JBForever

What does this mean ???

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

This morning, my fiancee checked our case at the uscis website and found this status:

INITIAL REVIEW

On June 15, 2013, your address was changed relating to the I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) that you filed. Please check our website at www.uscis.gov for further updates on your case. Please wait until the end of normal processing time before calling customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for live assistance.

Can someone please let me know what it means? We didnt request any change of address and have been waiting since July 26 2012 when NOA1 was received. I hope this is some good news soon.

Timeline

I think you'll be receiving some news soon!! They've 'touched' your petition. Someone may be working on it as we speak. Check again tomorrow or the next day!! Good luck!!

Timeline

I think you'll be receiving some news soon!! They've 'touched' your petition. Someone may be working on it as we speak. Check again tomorrow or the next day!! Good luck!!

God i hope so,,,we are almost a year into waiting and i hope it is a positive thing soon. Thanks for your message of hope:) rose.gif

we did get the same status in USCIS website an hour or two before we got approved. :) I think this is your time!!!

Met in person : 2009-02-24
Second visit : 2010-03-12
Married : 2012-07-17
I-130 Sent : 2013-01-23
I-130 NOA1 : 2013-01-28
NOA2 : 2013-05-16

NVC Received : 2013-06-10
Pay AOS Bill : 2013-06-25
Return I 864: 2013-06-26
Return DS 3032: 2013-07-01

Genesis 2:22-24
Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man. The man said, "This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called 'woman, ' for she was taken out of man." For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.

Timeline

I smell an approval (finally!). star_smile.gif

i checked today and still nothing Tahoma :( i hope it would be approved soon....crying.gifcrying.gifcrying.gifcrying.gif

the suspense is killing us....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Your noa1 was July last year?!?

Call them. That's a long time. It may have been someone got their files crossed or something if you still haven't seen anything...or give it til the end of the week and then call if nothing has happened.

They work on their own time. It sucks but, it's the way it is.

May 29, 2013 - Finally!!! I-129F and associated forms delivered!

June 3, 2013 - NOA1!

August 19, 2013 - NOA2! (email)

October 10, 2013 - NVC has our case, Vancouver number assigned

***Communications with Vancouver begging to put my case on hold a while due to house not selling!!!***

February 18, 2014 - Packet 3 Submitted

February 20, 2014 - Packet 4!!

May 5, 2014 - Medical

May 7, 2014 - Consulate Interview

May 13, 2014 - K1 visa in hand!!!

July 2, 2014 - POE (Sweetgrass)<p>

July 23, 2014 - apply for EI (mother of god that was confusing...)<p>

August 11, 2014 - finally get hitched!

September 16, 2014 - send off AOS/AP/EAD

Timeline

Your noa1 was July last year?!?

Call them. That's a long time. It may have been someone got their files crossed or something if you still haven't seen anything...or give it til the end of the week and then call if nothing has happened.

They work on their own time. It sucks but, it's the way it is.

thanks pro-star for your concern. We contacted the 2 senators, 1 congresswoman, the uscis ombudsman, did an infopass req, made an E-request online, called the uscis service center numerous times...everything but the kitchen sink....and now is the only time we saw a change to our status online. It's not even a change of the initial review. it is just a touch as some members commented. I sure hope Tahoma and the rest of the other members are right that this means we are soon to receive our approval as it is ridiculously ABOUT TIME!!! (with a heavy sarcastic tone there lol)

I will definitely let you guys know how all this would turn out.

i am antsy coz i heard the NVC is getting a lot of files from uscis and getting these processed in a month instead of the usual 1 to 2 weeks. Oh boy!ClockWatch2.gifClockWatch2.gifClockWatch2.gifClockWatch2.gif

When will it end....Here is hoping for better days. Thanks all for the kind messages:)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Big hugs. This truly is a waiting game more than anything else.

May 29, 2013 - Finally!!! I-129F and associated forms delivered!

June 3, 2013 - NOA1!

August 19, 2013 - NOA2! (email)

October 10, 2013 - NVC has our case, Vancouver number assigned

***Communications with Vancouver begging to put my case on hold a while due to house not selling!!!***

February 18, 2014 - Packet 3 Submitted

February 20, 2014 - Packet 4!!

May 5, 2014 - Medical

May 7, 2014 - Consulate Interview

May 13, 2014 - K1 visa in hand!!!

July 2, 2014 - POE (Sweetgrass)<p>

July 23, 2014 - apply for EI (mother of god that was confusing...)<p>

August 11, 2014 - finally get hitched!

September 16, 2014 - send off AOS/AP/EAD

This is great news JB, I'm so happy for you. Simply because any news is good news after waiting almost a year for your NOA2.

I was going to suggest one more route, and that is to try to set up an appointment with your local regional office (not sure where that is), as guys going through the VSC transfer fiasco were telling me that they were getting more useful info specific to their file from their local office than via an infopass with the service center. But now that they touched your profile, maybe it's not necessary.

Either way, good luck! Keep us posted. :)

Edited by Leon & Mylen

barata-gif-3.gif

thanks pro-star for your concern. We contacted the 2 senators, 1 congresswoman, the uscis ombudsman, did an infopass req, made an E-request online, called the uscis service center numerous times...everything but the kitchen sink....and now is the only time we saw a change to our status online. It's not even a change of the initial review. it is just a touch as some members commented. I sure hope Tahoma and the rest of the other members are right that this means we are soon to receive our approval as it is ridiculously ABOUT TIME!!! (with a heavy sarcastic tone there lol)

I will definitely let you guys know how all this would turn out.

i am antsy coz i heard the NVC is getting a lot of files from uscis and getting these processed in a month instead of the usual 1 to 2 weeks. Oh boy!ClockWatch2.gifClockWatch2.gifClockWatch2.gifClockWatch2.gif

When will it end....Here is hoping for better days. Thanks all for the kind messages:)

Yeah all the July-January filers that got approved in April and May were bottlenecked through the NVC at the same time, so it makes sense that things would slow down there as a result. Looks like it will continue too from all the TSC approvals this month. I also hear that it is harder to find appointment times for Manila consulate interviews.

barata-gif-3.gif

Timeline

oh dear, thanks Leon. I hope it gets processed soon....i mean it is just so long already....my fiance called uscis today and they just said they'd call him back and they also acknowledged there was no req of change of address nor has my fiance moved at all. i hope they get this thing all figured out before weekend comes....i thought it usually would take them a day to cough out approval/RFE but this was touched 17th and still nothing....wow!ranting33va.gifranting33va.gifranting33va.gifranting33va.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Got the same message

On June 17, 2013, your address was changed relating to the I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) that you filed. Please check our website at www.uscis.gov for further updates on your case. Please wait until the end of normal processing time before calling customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for live assistance.

We did not change any address, still waiting. Who knows what does this message mean?

Timeline

they say it means it was touched and possibly, we are looking at an approval. but it cant be soon enough for us...we have been waiting officially 11 mos for this noa2ranting33va.gifranting33va.gifranting33va.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.