Steph and George

Pros and cons of congressman

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Can anyone let me know how things have gone when tey e contacted the congressman? My fiancé asked me about the downsides and I said I'm sure there are some but I haven't heard. Has anyone had a bad experience after contacting the congressman when their case has taken a while to process? I don't want him to do anything that will possibly jeopardize our case. Please help.

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

We are working through a lawyer in Miami and I asked them about both calling the VSC and writing a congressman to see if that would speed things up at all...she said to hold off until the "normal processing time" before starting to make those kinds of contacts. She said she has had a few cases that were called on by either petitioner or the congressman and the files were taken out to get looked at and then either were lost/misplaced or placed at the back of the line again. Now that is probably not always the occurrence but they have had it happen from time to time. So with that in mind, and as much as I would love to speed things up, I would at least wait the 5ish months they are saying to wait for normal processing times before all that.

Edited by Kate and Joseph

02-01-2013: I-129F Sent

02-08-2013: I-129F NOA1 received at Vermont Service Center.

06-21-2013: Received email notice of petition being transferred to local office.

06-28-2013: Received paper copy of notice of transfer to Texas Service Center

09-10-2013: Received email notice of RFE.

09-14-2013: Received paper copy of RFE.

09-27-2013: Texas Service Center received evidence for RFE

10-2-2013: Received email notice of NOA2

11-05-2013: NVC received petition.

11-13-2013: Haiti Embassy received petition

11-19-2013: Packet 3 sent from embassy (never physically received because fiancé had changed addresses and Embassy didn't have the right one)

11-20-2013: Address officially changed, Electronic copy of Packet 3 received via Email.

1-22-2014: Email sent to Haiti Embassy requesting Visa Petition Extension (Petition expired 02-01-2014)

02-10-2014: Visa Petition Extension granted via email response from Haiti Embassy (we were delayed turning in Packet 3 due to issues renewing Fiancé's passport and getting new birth certificate from Haiti Archives!)

02-28-2014: Packet 3 submitted to Haiti Messenger

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We're almost at the 5 month mark but it feels like forever though I'm sure everyone else is in the same boat. I'm just sick of seeing feb and march filers being processed and ours remains on the bottom of the stack on some guys desk. *sigh*. Kate & joe say it can get lost is that true?? Because everyone else says it won't cause harm but a lost file is pretty big. Thx everyone.

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We're almost at the 5 month mark but it feels like forever though I'm sure everyone else is in the same boat. I'm just sick of seeing feb and march filers being processed and ours remains on the bottom of the stack on some guys desk. *sigh*. Kate & joe say it can get lost is that true?? Because everyone else says it won't cause harm but a lost file is pretty big. Thx everyone.

I wouldn't hold too much stake in that, honestly.

People who never contact anyone have had their files lost.

oldlady.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.