atenea26

DCF in Frankfurt (2013)

268 posts in this topic

Looks like I'll have to send an email on Monday. Thanks for the responses, guys.

DCF Frankfurt

2013-08-01 Married

2013-08-02 I-130 package sent

2013-08-05 I-130 package arrived (according to tracking)

2013-08-06 Fee charged to credit card

2013-08-09 Received NOA1 in the mail

2013-10-19 Received NOA2 in the mail, from Athens?!?! "Your petition...has been forwarded to...Frankfurt."

2013-10-24 Requested tax transcripts from IRS (for affidavits of support)

2013-10-26 Received NOA2 from Frankfurt with new case number

2013-10-26 DS-260 completed online

2013-10-28 Request for interview mailed

2013-10-30 DS-260 resubmitted with correction

2013-11-04 DS-260 resubmitted with addition of US permanent address

2013-11-05 Immigrant visa document package (packet 3) mailed

2013-11-15 Letter with interview date received in the mail. Interview date WAY too short notice to get medical done in time

2013-11-18 Emergency trip to Frankfurt to get medical done

2013-11-19 Walk-in medical in Frankfurt (limited walk-in hours, so couldn't do day before interview)

2013-11-19 Finally get email response from consulate saying it's OK to get the medical done after the interview (too late)

2013-11-21 Interview in Frankfurt

2013-11-26 Visa received. Woohoo!

2013-12-24 POE Seattle - they were confused by lack of paper DS-230

2014-02-08 Green card arrived in the mail

2014 Social security card never arrived - got one at local SS office

@wortu: I have had the same Problem just 2 weeks ago ! I tryed to fill out my DS-260 on October 6, and the Sign-In Site told me , that my Invoice ID dont fits the Case Number ... i tryed each possible way, also, ... On October 7 i wrote a Mail to the FRA Consulate and they told me " We know the Problem and we work on it" . Next day it was working !

My Question is now, because then i have finished my DS-260 , CEAC told me the form should be processed in 3-5 working days, ... what happenes then ? Can i pay the fee then ? And is this an 4 week waiting period until i get new Information about the next steps from the consulate ?

Im really affraid that i cant fly on the 10 of January to see my wife and my US Family, ... :-(

after u did your DS-260 form online and payed for it you should send your pack 3 in (you don't get no info about your next step)

If your petition was approved and your visa class has no numerical restrictions.

The CEAC online immigrant visa application form DS-260 should be submitted for each person applying for a visa, regardless of age.

Please do not follow the DS-260 instructions to send your documents to the National Visa Center, but continue with Step 4.

Step 4

Please print out the "Document Checklist"* and collect all required documents listed.

Once you have collected all the required documents, complete and sign the "Request for Visa Interview" at the end of the IV Document Checklist / K-Visa Checklist (pdf) and mail the statement together with the required documents to

U.S. Consulate General

Immigrant Visa Section

Giessener Str. 30

60435 Frankfurt

http://germany.usembassy.gov/visa/iv/step4/

DCF-Frankfurt (IR-1)

17 APR, 2003 -> married, Germany

15 AUG, 2013 -> sent I-130 petition to Frankfurt a.M.

22 AUG, 2013 -> received letter with Receipt #

18 OCT, 2013 -> approved petition by USCIS Rome/Italy (letter received on the 28 OCT)

30 OCT, 2013 -> received case # from Immigrant Visa Branch via E-mail

30 OCT, 2013 -> completed DS-260 online

31 OCT, 2013 -> medical FRN & sent pack 3 in

05 NOV, 2013 -> Immigrant Visa Unit received pack 3

08 NOV, 2013 -> received interview app. via E-mail

14 NOV, 2013 -> Interview in FRN, Visa got APPROVED

16 NOV, 2013 -> received the Visa package, DHL courier

yes.gif let the new Journey begin yes.gif

19. FEB, 2014 -> POE in ATL

21. FEB, 2014 -> SS card issued (Baltimore MD)

26. FEB, 2014 -> received SSN (N.C.)

09. APR, 2014 -> received Green Card (N.C.)

@honeypie25:Thank u very much for ur answer ! So, i only have to wait until i can pay my Fee from DS-260 and i can send my documents to the FRA Consulate,... i want to know how long this takes approx., because 4 to 5 workdays , so how they wrote on the webside, are double done,...

