and yeah he was approved on may 15th and hes there in the states now and they both so happy and glad for tgem both .. and thanks for the reply and for the positive words .. keep us updated as i will keep you all updated when my ap is over ..

Timeline

Stevie ..

Yeah your right i didnt know that unless i got the ap and am new on this sire or i would do so .

I saw that yeah and hamza is my best friends and good luck for them both . And my poluce certificate and medical examination are valid for one year and hope my ap will over soon and you have to keep me in your prayers please ..

But i have a question for you ..

They gave me the aramex reciptes and the white booklet of my right in the states . Does it make any sense or it would be issued to anyone whos going under ap too ? Feed me back please .. thank you in advance

Timeline

Niki .

Thank you so much and hope everything will be going fine for those who are in the same situation with me .. hope it will over soon ..

Imu ..

Thank you again and keeping you and your husband in my duaa and he will do fine insha'allah

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I wouldn't go that far unless you contacted them directly

ap is manadatory

their ap could just have been for a day

it's in the co's hands now

not true at all, I know several in amman that did not have AP. Their passports were kept at the interview, and sent back within days with the visa. I get a kick out of people who comment about an embassy or country they know nothing about

Edited by mimolicious

Timeline

Stevie ..

Yeah your right i didnt know that unless i got the ap and am new on this sire or i would do so .

I saw that yeah and hamza is my best friends and good luck for them both . And my poluce certificate and medical examination are valid for one year and hope my ap will over soon and you have to keep me in your prayers please ..

They gave me the aramex reciptes and the white booklet of my right in the states . Does it make any sense or it would be issued to anyone whos going under ap too ? Feed me back please .. thank you in advance

my husband had AP in Amman for 9 weeks, exactly like your case. There is no telling how long you will be in AP, there is nothing you can do to expedite it, unfortunately all you can do is keep checking the AP site, and wait. Hopefully it will be over soon.

And no matter what anyone says, AP is NOT mandatory for everyone in Amman, a very good friend of mine, her husband interviewed the same day my husband did, they got no AP and he had his visa in hand 2 days after their interview. Most likely you had a name hit and they are doing more in depth security checks.

Timeline

Stevie ..

the medical is only good for 6 months in Amman, not a year.

I'm so sorry I know how u feel inshallah everything will work out

Now I'm scared everyone one told me it was easy in Jordan I'm still waiting for case close I was hoping to get in interview in July how long did it take to make a the first interview

your interview will be a minimum of 4-6 weeks after case complete in Amman. You will not get a July interview at this point

Filed: Country: Syria
Timeline

the medical is only good for 6 months in Amman, not a year.

your interview will be a minimum of 4-6 weeks after case complete in Amman. You will not get a July interview at this point

I'm still at the NVC but I had hope for July it's gone pray for me !! I'm hoping August is my month

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.