c.ortiz

I-864 Evidence of assets for spouse visa, London DCF

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Does anyone know if print-outs of my most recent bank statements via online access would suffice as evidence of assets? I read through the I-864 instructions as it says nothing about what they consider evidence, except when it comes to real estate. I've read on some much older posts that they want a year's worth of statements, or even a letter from your bank manager, but see nothing about that recently. Anyone have expereince or knowledge about this?

All they say about original documents is "unless specifically required" for certain docs you can submit copies.

Thanks.

-------------------

03 Oct. 2012: I-130 sent

15 Oct. 2012: Petition filed (and credit card charged $420)

26 Oct. 2012: Petition approved

02 Nov. 2012: Notice of Approval of Relative Immigrant Visa Petition received (dated 31 Oct.)

12 Nov. 2012: Case number letter received

You only need to show proof of asset if your income is below the poverty guideline to support a household.

K1 Timeline

02-28-11 I-29F SENT

06-01-11 PETITION APPROVED

07-15-11 VISA APPROVED

AOS Timeline

03-02-12 I-485 SENT

05-22-12 INTERVIEW APPROVED

ROC Timeline

04-18-14 I-751 SENT

07-29-14 APPROVED

Naturalization Timeline

06-29-16 N400 SENT

08-02-16 BIOMETRICS

10-12-16 INTERVIEW

Timeline

Yes, I realize that... which is why I asked the question. I will need to show proof of assets because my UK job will end when I move back to the US, and I don't have a job lined up there.

-------------------

02 Nov. 2012: Notice of Approval of Relative Immigrant Visa Petition received (dated 31 Oct.)

I am preparing for the interview in London at the moment as well (DCF) and I have the same problem that you have. I organised a letter from my bank stating the details of my ISA savings and of my life insurance account (that also counts as asset!!!) and the value of them both if they were to be surrendered within 1 year (which is what the embassy will look at). That value you use as your assets.

Bank Statements are a bit useless because someone could have put some money into your account to qualify for the Affidavit and then once youre approved you pay it back.

I don't know how strict they will be in London, I hope not very much because I don't have any US income, I am self employed since earlier this year and will use this income plus my assets to qualify. I have heard of a similar case where the USC went through the DCF route too and was a self employed web designer in the UK and his wife had some assets to make up for the income difference. They got approved too.

when is your interview?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

It should be fine, as long as the online statements show your name/ address as well. Mine only show transactions, without my details, so it could be anyone's account.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

Interview in about 2 weeks. I guess bringing statements over the past year, or even two, would show I've had the assets for a long time. I have US savings and stocks which i've had for more than 10 years. Still, it would be good to know for sure, if anyone out there has direct experience.... Odd that the embassy doesn't provide guidelines for this.

-------------------

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I don't have anything to add, but I think I'm in the same position as you, if you are the UK beneficiary? My US fiance is on benefits so his income alone is insufficent for the i134 and the 1864 (AOS) requirements.

My plan is to provide 2 sets of printouts of my assets (and have them notarised) a few months apart, along with 2 printouts of my company bank account showing where the money is coming from (I'm self employed). I get the impression that the London embassy allows beneficiaries to self-sponsor, my plan is to provide the i864 form at the interview, even though it's not officially required until the AOS stage.

Would really welcome any confirmation that this approach will work - and in general, any information about how the London embassy treats fiances who are effectively self-sponsoring.

Thanks!

Timeline

I'm the sponsor, actually. In your case, Portlandia, I don't see a problem with self-sponsoring since there's a place to add your assets on the I-864. And yes, the correct procedure is to take the i-864 and all supporting docs with you to the interview, according to the Documents Required for Interview page http://london.usembassy.gov/application_documents.html

-------------------

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.