VeganMari

Form questions! please help

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi everyone!

I am trying to start filling out the forms and have some questions because I want to be sure I fill them our correctly to avoid delays. Hope you can help me answer the questions...

*Will the embassy send the code needed to make an appointment to my fiance's email? I looked over our I-29f and my email isn't anywhere.

*N/A and None, is it really important which one I put in? What about for example in the question about children I put in N/A and then leave the rest of spaces blank, is that ok or should I write N/A in each one?

*Phone number of where I'm gonna live, is it ok if it's a mobile phone number? And where it asks about greencard address do I put in "same as item 10"?

*On present occupation I am not sure...I am not officially working, I am just helping out my dad in his office, so do I put in unemployed or what?

*Employent in the last 10 years, on location...do I need to put in just city and country, or the address or what?

*Where do you intent to work in the US? if I don't know do I put in "unknown" or what?

*Educational institutions attended, do I put in just stuff after highschool or do I include highschool, elementary, courses, stuff I didn't finish?

*In my case, name and address of present employer, do I put in None or the address of my dad's office?
*When do you intend to arrive in the US? well, I won't know until my visa is approved, so do I leave it blank or put in a tentative date?
*Name and Telephone Numbers of Person in U.S. Who You Will Be Staying With or Visiting for Tourism or Business. Uhm,,,I'm not going for tourism or business so do I just put in my fiance's info?
*Have you ever been in the US? do I just put in the info of the last time I was there or do I have to attatch another page for times before that?
*Have you ever been issued a US visa? Do I just put in info of my current tourist visa?

Thanks! I would also appreciate any advice you have! :)

Feb 22, 2013........ I-129F sent

March 01, 2013.....NOA1

June 12, 2013.......NOA2

July 02, 2013........NVC processed

July 22, 2013........Lab & medical

July 25, 2013........Interview: APPROVED!

Aug 16, 2013........POE: Miami

Oct 10, 2013.........Wedding!!!

For the rest of my timeline go here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guia para proceso K1 en Colombia: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/444315-proceso-k1-en-colombia/

What forms do you have? I can't think of a place where it asks you where you intend to work in the US? or employment for 10 years? They ask for 5 years on the G-325A. Or when you plan to arrive in the US? These are weird questions... You;re not looking at the I-129 are? You need the I-129F.

Are you sure you have the right forms?

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

You do not state which form has which questions, so this is a bit confusing. You can look over the example forms for help on what to answer > http://www.visajourney.com/content/examples

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

N/A and None have different meanings.

Think about them when using them.

Is the question applicable to you?

If it's applicable, but you have none, then the answer is NONE.

oldlady.gif

Timeline

Forms DS-156, DS-156K, & DS-230 (Part 1)

Edited by VeganMari

March 01, 2013.....NOA1

June 12, 2013.......NOA2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guia para proceso K1 en Colombia: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/444315-proceso-k1-en-colombia/

Timeline

There are examples for all of those forms you can check over. They should help with most if not all of your questions. If the example forms still do not help with any specific questions you might have, then ask about those, being sure to state the form, question# and question.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

There are examples for all of those forms you can check over. They should help with most if not all of your questions. If the example forms still do not help with any specific questions you might have, then ask about those, being sure to state the form, question# and question.

Well, thanks, I did look at the example but it's still have those questions. Guess I'll wait to see if someone can help and if not I'll be more specific.

I thought people who recently filled those forms and already had their interview would understand and be able to help so that's why I asked like that.

March 01, 2013.....NOA1

June 12, 2013.......NOA2

All right, I didn't notice you already had NOA2.

There are no tricks, just answer the questions. Interpret literally.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi everyone!

I am trying to start filling out the forms and have some questions because I want to be sure I fill them our correctly to avoid delays. Hope you can help me answer the questions...

*Will the embassy send the code needed to make an appointment to my fiance's email? I looked over our I-29f and my email isn't anywhere.

*N/A and None, is it really important which one I put in? What about for example in the question about children I put in N/A and then leave the rest of spaces blank, is that ok or should I write N/A in each one?

*Phone number of where I'm gonna live, is it ok if it's a mobile phone number? And where it asks about greencard address do I put in "same as item 10"?

*On present occupation I am not sure...I am not officially working, I am just helping out my dad in his office, so do I put in unemployed or what?

