atenea26

DCF in Frankfurt (2013)

268 posts in this topic

Thanks for this ! The 1040 isnt signed,... so we have a Problem ! So my wife has to send me signed once from the States first,...

check out post # 44 and she sayed send everything in, guess they were to confused too, lol

to 1040, the form HAS to be signed by your wife or else they wont accept it, I filled my I-184 with a little help from deinetube idea9dv.gif , there was a person like from JAG, doing each question step by step ( u know the forum rules hire, cant write exactly what, so HE sayed make sure its signed)

maybe she can fax it to you or via e-mail? try it first like this but still has her send it to you in mail too, just in case they want to see her original signature.

there r 2 sides that's needs to be signed D-400 (62) and the Decline Participation in Audit Shield Program

I know the Tax.office keeps always signed 1040 form, ur wife/my husband never sign the once they get to keep , unfortunately they want it signed or its no good without her signature........

DCF-Frankfurt (IR-1)

17 APR, 2003 -> married, Germany

15 AUG, 2013 -> sent I-130 petition to Frankfurt a.M.

22 AUG, 2013 -> received letter with Receipt #

18 OCT, 2013 -> approved petition by USCIS Rome/Italy (letter received on the 28 OCT)

30 OCT, 2013 -> received case # from Immigrant Visa Branch via E-mail

30 OCT, 2013 -> completed DS-260 online

31 OCT, 2013 -> medical FRN & sent pack 3 in

05 NOV, 2013 -> Immigrant Visa Unit received pack 3

08 NOV, 2013 -> received interview app. via E-mail

14 NOV, 2013 -> Interview in FRN, Visa got APPROVED

16 NOV, 2013 -> received the Visa package, DHL courier

yes.gif let the new Journey begin yes.gif

19. FEB, 2014 -> POE in ATL

21. FEB, 2014 -> SS card issued (Baltimore MD)

26. FEB, 2014 -> received SSN (N.C.)

09. APR, 2014 -> received Green Card (N.C.)

Its really confusing,... but now i guess i will send the Infoletter tomorrow via Einschreiben , and the other documents then i have the signed 1040. And hopefully with Fast Delivery i will have them end this week...

Yes, i have had my medical on the 7.15.13 in FRA. This was the day then my wife was at the consulate for the petition and i was meanwhile by the Doc. At this time the medical was still valid for one year,... and now its look like i have to get a second one,... My wife and me have been in June at an Infoday from the FRA consulate in Hohenfels, and they told us its ok then i do it like this, even without an casenumber,... and there was no mention about they change all the rules only 3 months after.

I needed for the medical 3 pictures, perhaps they changed this,also,.. But the medical in FRA was ok. I was number 2 this day. A hour later i was finished... Blood,Urin,X-Ray from the chest, Eyetest, and the questions ... and the 140

yea we going to a visa briefing hire on the 25th, we will see

your visa still will be good if u fly on the 11.1.

ok do I have to see a/my doctor before I go to the medical in Frankfurt or not? My shot record is up to date.

DCF-Frankfurt (IR-1)

18 OCT, 2013 -> approved petition by USCIS Rome/Italy (letter received on the 28 OCT)

No u dont need to go to ur doc. The most important thing u have and this are the vaccination shots... Perhaps i would go to the doc then i have a illness for this i need special medicine, i would get an letter,... but even this information u have to give the medical doc anyway,...

My wife just called me before, and she told me ,that she E-Filed her 1040 and there is an E-Signature, like on the DS260, so she dont have to sign them... i will see the Deinetubespot later... im to tired now. This 1040 form i have looks like this decline participation in audit shield programms form.

Boah in 2h, i have to work,...

Edited by BAYDAHO

No u dont need to go to ur doc. The most important thing u have and this are the vaccination shots... Perhaps i would go to the doc then i have a illness for this i need special medicine, i would get an letter,... but even this information u have to give the medical doc anyway,...

My wife just called me before, and she told me ,that she E-Filed her 1040 and there is an E-Signature, like on the DS260, so she dont have to sign them... i will see the Deinetubespot later... im to tired now. This 1040 form i have looks like this decline participation in audit shield programms form.

Boah in 2h, i have to work,...

lol, to be honestly E-Signature or not I had my husband sign on each and every paper Im going to send there laughing.gif

hope you wont fall asleep at work

DCF-Frankfurt (IR-1)

Hy to @ , hy honeypie!

I have good news from the confusionfront ! I wrote the consulate today a email about my Problems, perhaps this is for other important, also. Ok,... we can send all the stuff (Letter and Documentpack) together to FRA. And then u make ur 1040 via e-file , u dont need a signature!

