kangjie

Questions on K-1

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I am getting ready to turn im my 129F and I notice

my fiance as sent me 3 notarized documents about being unmarried,born in Shanwei and and not haveing committed any crime. I don't see where I need to turn these in with the 129F. Anybody know when and how these will be used ?

Another question, when I was there she filled out the G-325 stuff and dated these wrong 2-11-06 instead of 11-02-06. Any problems is I change these myself(just mark through)

She is in China and I'm in the USA

Thanks in advance

First off, good luck on your journey!

I am not an expert by any means, but I would suggest that you write a separate note regarding the reversal of date issue. The G-325A as originally signed by her should probably not be altered after the fact by you. That would be my advice. It seems pretty reasonable that she intended November 2nd, not February 11th as her date of signing, especially if her letter of intent is similarly dated.

Anyway, that is how I would suggest handling the date problem. Again, good luck! :thumbs:

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

To answer your first question, those will be needed at the visa interview, your fiance is getting way ahead of the curve there.

The second is common, Chinese date format is day, month, year. You may just make a note below the date, D,M,Y and note it in US standard format, and initial it.

Look at the K-1 guide, it will tell you everything that needs to be included with the petition.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1guide

Since you say China, A great board for Chinese/American immigration info, and other knowlege is "A Candle For Love" http://candleforlove.com

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I am getting ready to turn im my 129F and I notice

my fiance as sent me 3 notarized documents about being unmarried,born in Shanwei and and not haveing committed any crime. I don't see where I need to turn these in with the 129F. Anybody know when and how these will be used ?

Another question, when I was there she filled out the G-325 stuff and dated these wrong 2-11-06 instead of 11-02-06. Any problems is I change these myself(just mark through)

She is in China and I'm in the USA

Thanks in advance

She did not date them wrong but dated them using the standard convention (DD/MM/YY) which is used in almost every nation in the world but ours.

Birth certificate may or may not be required. It is not specifically requested with the I-129F but has been occasionally requested. You have to decide if you want to send it or not

Police reports are interview stage documents

The certificate of being unmarried is not required for the I-129F.

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I ran into a similar problem with my fiancee, and I was prone to make the change myself. But we decided to go ahead and delay the process a week and get the corrected docs express mailed (EMS) to me. Double check the wording of the 325a. If it says mm/dd/yyyy, then it's Western style needed. It would be worth it to pay the $75 for FedEx rather than take any chances, and EMS is probably half that but a couple of days longer. But what is a couple of days in a 180 day process vs. an over zealous civil servant throwing a big wrench in the machine.

That's my opinion anyway.

Just checked the 325a and the signature date doesn't specify mm/dd/yyyy. I would feel ok sending it in that case.

I know how you feel. We spent a lot of time compiling docs and having them officially translated, and my heart sank the day they finally arrived at my door and I realized an error had been made. It happens, we changed it, and now I'm in the doldrums of waiting for the NOA2 or RFE. :whistle:

David and Pu's Timeline

10/20/2006 Submitted I129F to TSC

10/23/2006 Transferred to CSC

10/26/2006 NOA1 sent snail mail

11/13/2006 Received NOA1 - (Late due to my changing residences on 11/1. FYI, move before you file!)

11/13/2006 Called Customer Service to change address

11/29/2006 Touched!

12/02/2006 Received verification of Change of Address - snail mail

01/10/2007 Bought ticket to visit Pu on Valentines Day!

01/17/2007 NOA2!! via email

01/29/2007 NVC Left - Headed for Bangkok!

02/07/2007 Packet 3 mailed from US Embassy!

02/10/2007 Packet 3 received

02/20/2007 Packet 3 mailed (EMS Next Day)

02/21/2007 Packet 3 Received at Embassy (no signature)

03/06/2007 Received response from Embassy - Packet 4 mailed 02/28/07. Interview scheduled 5/16/2007!

05/16/2007 Interview. Embassy requests passport amended. Luckily the turnaround time is two days in Bangkok.

05/21/2007 Pu returns to Embassy with new passport, visa granted. Visa issued the following day.

05/26/2007 Pu arrives in USA!

05/30/2007 Married!