@honeypie25:Thank u very much for ur answer ! So, i only have to wait until i can pay my Fee from DS-260 and i can send my documents to the FRA Consulate,... i want to know how long this takes approx., because 4 to 5 workdays , so how they wrote on the webside, are double done,...

cool.png

NO (hope my English is good enough to explain it )

the DS-260 form is a part of your 3rd package ( u fill it out online and submit it, don't need to print it out for you, it goes to nvc (online) you do not have to pay for it (YET), you pay when you get your visa, but "you" will get a # from nvc (a E-mail,confirmation that its donne) but you don't have to worry about it, nvc will send the # to consular (guess this is what the 4-5 workdays mean)

4-5 days means they will check your ds-260 and send the # to consular so it would be good if you send your pack 3 in (like tomorrow whistling.gif ) it will take about 2 weeks till they check all your papers(in consular) and maybe another 2 weeks till you get your appointment for visa (timelines from another forum)

so don't pay for nothing now, just send pack #3 in and check your e-mail (for ds-260 confirmation) but it doesn't matter consulate need both parts to start to work on your visa.

later you will get a invoice #, that you will have to pay after you get your visa.

omg, sorry for my English rofl.gif

DCF-Frankfurt (IR-1)

18 OCT, 2013 -> approved petition by USCIS Rome/Italy (letter received on the 28 OCT)

I see I wrote "after u did your DS-260 form online and payed for it" I ment you don't pay for it, sorry about that rolleyes.gif

DCF-Frankfurt (IR-1)

@Honeypie25: Thank u so much for ur Help !!! Awesome ! I have made an nice Folder now with all the documents and its ready to post tomorrow !

I was very confused about the changing now, .. because then we startet with the I-130 last july, it was so different, ... in the worst case i have to go for a new Medical again, because under the new Rule myn runs out January 15th 2014, ... and then i want to fly on the 11th of January its to riski, ...

Thanks again for the help !!!

Cheers !

p.s.: My English isnt so well, also - but ist better then my High-German ! Hahahaha

@Honeypie25: Thank u so much for ur Help !!! Awesome ! I have made an nice Folder now with all the documents and its ready to post tomorrow !

I was very confused about the changing now, .. because then we startet with the I-130 last july, it was so different, ... in the worst case i have to go for a new Medical again, because under the new Rule myn runs out January 15th 2014, ... and then i want to fly on the 11th of January its to riski, ...

Thanks again for the help !!!

Cheers !

p.s.: My English isnt so well, also - but ist better then my High-German ! Hahahaha

Just make sure you have EVERYTHING they ask for and it should be done within 4-6 weeks (till you get your visa)

my friend is waiting on her Interview app. she received a e- mail ( 2 weeks after she sent the pack 3 in) that some paperwork was missing, she sent it in last Monday and still waiting

ok you scarry me now, I need my visa before Dec.24 and my I-130 is not approved yet dry.png

Good luck !!!

DCF-Frankfurt (IR-1)

@honeypie25:

I checked the Checklist now triple and i should be fine...except with the military records... i have done civil service in Germany , Malteser Hilfsdienst, do they need this also insteed of the militry records ? I have an Service Certificate and an discharge letter from this Civil Service Work,... In the DS260 they asked me if i ever served by the Armed Forces, i answerd no,... hm,...

The I-864 ,W2 and 1040 i have allready from my wife, and my documents are complete also... so i guess i will send the documents tomorrow,... and so hopefully in 6 weeks the paperwork is done !

Dont be worried with ur I-130, u will be ok,... myn was approved after 68 days, but my wife wrote the consulate FRA a email and asked them whats going on... U are now nearly by 68 days,... the timetable in FRA for I-130 is by 60 to 90 days,...

Perhaps u write them a mail as well,...

I wish u all the best for ur Visa !!! And once again u helped me today a lot !

Edited by BAYDAHO

@honeypie25:

I checked the Checklist now triple and i should be fine...except with the military records... i have done civil service in Germany , Malteser Hilfsdienst, do they need this also insteed of the militry records ? I have an Service Certificate and an discharge letter from this Civil Service Work,... In the DS260 they asked me if i ever served by the Armed Forces, i answerd no,... hm,...

The I-864 ,W2 and 1040 i have allready from my wife, and my documents are complete also... so i guess i will send the documents tomorrow,... and so hopefully in 6 weeks the paperwork is done !

Dont be worried with ur I-130, u will be ok,... myn was approved after 68 days, but my wife wrote the consulate FRA a email and asked them whats going on... U are now nearly by 68 days,... the timetable in FRA for I-130 is by 60 to 90 days,...

Perhaps u write them a mail as well,...

I wish u all the best for ur Visa !!! And once again u helped me today a lot !

