449 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Hi myxxx I emailed congensansal today. They answered within 6 hours. Very fast huh. Which gives me a good feeling. They answered the same as previous email. But ceac dud update today. I'm feeling good. Fast response and ceac update is better than days without knowing anything and no ceac update. I thank God for any little bit if light.

When you email, what do you ask? do you think it makes your case go any faster? I have read that if you contact them, sometimes it can delay your case.... do you think this is true?

Filed: Other Country: El Salvador
Timeline

I email congresal a couple of days ago and got a very fast replay with the following info:(I hope you know Spanish)

Por este medio acusamos recibo de su carta referente a su petición devisa de inmigrante. Hemos revisado su caso y notamos que usted fué encontrado ineligiblebajo las Seccion 212(a)(6)(C)(i) del Acta de Inmigración y Nacionalidad(INA) de los Estados Unidos. Debido a ello usted necesita llenar una solicitud de perdón "Applicationfor Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility" (Form I-601) en la oficina deUSCIS. 

I sent another e-mail stating that what the CO gave me was a 221g and all of what they asked for I already sent...this email I sent on the 11th of Sept and have not recieved any replay...

I am telling you some people do not know what they are talking about!.

Edited by loroko01

I email congresal a couple of days ago and got a very fast replay with the following info:(I hope you know Spanish)

Por este medio acusamos recibo de su carta referente a su petición de
visa de inmigrante.

Hemos revisado su caso y notamos que usted fué encontrado ineligible
bajo las Seccion 212(a)(6)(C)(i) del Acta de Inmigración y Nacionalidad
(INA) de los Estados Unidos.

Debido a ello usted necesita llenar una solicitud de perdón "Application
for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility" (Form I-601) en la oficina de
USCIS.
I sent another e-mail stating that what the CO gave me was a 221g and all of what they asked for I already sent...this email I sent on the 11th of Sept and have not recieved any replay...

I am telling you some people do not know what they are talking about!.

So they are telling you that you need a waiver had you emailed them before this what was their response? You should email them back again

Timeline

But I thouht that 221g was my waiver it is all that the CO asked for and he even said to sent documents and wait stating that most cases are resolved with in 2 months..And yes I have emailed them back on the 11th and no replay yet.

Timeline

But I thouht that 221g was my waiver it is all that the CO asked for and he even said to sent documents and wait stating that most cases are resolved with in 2 months..And yes I have emailed them back on the 11th and no replay yet.

Loroko the 221g is not a waiver it is a form that explains to you the additional required docs and or waivers that need to be submitted to the the embassy or uscis. Have you ever been in the status before illegally? If the consular officer didn't mention to you anything about the i601 and i212 waiver then you need to investigate it further.

Timeline

Based on the 212(a)(6)©(i) section you are banned due to "fraud and or misrepresentation". It could very well be a mistake on their part. Lets hope it is.

Like samber0408 said 221g is a form explaning if you need additional documents or if you need a waiver do you have a copy of the 221g check to see what it says if it doesnt say waiver then keep emailing them till you get a response back.

My husband got 221g but it only says what additional documents they wanted nothing about a waiver.

Timeline

I do have a copy of my 221g and what the CO checked is policy certificate from USA and proof of me being here in El Salvador in the 90's, I sent them all 15 days after my interview. Today I called and all they said is that my case is on AP....I guess al I have to do is wait and pray to God.( I entered the USA back on 1984 when El Salvador was in war and stayed for 9 years it is been more than 10 yeras already)

I do have a copy of my 221g and what the CO checked is policy certificate from USA and proof of me being here in El Salvador in the 90's, I sent them all 15 days after my interview. Today I called and all they said is that my case is on AP....I guess al I have to do is wait and pray to God.( I entered the USA back on 1984 when El Salvador was in war and stayed for 9 years it is been more than 10 yeras already)

You called embassy or DOS ?ok so they didnt check waiver try emailing the embassy back see what they say the 9 yrs you were here to my understanding during that time no one was accruing unlawful presence until 97 but samberb0408 said its for misrepresentation. Hopefully its just a mistake

@ lokoro01, that email says you need to file a waiver. 221g is not a waiver. 221g is when the consulate temporary refuses or hold a visa application for a number of reasons.

Edited by Winky

For those who wishes to see my timeline, I will fix it somewhere in the future.

I was reading the recent posts so like Mxy22 said, try emailing the embassy. Sorry, I don't know much about waivers so please ignore me :P

For those who wishes to see my timeline, I will fix it somewhere in the future.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

wow- fast reply... sent an email this morning at 9am... got a reply(the typical 'you are in administrative processing' reply) by 1pm, and my status has been updated to September 19th (still administrative processing)...

Is this a good sign? I know they haven't done anything, it just means that they received my email... but it feels encouraging... :)

They have been replying back quick these days withi n a couple hours. They gave the same reply as always too. At least they are replying back

Hey! I was looking for topic like this. So I'm on the same boat. My wife had her interview on August 20th and they told her she needed to send more evidence of our marriage.(pictures and stuff like that). It sucks!!! I was so ready to get her flight ticket that same day!!! Any help!!!! O and our case is CR-1. Please get back to me anyone!!!

Hi al3jandro89

Did your wife send them the additional evidence already? You can try to email the embassy at congensansal@state.gov put your case# and ask whats going on in your case. My husband sent additional documents to them in june and they are still reviewing they say but evey case is different

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.