449 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Hi there. So I called the dos to ask about the latest update on ceac. They told me that they received the approval from dos. The rep said the update we see is a dos approval. She didn't know what exactly it meant. She did tell me that I would need to contact the embassy in El Salvador to inquire about it. She told me that she doesn't understand why it's taken them so long to issue a visa. She did say it might be an approval to assemble his package. I really hope so. I'm back to square one as I don't know what that means. She stated that everything is good to go. He isn't in ap which is good. Anyone with any other info?

so, you are no longer in AP? what does your CEAC update say? does it still stay AP? just curious. thanks!

Filed: Other Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Not in ap it says "Refused". Has always said refused. The dos said you are in administrative review just waiting for the consular officer to process your visa. But not ap. I'm thinking it might still be ap but just the one that is for waiting for the docs.

Winky,

How cool that there is an update. Did you call dos?

Timeline

Hello,

My case is updated to todays date 24th of Sept...it is been 2 month in AP and I have been emailing and calling to check on its status well here is the latest...

I have recieved an email from the embassy (after I email them asking for my case) saying I have to submit a form I-601 and my case will just be in stand by untill I do what they request...Was I not to get this at the moment I had my interview? Why didn't they inform of this before? Please hear my words even if you called DOS, emailed the embassy and your case shows AP and the date is being updated it does not mean they are working on it....I've been told that my case is on hold and it is been like that since the day of my interview ( June 27th 2013) I have checked this case on line and was under the impression that they were working on it because it showed AP and the date was being updated....everytime I called the embassy ( last time was on the 23rd of Sep) they always gave me the same answer,,,..just wait they are working on it....so I really do not know who to believe....One thing is for sure and this is I will submit this form and just play it safe....Good luck to you all on your case and just don't believe everything they tell you........MY GOD IS FIGHTING MY BATTLE AND I WILL DEFEAT THE ENEMY!!

Edited by loroko01

@loroko01, of course if we email the embassy or call DOS, they are not literary working on the case. So, if the embassy say you need to file the waiver, then do so. I wonder why they haven't told you this on the day of your interview?

@samberb0408, I haven't called DOS yet due to my hectic schedule. Plus, I had another case update from CEAC today. What it means when they update two days in a row?

Edited by Winky

For those who wishes to see my timeline, I will fix it somewhere in the future.

@ loroko01

Did you email them back to confirm that what you needed was a waiver?

I email embassy to know status of our case i know the update doesnt mean they are working on just that the emailed back.

Winky

2 updates in a row thats good you should call or email to inquire hopefully its good news.

Timeline

No more updates for my hubby since Friday :( that's good that your hubby's getting case updates in a row. That's a good sign. Smooth likely he is getting his visa worked on.

Timeline

I will do the form I-601 but was I not supposed to get this on the day I had my interview? I wonder why it took them almost 3 months to ask for this...I am telling you what the CO gave me was just a gree sheet and he even said the sooner you sent this the sooner we resolve this.

Does any one have any idea how long this might take, I have a terrible feeling that this will take more than 6 months just to get approved if it gest approved and then they send this to the Embassy where this guys will just take their time and I will have to start all over again with getting recent documents and of course spend more money on medical test.....what a waste of time and money!!....Why didn't this CO ask for me to fill this form after he interviewed me...Why??

I will do the form I-601 but was I not supposed to get this on the day I had my interview? I wonder why it took them almost 3 months to ask for this...I am telling you what the CO gave me was just a gree sheet and he even said the sooner you sent this the sooner we resolve this.

Does any one have any idea how long this might take, I have a terrible feeling that this will take more than 6 months just to get approved if it gest approved and then they send this to the Embassy where this guys will just take their time and I will have to start all over again with getting recent documents and of course spend more money on medical test.....what a waste of time and money!!....Why didn't this CO ask for me to fill this form after he interviewed me...Why??

Email them back but if they say you need this form get a lawyer cuz its not just about submitting it you have to write a letter depending on what the problem is i think yours was on fraud or misrepresentation not sure about this but its better to find out so you don't waste your time and have it be denied the i-601 is for different things you need to know exactly why so you can better address the waiver. I don't know why CO didnt tell you at the interview i know they always tell you on that day cuz they should already know if you need a waiver. I think you should keep emailing until they respond back and get a lawyer to better assist you on preparing the waiver.

Timeline

Yes loroko you need to get an attorney. My husband required two waivers and thankfully our attorney did a good job. Without him I don't know if I would have done a good job getting the package together. Our waivers were organized package of about 200 pages including letters of recommendations, pictures, my hardships, etc. so it's a pretty big task to take up. I've heard of families that have done it without an attorney

Hello people. Lately there has been constant updates on CEAC (without inquiring) with the dates of September 23, 24 and 25. It still shows AP though. :/

Edited by Winky

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Hello people. Lately there has been constant updates on CEAC (without inquiring) with the dates of September 23, 24 and 25. It still shows AP though. :/

Have you called DOS? do you know why? either way, it sounds promising :)

Today makes 6 weeks since my fiancé's interview... really praying to hear something in the next 2 weeks...

Timeline

Hey winky those are grewt news. Have you called dos? I feel visa is coming soon. What's your timeline so we can get a better idea of where we stand

Hi i emailed the embassy again this is what they responded don't know what to think of it

We acknowledge receipt of your letter.

Your letter has been forwarded to the Immigrant Visa Unit for review.

As soon as the case is reviewed by a consular officer, we will contact you.

Thank you for the information.

Hi i emailed the embassy again this is what they responded don't know what to think of it

We acknowledge receipt of your letter.

Your letter has been forwarded to the Immigrant Visa Unit for review.

As soon as the case is reviewed by a consular officer, we will contact you.

Thank you for the information.

When did you send them an email? I'm not sure what it means. It says like the consul is reviewing your case.

I called Department of State today and the operator told me my husband need to take his medical exam again. I was like WHAT?! So I told her that he took it at the end of April but she said he needs to take it. I got sad and hang up. I emailed the embassy as soon as I did this. I wonder if this an error. I wanted to call my husband but I don't have money to buy a freaking calling card. What the hell is going on?

Edited by Winky

I emailed yesterday they responded this morning thats what i understood too i guess they are still reviewing his case.

Winky

a new medical i thought they were good for 6 months good that you emailed them bu tomorrow they should reply

back. Im sorry you can't call him i have international calling on my plan just in case of emergency i can call but i know its hard i have been unemployed barely making ends meet but i just got a job i start in a week

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.