No problem, I wish I could do my ds260 already

Sorry I cant tell you nothing about the work Certificates, I have it much easier since I'm "just" home stayed mom/wife ;o)

Is the I-864 signed by your wife? You need to put your wives pay stub (s) from most recent 6 mons (like LES by military) just check the checklist Form I-864

don't forget to put a copy of each document you send.

well Im at my day 60 (counting from the date they send me the receipt that they received my I-130 ) I'm toooo scared to contact them cause the letter says also do not contact the office phone/email if it hasn't been 90 days from the date of your receipt, or it will delay your process,

hopefully it will come within next 2 weeks (or I will really email them)

p.s. my friend was also asked to provide them with contact infos, just write on a extra paper your address, phone # and E-address , like you did with the I-130 form (especially she was asked for physical address, guess they throwing the envelopes away ???!!!)

DCF-Frankfurt (IR-1)

@honeypie: Yes , i will write tomorrow an coverletter ,with my contactdetails as well,... and i dont send this stuff from my Civilservice, because they are not asking for it,...

I-864 is from my wife filled out and signed as well, pay stub (DOD) from June 13.

I have now only one more question , what is confusing me a little bit,...

As i get this letter from the FRA Consulate, just two weeks ago, that they recived an approved visa petition on my behalf, in this letter are two writtinglines. One for date of proposed travel and one for my signature. Is this what they want by Step One (First) at this Checklist by the Instructions ? By First is written :" Please send a copy of your passport and your preferred departure date to this office". So i think right in the moment i should take the Infoletter they send me , sign it and send it with my documents, or perhaps seperate? Hopefully somebody is understanding what i mean,... its difficult to explain,...Arrrgh

I thought also not to ask them by mail about my case,... but my wife has done it and i was happy anyway,... so,...

@honeypie: Yes , i will write tomorrow an coverletter ,with my contactdetails as well,... and i dont send this stuff from my Civilservice, because they are not asking for it,...

I-864 is from my wife filled out and signed as well, pay stub (DOD) from June 13.

I have now only one more question , what is confusing me a little bit,...

As i get this letter from the FRA Consulate, just two weeks ago, that they recived an approved visa petition on my behalf, in this letter are two writtinglines. One for date of proposed travel and one for my signature. Is this what they want by Step One (First) at this Checklist by the Instructions ? By First is written :" Please send a copy of your passport and your preferred departure date to this office". So i think right in the moment i should take the Infoletter they send me , sign it and send it with my documents, or perhaps seperate? Hopefully somebody is understanding what i mean,... its difficult to explain,...Arrrgh

I thought also not to ask them by mail about my case,... but my wife has done it and i was happy anyway,... so,...

guess nobody else is out hire reading it, so I just say how I would do it (if I ever get to see my approved petition ;o) )

yes sign it and put the preferred departure date (don't know how much they care about it, unless you want to travel like in 6 mons then they will wait with the appointment) make a copy of it and keep it, send original together with all your paperwork and the checklist (even if it asks you the same thing on the last page)

put the Infoletter on top of the real "Checklist" guess it has your case # on it, so it would be easier for them to process it (but its just my opinion )

I see they just trying to confuse people, the letter says one thing and their internet page another, like don't follow the steps on ds-260.......and go to step 4

I will do everything in one step, send everything in after I submit the DS-260 online

hmm I meant make sure that the 1040 form is signed by your wife, my husbands wasn't, so I had him signing all of the paperwork today

DCF-Frankfurt (IR-1)

I think i have the answer from my question above, on post number 36 in this threat, but this was before the change in october,...

think # 39 explains it better BUT

why send it in 2 different envelope if it goes to the same office???

ok I know that they replaced DS 230 I & II with DS- 260 , everything sooooo confused

my friend send everything in at one time and it worked

so send the Infoletter with Passport copy now and then send the whole package like 2 days later???

I will send just EVERYTHING at one time, beside you got your medical already right?

man man man

DCF-Frankfurt (IR-1)

Its really confusing,... but now i guess i will send the Infoletter tomorrow via Einschreiben , and the other documents then i have the signed 1040. And hopefully with Fast Delivery i will have them end this week...

Yes, i have had my medical on the 7.15.13 in FRA. This was the day then my wife was at the consulate for the petition and i was meanwhile by the Doc. At this time the medical was still valid for one year,... and now its look like i have to get a second one,... My wife and me have been in June at an Infoday from the FRA consulate in Hohenfels, and they told us its ok then i do it like this, even without an casenumber,... and there was no mention about they change all the rules only 3 months after.

I needed for the medical 3 pictures, perhaps they changed this,also,.. But the medical in FRA was ok. I was number 2 this day. A hour later i was finished... Blood,Urin,X-Ray from the chest, Eyetest, and the questions ... and the 140

Edited by BAYDAHO

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.