I will post u all the mail later here ! I can tdo it now because my iPad is to new, im a jerck...

So , now i will go to the postoffice and send the stuff via "Einschreiben" to the consulate ! BÄM...

Soo, ... this is what i wrote today at 12:00 noon:

"Dear Frankfurt Consulate,

if you don`t mind, I have two questions in my Visa Case:

1. Did i understand it right in your letter ,i get, from October 2nd 2013, that i have to send this

letter back to you first (with signature, my proposed travel date and a copy of my biographical

Passport Page) , and wait until i get more instructions from your office and send then

my main Documents (like Passport copie, Birth Certificate, Police Records, I-864, 1040 etc.)?

Or can I send all together in one pack ( The Letter and my Documents) now?

2. By my wifes Form 1040 , has she to signature this form ? Because she E-filed them and

signed the form with an E-Signature. So there is now on the 1040 no Signature.

Any help you can give me on this matter would be greatly appreciated !

Greetings,

XXX"

And this was the answer, only 1,5 hours later:

"Dear Mr. XXX,

1- You can also send everything at once.

2- The Signature is then not needed.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

Gießener Str. 30

60435 Frankfurt am Main"

I was very happy to get this answer so quick !!!

Edited by BAYDAHO

Soo, ... this is what i wrote today at 12:00 noon:

"Dear Frankfurt Consulate,

if you don`t mind, I have two questions in my Visa Case:

1. Did i understand it right in your letter ,i get, from October 2nd 2013, that i have to send this

letter back to you first (with signature, my proposed travel date and a copy of my biographical

Passport Page) , and wait until i get more instructions from your office and send then

my main Documents (like Passport copie, Birth Certificate, Police Records, I-864, 1040 etc.)?

Or can I send all together in one pack ( The Letter and my Documents) now?

2. By my wifes Form 1040 , has she to signature this form ? Because she E-filed them and

signed the form with an E-Signature. So there is now on the 1040 no Signature.

Any help you can give me on this matter would be greatly appreciated !

Greetings,

XXX"

And this was the answer, only 1,5 hours later:

"Dear Mr. XXX,

1- You can also send everything at once.

2- The Signature is then not needed.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

Gießener Str. 30

60435 Frankfurt am Main"

Great, I' m VERY happy for you, so just go ahead and send EVERYTHING in (like I told you the first time ;o) !!!

AND please keep "us"/me informed hire, any help/tips are very appreciated ;o)

Good luck,

Thank you and don't stay up so late ;o)

DCF-Frankfurt (IR-1)

@Honeypie:

Thank u so much for ur posting! I will press my thumbs for u that u get the letter s.a.p. ,also!

I sended the pack today at 16:15 and missed the postman by 15min, so its going out tomorrow,... not bad...

I dont know how often i checked the pack today, if all is ok,... and i told the guy in the postoffice, this is perhaps the most important Letter i send in my hole life, please take care about it!!! He looked to me a little bit scared,...

Yep, i will keep u all FRA-DCF Folks be updated with my next Visasteps,... im happy then somebody can help me with my Visa Problems, and im happy then i can help somebody, also !

But for tonight , Good Night, it was really a long day today...

Very short y/n question: At http://photos.state.gov/libraries/frankfurt/9318/consular_pdf/Instructions%20for%20Immigrant%20Visa%20Applicants.pdf, they say in item 1 to include passportS. Does that mean both from the petition/sponsor and the applicant?

DCF Frankfurt

2013-08-01 Married

2013-08-02 I-130 package sent

2013-08-05 I-130 package arrived (according to tracking)

2013-08-06 Fee charged to credit card

2013-08-09 Received NOA1 in the mail

2013-10-19 Received NOA2 in the mail, from Athens?!?! "Your petition...has been forwarded to...Frankfurt."

2013-10-24 Requested tax transcripts from IRS (for affidavits of support)

2013-10-26 Received NOA2 from Frankfurt with new case number

2013-10-26 DS-260 completed online

2013-10-28 Request for interview mailed

2013-10-30 DS-260 resubmitted with correction

2013-11-04 DS-260 resubmitted with addition of US permanent address

2013-11-05 Immigrant visa document package (packet 3) mailed

2013-11-15 Letter with interview date received in the mail. Interview date WAY too short notice to get medical done in time

2013-11-18 Emergency trip to Frankfurt to get medical done

2013-11-19 Walk-in medical in Frankfurt (limited walk-in hours, so couldn't do day before interview)

2013-11-19 Finally get email response from consulate saying it's OK to get the medical done after the interview (too late)

2013-11-21 Interview in Frankfurt

2013-11-26 Visa received. Woohoo!

