Ceilla

Medical exam copy for adjustment status

29 posts in this topic

I have a problem here. I don't have my medical exam copy with me. I only have my vaccine record. Will that be a problem? I really forgot to ask medikaloka to give me the copy of my medical exam (too excited that time). Do anyone know what is their email address? I'm in US and be with my beloved one, but we want to do our adjustment status as soon I get we get our marriage certificate. Can anyone give me suggestion what shoul I do to get my medical exam copy? sad.png

You don't need it

Just need the vaccination form

i don't get it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Can someone tell me how long the i-129f medical exam is good for in Indonesia, Jakarta. The reason that I am asking is because I am planning on going to my Fiancee's interview with her in Jakarta and I have to plan my vacation time from Hawaii carefully. I know that the minimum time is one week, but what is the maximum time allowed?

Thanks

Timeline

I got my medical exam after my case accepted by Jakarta US embassy. You can go to medikaloka on monday, the exam will be done in a day but the result is 7 days of work. I suggest you to go to Punjabi, the exam take time in a day and you can get the result at the same day (from my friend experience, we had medical exam at the same date). After you get you medical exam in hand, mail the US embassy right away so the can give you the interview date, for K1 visa they will do it on tuesday or thursday.

After I done my medical exam at Medikaloka, the next day I sent email to the embassy and asked for the interview date. They reply my mail the next day and asked me to come on tuesday the next week. At that time I really don't know the medical exam result will be done 7 days of work, so I went to the interview without my medical exam result, which is not good because it cost all the delay for my visa. It will be better if you have your fiance have her medical exam result in hand on your fiance interview.

Goodluck.

I have a problem here. I don't have my medical exam copy with me. I only have my vaccine record. Will that be a problem? I really forgot to ask medikaloka to give me the copy of my medical exam (too excited that time). Do anyone know what is their email address? I'm in US and be with my beloved one, but we want to do our adjustment status as soon I get we get our marriage certificate. Can anyone give me suggestion what shoul I do to get my medical exam copy? :(

I wanted to go back to your original question since I didn't see it before.

If you had all shots needed for AOS before or at your visa exam, then you need nothing from a civil surgeon. The original copy of the DS-3025 is in your file with the rest of the medical exam. People do not have to send their photocopy. USCIS has the original DS-3025 signed by the visa doctor. Sometimes USCIS loses the medical results, but if that happens you need a complete new exam.

If you didn't get all the required shots, then a civil surgeon can look at any record of shots you provide to get them all on one form and advise you if you need other shots. He can look at your card from medikaloka, a record from your doctor back home, or a record from a US doctor or health dept or drug store clinic.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

Actually I got a good news few days ago. They actually gave me a piece of paper about my vaccine record and I asked one of VJ member, we're friend now since she lives close from where I live here in US. She said I can just used that paper and copy it and use it for adjusment status. She did it and they never ask about it. I think the paper that medikaloka gave me is the one that the USCIS need that's why they didn't me the copy of DS-3025.

I had all the vaccine they want, so just hoping things will work well :)

Thank you Nich-Nick.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

I just found out that one of VJ member had the same experience like I did. She said she send the Copy of her vaccine paper that medikaloka gave her for the adjustment status and she got her green card in the next one month without had any interview. I think I will do the same and let see what will happen.

I suspect that VJ member had a RFE about her medical then. Just to be sure that you don't have false expectations, filing for AOS and have it approved in one month without interview is impossible.

Basically, if you are scheduled for an interview, your AOS process will take 2-3 months at the best.

If you are waived from an interview, it will take a lot longer... 7-9 months, and it can take up to a year. And if you have a RFE, they send it to you at that time. Once you answer to it correctly, the case is approved shortly after.

K-1 Visa Timeline AOS Timeline

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

- Apr 13th, 2012 - Visa received - Aug 24th, 2012 - Green Card received

ROC Timeline

- May 19th, 2014 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

- Aug 8th, 2014 - Green Card received

N-400 Timeline

- Dec 29th, 2021 - Filed online. Got notice that biometrics will be reused.

- Now waiting...

Timeline

She said, she actually sent that vaccine record that she have and they not asked for any proof and she didn't had any interview. The just approve her status and she got her green card the next 30 days.

Timeline

Ok, so now it's more precise, she got her green card in the next 30 days AFTER approval. smile.png

But how long between initial filing and AOS approval? That was what I was pointing out, just to make sure that you don't expect an AOS process only a month long. smile.png

Everybody get their green card in the next 30 days after approval. But the time between initial filing and approval can vary greatly, as said in my previous post.

Edited by didopage

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

ROC Timeline

N-400 Timeline

- Now waiting...

Ceilla and Dido---

It doesn't matter if the applicant sends a paper written in crayon saying they had shots with their AOS application.

If the ORIGINAL immunization form from the medical is adequate, then the AOS will be approved. DS-3025 is 1 of 4 medical pages prepared by the panel physician. So even if the friend sent something non-standard, it is what is in her medical file turned over at POE that is evaluated.

In the strictest sense, the photocopies people send could have been altered, but the original the doctor signed has remained sealed in a chain of custody getting to USCIS. That is really what they should evaluate, not what the applicant mails. People are approved who lost their photocopy and send nothing because the real copy is in their file.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline

Nick, I understand that. I was just talking on something different, meaning the fact that a person got her AOS approved in 30 days, which sounds highly impossible.

My point was not about the content of the vaccination records submitted. :)

ROC Timeline

N-400 Timeline

- Now waiting...

Nick, I understand that. I was just talking on something different, meaning the fact that a person got her AOS approved in 30 days, which sounds highly impossible.

My point was not about the content of the vaccination records submitted. :)

Sorry. I picked up on this part because you said if the friend sent the wrong form, she would get an RFE. Not if the correct form was in her medical package.

I suspect that VJ member had a RFE about her medical then.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline

Sorry, my bad. She got her green card after 2 month

This is her timeline if you guys want to check.

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=89386

And I'm hoping USCIS will not lose my file, if that happen well I know I still need to go to another pycisian to get my vaccine copy.

Timeline

Sorry. I picked up on this part because you said if the friend sent the wrong form, she would get an RFE. Not if the correct form was in her medical package.

I just stopped on the fact that the person got her AOS approved 30 days after submitting the medical form. The only way I could see that possible was that she would have got a RFE (because maybe not sending anything initially, and still...).

But :

Sorry, my bad. She got her green card after 2 month

This is her timeline if you guys want to check.

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=89386

And I'm hoping USCIS will not lose my file, if that happen well I know I still need to go to another pycisian to get my vaccine copy.

...now I understand, because that timeline is from 2011. Processing times were very different. smile.png Now it's highly not probable to get an AOS approved without interview in 2 months. smile.png

Off-Topic2.gif

Edited by didopage

ROC Timeline

N-400 Timeline

- Now waiting...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.