06/26/2007 Overnighted AOS petition to Chicago Lockbox

06/27/2007 AOS petition delivered to Chicago lockbox, signed for by V Bustamante

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
I ran into a similar problem with my fiancee, and I was prone to make the change myself. But we decided to go ahead and delay the process a week and get the corrected docs express mailed (EMS) to me. Double check the wording of the 325a. If it says mm/dd/yyyy, then it's Western style needed. It would be worth it to pay the $75 for FedEx rather than take any chances, and EMS is probably half that but a couple of days longer. But what is a couple of days in a 180 day process vs. an over zealous civil servant throwing a big wrench in the machine.

That's my opinion anyway.

Just checked the 325a and the signature date doesn't specify mm/dd/yyyy. I would feel ok sending it in that case.

I know how you feel. We spent a lot of time compiling docs and having them officially translated, and my heart sank the day they finally arrived at my door and I realized an error had been made. It happens, we changed it, and now I'm in the doldrums of waiting for the NOA2 or RFE. :whistle:

China Post to US Post takes about 10 days to mail, and is reliable. I cannot see paying that much $$$ to just mail a few sheets of paper.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

Thanks for those answers. I think I will just notate the date change. I have enough documents that show I was over there in the november timeframe to fill a small book.

Reading the many post on this board I wish there was a way to send my stuff to vermont instead of texas. If the government was run like a private buisness who would put up with one branch of your company being twice as slow as the other.

Anybody of thinking about going over to china(I was in Shenzhen). I recomend buying one of these hand held translators. You write in english and it translates to chinese. She writes in chinese and translates to english. about 1900 yuan(about 300 bucks).

I am most worried about her being dissapointed in America when she gets here. She has a very good life in shenzhen manageing her sisters buisness. She has a very close faimly and they all wanted her to marry. She is 35 and never married. I was struck as we walked all over that place late at night sometimes how safe it is for women and children and how easy they all interact with one another even when they are squabbling over the price of a taxi or piece of clothing.

Of course I heard horror stories before I went over but happily surprised with the actual reality of it. The people just seemed to coexist with a certain amount of civility even though some have a very hard life and have to live within that poltical system.

Timeline

One more quick question.

Although my fiance address is filled out in Part B 2-3b on the 129-f it ask again on 16 to fill out in the native alaphabet.

I can't really figure out how to write it in chinese.

How did other people handle this one ?

Timeline
One more quick question.

Although my fiance address is filled out in Part B 2-3b on the 129-f it ask again on 16 to fill out in the native alaphabet.

I can't really figure out how to write it in chinese.

How did other people handle this one ?

She should write that herself... since you didn't prepare the doc together... some people just ask another Chinese people to write for them...

Wish you the best...

Steve (WA,US) & Anne (SH,CN)

P1..............2004/10/04

P2..............2005/01/10

P3..............2005/04/07

P4..............2005/08/02

Interview.....2005/09/19

Married.......2005/10/29

Filed I-485...2005/12/17

RFE submit...2006/02/27

Interview......2006/08/31

Fingerprint....2006/09/07

wel letter......2006/09/19

I-551...........2006/10/02

Share my experiences with you, China-->U.S.

Check out my website : Click here

I am not an attorny, but someone did what you are doing or going to do.

Filed: Timeline

For China bound petitions, DON'T send in the notarial translations with the I-129F. You'll need them once she does her medical. Hopefully the interview date is one year or less from the documents or else you will have to get Single Certificate and Police Certificate again.

As to the date issue: I would handle this in the cover letter.. note the date notation used by the signer and clearly show the western equivalent.

As to the I-129F need for native alphabet: You can try to have her email it to you.. then copy and paste into the form.

Timeline
For China bound petitions, DON'T send in the notarial translations with the I-129F. You'll need them once she does her medical. Hopefully the interview date is one year or less from the documents or else you will have to get Single Certificate and Police Certificate again.

As to the date issue: I would handle this in the cover letter.. note the date notation used by the signer and clearly show the western equivalent.

As to the I-129F need for native alphabet: You can try to have her email it to you.. then copy and paste into the form.

I asked someone who speaks chinese about this and they said you really don't need the chinese characters to mail something to an address and that the english version works fine. I still think I need it for question 16 on the 129f

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.