*Employent in the last 10 years, on location...do I need to put in just city and country, or the address or what?

*Where do you intent to work in the US? if I don't know do I put in "unknown" or what?

*Educational institutions attended, do I put in just stuff after highschool or do I include highschool, elementary, courses, stuff I didn't finish?

*In my case, name and address of present employer, do I put in None or the address of my dad's office?
*When do you intend to arrive in the US? well, I won't know until my visa is approved, so do I leave it blank or put in a tentative date?
*Name and Telephone Numbers of Person in U.S. Who You Will Be Staying With or Visiting for Tourism or Business. Uhm,,,I'm not going for tourism or business so do I just put in my fiance's info?
*Have you ever been in the US? do I just put in the info of the last time I was there or do I have to attatch another page for times before that?
*Have you ever been issued a US visa? Do I just put in info of my current tourist visa?

Thanks! I would also appreciate any advice you have! smile.png

You can send an email to the embassy in Colombia when they have your approved I-129f packet. Their email is: IVBogota@state.gov

You can use a mobile number.

If you are not presently employed, then just write 'unemployed'.

Just city and country is fine for last 10 years employment.

For the question 'Where do you intend to work', just put 'With Employment Authorization--Employer unknown'

For educational institutions, my wife wrote all schools she attended since primary.

For when you intend to arrive, put your estimated date, or tentative date. We didn't put a tentative date until we had our interview date for the visa, and usually you will know if you are approved at your interview.

Answer all questions about previous visits to the US truthfully. If it asks for the last time you were here, write it. If it asks for your current tourist visa number, write it.

Sometimes the embassy in Bogota won't even ask for the form DS-230, just your DS-156 forms. They never asked us for the DS-230.

Timeline

You can send an email to the embassy in Colombia when they have your approved I-129f packet. Their email is: IVBogota@state.gov

You can use a mobile number.

If you are not presently employed, then just write 'unemployed'.

Just city and country is fine for last 10 years employment.

For the question 'Where do you intend to work', just put 'With Employment Authorization--Employer unknown'

For educational institutions, my wife wrote all schools she attended since primary.

For when you intend to arrive, put your estimated date, or tentative date. We didn't put a tentative date until we had our interview date for the visa, and usually you will know if you are approved at your interview.

Answer all questions about previous visits to the US truthfully. If it asks for the last time you were here, write it. If it asks for your current tourist visa number, write it.

Sometimes the embassy in Bogota won't even ask for the form DS-230, just your DS-156 forms. They never asked us for the DS-230.

Thanks so much!!

March 01, 2013.....NOA1

June 12, 2013.......NOA2

Timeline

Well, thanks, I did look at the example but it's still have those questions. Guess I'll wait to see if someone can help and if not I'll be more specific.

I thought people who recently filled those forms and already had their interview would understand and be able to help so that's why I asked like that.

People cannot remember each and every question from each and every form. You listing them that way makes it very difficult to decipher. You are basically asking that people go open all the forms and look over them all and go through your list to find which question is from which form before being able to help you out. Making your questions clear and concise helps people to help you.

I can say that if you have no children, it is None. If you are not working, then you are unemployed and address of employer would then be N/A

The question about being issued a visa, I think is the one from the DS-156 and you simply mark yes and answer the 3 questions about it, WHEN was it issued, WHERE was it issued and WHAT TYPE of visa was issued.

Timeline

People cannot remember each and every question from each and every form. You listing them that way makes it very difficult to decipher. You are basically asking that people go open all the forms and look over them all and go through your list to find which question is from which form before being able to help you out. Making your questions clear and concise helps people to help you.

I can say that if you have no children, it is None. If you are not working, then you are unemployed and address of employer would then be N/A

The question about being issued a visa, I think is the one from the DS-156 and you simply mark yes and answer the 3 questions about it, WHEN was it issued, WHERE was it issued and WHAT TYPE of visa was issued.

I understand that but honestly think you don't really need to look at the forms again to remember or understand when I mean and answer most questions if you already answered them recently. But I guess you're right.

If I have any other questions or still feel unsure about how to answer a question I will be more specific when I ask.

Thanks!

March 01, 2013.....NOA1

June 12, 2013.......NOA2

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.