jcliff

K-1 Fiancee Visa Approved - Rio de Janeiro

42 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I left my home home state when I was 14, do I still need a Instituto de Identificação from my home state, and my actual state?

I'm now 24, and I've lived for 10 years besises the 2 and half years in the US.

Thanks for your help!

and those have to be original?

"SECRETARIA DE SEGURANÇA PÚBLICA" - It is required that the applicant obtain a certificate from the Polícia Técnico Científica, Instituto de Identificação from each state in Brazil where the applicant has resided for 6 (six) months or longer for the last 5 (five) years. If you have resided in more than one state in Brazil, during this period, you will need one for each state.

Since you have lived in the same state in Brazil for the last 10 years, and the way I understand the rule, you only have to "go back" 5 years, so your present state should be fine.

[/entry][/code]

s-event.png

[/entry][/code]

event.png

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

HI Fellow VJers. My fiancee Silmara was approved this morning for a K-1 visa at the US consulate in Rio de Janeiro. I am in a state of happy shock. The last 2 weeks have been very busy and stressful because we only received notice of the interview date 15 days ago. My fiancee had to get a medical exam and the results within this time plus make reservations to travel (air/hotel) from SP to Rio. Not to mention the 2 Atestado de Antecedentes documents that were supposedly available online but in reality she had to go to the Federal Police station twice to get one of them. All of this while working 10 hour days. Yikes!! Anyway it was worth it. My advice is to make an appointment for a medical exam as soon as you receive word that the NVC has sent your petition to the consulate in Rio so as not to experience the stress levels that we did with such short notice. By some miracle (actually many mini miracles and generous friends) it all worked out. We will post a review in the Embassy section when she returns to SP. Best wishes to ALL. dancin5hr.gif

Congratulations! My fiance was approved today as well... well only sort of! His police records were in fact incorrect because like the consulate said you could get them all online and.... ANYWAY he had the wrong ones. He passed his interview and everything still but he has to round up those police records again before they will issue the visa.

I am so upset. This was the only thing I was worried about and and my worst nightmare came true!

Can you guys help me with the certificates you got? Some direction? Anything. I am so sad, I was so excited for this to be all over.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Congrats!!! :)

Met online : 2009
Married : 07/28/2010

USCIS
Send I-130 : 06/08/2011
Touched : 06/13/2011
got a NOA1 by e-mail and SMS : 06/15/2011
got "I-797C" hard copy of NOA1 : 06/20/2011
got RFE "I-797E" : 10/15/2011
RFE Reply : 12/15/2011
Touched : 12/16/2011
I-130 Approved : 12/20/2011
got "I-797" hard copy of NOA2 : 12/24/2011
Your I-130 was approved in 183 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC
NVC Case Number : 01/13/2012
Pay "$88" AOS Bill and e-mailed DS-3032 : 02/08/2012
Email from NVC, DS-3032 Accepted : 02/09/2012
AOS Fee Shows PAID : 02/09/2012
IV fee invoiced "$404" : 02/10/2012
IV fee invoiced "$230" : 04/18/2012
Pay "$230" IV Bill : 04/30/2012
IV Fee Shows PAID : 05/02/2012
Send AOS and IV packet : 06/09/2012
AOS and IV packet Received : 06/22/2012
Case completed at NVC : 06/29/2012

Interview Date : 08/28/2012 "Denied"

Case Reaffirmed : 07/16/2013

Second interview - Approved : 10/24/2013

Visa Issued : 10/29/2013

Visa in hand : 10/31/2013

For more details please visit my timeline

485.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Congratulations on the approval! We had a good experience with Dr. Duarte for the medical exam. If he is still in the list I would recommend him.

event.png

Congrats! Thank God for the mini miracles while you were preparing for the interview. We're also in the process of preparing for our June 11 interview and I agree that it's a stressful time period. We too have our own miracles and the Lord has really been so good.

Again, happy for both of you. God bless! dancin5hr.gif

Edited by M and C

Timeline

No, she doesn't live in Rio de Janeiro. She lives in Guarapari, ES. Yes, both of the secretaries seemed rude, and one even seemed to yell on the phone. (secretaries at the medical centers) The one near the embassy seems to be bipolar, she is very nice one phone call, and then seems angry the next. Maybe my fiancée is not be persistent enough. I wish that your fiancée could talk to mine, to get the full scoop.

Thanks again.

That's so funny, my fiancee's appt is in July and she called the same doctors and said how rude the secretaries were on the phone...... On top of that they have made changes for July and said the lab tests will take more than one day to get the results, so frustrating, how do they expect people to make travel plans if we can't get answers from the doctors?

event.png

"Every day we are apart brings us one day closer to being together"

Timeline

That's so funny, my fiancee's appt is in July and she called the same doctors and said how rude the secretaries were on the phone...... On top of that they have made changes for July and said the lab tests will take more than one day to get the results, so frustrating, how do they expect people to make travel plans if we can't get answers from the doctors?

Hey! That is the same day that my fiancée's interview is. Maybe they could email/message each other of what they figure out for the medical, then when they go for the interview, they would have a friend to help calm their nerves?

Yes, I think there needs to be more Doctors available for this required procedure. I think what has happened is that they have monopolized it, and it has gone to their heads.protest6wz.gif

[/entry][/code]

s-event.png

[/entry][/code]

event.png

Timeline

Hey! That is the same day that my fiancée's interview is. Maybe they could email/message each other of what they figure out for the medical, then when they go for the interview, they would have a friend to help calm their nerves?

Yes, I think there needs to be more Doctors available for this required procedure. I think what has happened is that they have monopolized it, and it has gone to their heads.protest6wz.gif

Sounds good, PM sent!

event.png

"Every day we are apart brings us one day closer to being together"

Timeline

HI Fellow VJers. My fiancee Silmara was approved this morning for a K-1 visa at the US consulate in Rio de Janeiro. I am in a state of happy shock. The last 2 weeks have been very busy and stressful because we only received notice of the interview date 15 days ago. My fiancee had to get a medical exam and the results within this time plus make reservations to travel (air/hotel) from SP to Rio. Not to mention the 2 Atestado de Antecedentes documents that were supposedly available online but in reality she had to go to the Federal Police station twice to get one of them. All of this while working 10 hour days. Yikes!! Anyway it was worth it. My advice is to make an appointment for a medical exam as soon as you receive word that the NVC has sent your petition to the consulate in Rio so as not to experience the stress levels that we did with such short notice. By some miracle (actually many mini miracles and generous friends) it all worked out. We will post a review in the Embassy section when she returns to SP. Best wishes to ALL. dancin5hr.gif

First of all, congrats on the visa! :)

But I have a few questions if you don't mind...just curious, why did your fiancee did the interview in Rio if she's from SP and there's a consulate there?

And did she see a doctor in rio or sp? Do you know the name of the doc?

I'm still waiting for my NOA2, but I live in SP.

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.