2013-12-24 POE Seattle - they were confused by lack of paper DS-230

2014-02-08 Green card arrived in the mail

2014 Social security card never arrived - got one at local SS office

No, only from the applicant or applicantS

28JUN2013 - Filed I-130 (Frankfurt)

29AUG2013 - Approved petition by USCIS Rome

30AUG2013 - Approved petition by USCIS Frankfurt

02SEP2013 - Sent DS-230 I&II

14SEP2013 - Packet 3 sent

16SEP2013: Medical in Dortmund

30SEP2013: Filled out DS-260

22OCT2013: Interview in Frankfurt-APPROVED!!dancin5hr.gif

Hi everybody,

couple of days ago I read in another thread on VJ that also "german" documents can be submitted to the Frankfurt Consulate during the visa application process.

For whatever reason I always believed everything needs to be translated into english... ;) Now I am puzzled... Is it correct that one can submit german (court) documents w/o translation into english? That would save us a whole lot of money ;)

Thanks in advance :)

Hi everybody,

couple of days ago I read in another thread on VJ that also "german" documents can be submitted to the Frankfurt Consulate during the visa application process.

For whatever reason I always believed everything needs to be translated into english... wink.png Now I am puzzled... Is it correct that one can submit german (court) documents w/o translation into english? That would save us a whole lot of money wink.png

Thanks in advance smile.png

My understanding after many thorough reads through http://photos.state.gov/libraries/frankfurt/9318/consular_pdf/Instructions%20for%20Immigrant%20Visa%20Applicants.pdf is that English or German documents are ok for everything except court and prison records.

#9 Translations: "All documents not in English or German must be accompanied by an English translation."

#4 Court & Prison Records: "It is a mandatory requirement to provide English translations of all court and prison records."

DCF Frankfurt

2013-08-01 Married

2013-08-02 I-130 package sent

2013-08-05 I-130 package arrived (according to tracking)

2013-08-06 Fee charged to credit card

2013-08-09 Received NOA1 in the mail

2013-10-19 Received NOA2 in the mail, from Athens?!?! "Your petition...has been forwarded to...Frankfurt."

2013-10-24 Requested tax transcripts from IRS (for affidavits of support)

2013-10-26 Received NOA2 from Frankfurt with new case number

2013-10-26 DS-260 completed online

2013-10-28 Request for interview mailed

2013-10-30 DS-260 resubmitted with correction

2013-11-04 DS-260 resubmitted with addition of US permanent address

2013-11-05 Immigrant visa document package (packet 3) mailed

2013-11-15 Letter with interview date received in the mail. Interview date WAY too short notice to get medical done in time

2013-11-18 Emergency trip to Frankfurt to get medical done

2013-11-19 Walk-in medical in Frankfurt (limited walk-in hours, so couldn't do day before interview)

2013-11-19 Finally get email response from consulate saying it's OK to get the medical done after the interview (too late)

2013-11-21 Interview in Frankfurt

2013-11-26 Visa received. Woohoo!

2013-12-24 POE Seattle - they were confused by lack of paper DS-230

2014-02-08 Green card arrived in the mail

2014 Social security card never arrived - got one at local SS office

My understanding after many thorough reads through http://photos.state.gov/libraries/frankfurt/9318/consular_pdf/Instructions%20for%20Immigrant%20Visa%20Applicants.pdf is that English or German documents are ok for everything except court and prison records.

#9 Translations: "All documents not in English or German must be accompanied by an English translation."

#4 Court & Prison Records: "It is a mandatory requirement to provide English translations of all court and prison records."

Awwww, guess I got to get the divorce decree translated then :(

But thanks a bunch for your helpful reply :)

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

I always had very good experience with Frankfurt. There Emails usually never take more than a day to get a (good) reply.

Awwww, guess I got to get the divorce decree translated then sad.png

Only court documents that are in conjunction with a felony/prison sentence have to be translated.

4. COURT AND PRISON RECORDS (original & two copies): Persons who have been convicted of a crime must submit each court record and any prison record, regardless of the fact that they may have benefited subsequently from an amnesty, pardon, or other act of clemency. It is a mandatory requirement to provide English translations of all court and prison records.

So if it is your divorce decree, you can stick to just submitting it in German.

See above. Only if in conjunction with a felony/prison sentence is this necessary.

Edited by Mark88

It's amazing how many questions can be resolved with a 2 minute Google search...

Hi,

just quick update

I-130 APPROVED, it feels soooo good

the letter came from Rome/Italy date of approval was 18. OKT I received it on 28.OKT

so waiting on a letter with case # fron Frankfurt good.gif

DCF-Frankfurt (IR-1)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.