captain_america

Medical Exam not yet complete - Interview with Embassy on Monday - HELP

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We need help with this question. We have our interview scheduled with the embassy on June 3rd. We went to have her medical exam done, however the OBGYN was not in to do the full exam, so they told us to come back Monday. Monday is the date of our Interview. The reason her medical exam was not yet completed was because her son became sick with Dengue and then complicated it into Bilateral Pneumonia and she needed to take care of her son.

Does anyone have any advice what to do? Should we still go to the interview on Monday and explain the situation to them? Is it possible they will complete the interview and we will just need to go to ST. LUKES and then return to the embassy with our documents for them to process at the embassy? I tried to call the Embassy to reschedule but they told us it was not possible to reschedule so near to the interview date.

I am worried that if we push this back any farther it will have a huge impact on my business in the US. I have a wedding this next Sunday and if I do not show to photograph it - it may be very detrimental to my business.

Anyone have any advice?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

1. go to the interview without completing the medical exam and

2. expect to get a 221g about the medical exam and

3. ask for a pass to return to the embassy for tuesday and wednesday (both days, just in case) and

4. go back to the medical place after the interview is finished and

5. finish up with the medical and

6. hand carry the medical stuff into the IV unit, using the pass obtained back on step 3.

That's about all I can think of, for now.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

maybe. depends ..

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

3. ask for a pass to return to the embassy for tuesday and wednesday (both days, just in case) and

6. hand carry the medical stuff into the IV unit, using the pass obtained back on step 3.

Thank you for responding. Will this cause a huge delay in our Visa processing?

Thank you for responding. Will this cause a huge delay in our Visa processing?

ok. What would happen if we didn't go to the interview and just finished the exam and then called to reschedule the interview? Would that cause an even longer delay?

USEM will not start interview without the results and clearance from SLEC. Call them to reschedule to later date

K1
05/22/12 - Mailed I-129F
08/17/12 - Approved I-129F NOA2 (85 days)
11/19/12 - Approved Visa!! (179 days)
12/01/12 - POE Honolulu, HI
12/21/12 - Wedding Day!
AOS, EAD and AP
01/05/13 - Mailed I-485, I-765 and I-131
01/09/13 - USCIS accepted case and received text
01/11/13 - Cashed check
01/08/13 - Received NOA1
01/18/13 - Received Biometrics Appointment Notice
01/22/13 - Early Biometrics Walk-in (scheduled Feb 7)
01/27/13 - We're pregnant!!
02/04/13 - Received Appointment Notice
03/04/13 - Approved EAD and AP (58 days)
03/12/13 - Received EAD and AP combo card
03/12/13 - Interview and Approved GC (63 days)
03/20/13 - Received Green Card

10/3/13 - Baby #1 arrived

2/17/14 - Pregnant again! LOL

10/20/14 - Baby #2 arrived
ROC
01/09/15 - Mailed I-751

01/12/15 - NOA

01/16/15 - Received NOA Letter

01/20/15 - Mailed DMV 1yr Extension

02/05/15 - Received Biometrics Letter

02/09/15 - Early Bio (Walk-IN)

02/19/15 - Biometrics Appointment

06/15/15 - Approved
06/15/15 - Card Ordered and Mailed

08/22/15 - Card Received

N-400 on or after 12/15/15

and they'll live happily ever, ever after...
Relationship Journey: Our pursuit to happiness

Timeline

USEM will not start interview without the results and clearance from SLEC. Call them to reschedule to later date

When I asked them to reschedule on the phone they told me they could not reschedule it. Is there a way for them for an emergency interview based on my fear of what will happen to my business?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Fiji
Timeline

When I asked them to reschedule on the phone they told me they could not reschedule it. Is there a way for them for an emergency interview based on my fear of what will happen to my business?

......... listen to darnell

go for the 221g and return visit within two days and your done

personally I wouldn't flake out on an appointment with the embassy for my visa

8/16/2012 I-129F NOA1
11/8/2012 Married
1/3/2013 I-129F cancelled
1/29/2013 withdrawal notice received
2/5/2013 I-130 NOA1 with error on wife's name
Case status not available
2/5/2013 Unable to generate service request

3/13/2013 transferred to local office
3/26/2013 Service request generated
4/12/2013 Infopass, file in workflow March 28
4/19/2013 Case status available - APPROVED!

Detour to the NVC via NRC

For information on my detour and the steps I took to free my petition, check
"about me"

NVC

6/7/2013 NVC logs file as received

6/11/2013 Case number and IIN assigned

6/12/2013 DS-3032 emailed

6/13/21013 AOS paid

6/14/2013 DS-3032 emailed attention superuser (stupid me)

6/23/2013 DS-3032 emailed attention supervisor

6/24/2013 DS-3032 accepted

6/25/2013 IV bill generated and paid

07/06/2013 IV & AOS sent; 07/11/2013 NVC logs received

07/30/2013 IV Accepted; AOS Checklist

08/01/2013 AOS Checklist received

08/02/2013 AOS resent; 08/07/2013 NVC logs received

08/28/2013 Case Complete

09/10/2013 Interview date assigned

Embassy

08/14/2013 Medical; 08/19/2013 Medical Ready

08/07/2013 Police cert ordered (Fiji delivers straight to the embassy)

10/02/2013 Interview

xx/xx/2013 Visa in Hand

xx/xx/2013 POE Los Angeles International Airport

I know someone who had her interview last May 6 and her papers are still under administrative review until now. Its almost a month without visa. St. Lukes requires medical exam one week prior to interview. They shall be the one who will forward the results to US embassy. She will have a passport with two stamps from St. Lukes if she is done with the medicals, in that way they will know your done with the procedure.

Follow Darnell, go to interview and have 221g and wait for administrative review to finished.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I had the same situation like your fiance before. But I still went to my interview without my medical exam result. The embassy don't want hear any reason. You are to close with the date of your fiance imterview, so there is no way turning back. It will be ok. Trust me.

I had my interview really quick and they only gave me 221g form, they ask for my medical exam and I my passport name with my birth certificate is not the same, so I have to fix them. 3 days after the interview I went back to the embassy and bring my medical exam result and my passport. And they gave me white paper with a date when I can get my passport with my visa :)

Trust me, it will be ok. What they need is the proof of your relationship and they need evidence that you can support them if your fiance and her child come to US :) They will delay the process, but at least when she bring her medical exam, they will make the visa as soon as possible.

Never give up for the one you love :)

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Captain_America - What news?

• 1 month later...

thanks this will also applied to us, we're done with the interview but need to go back because we have sexual contact on my "unsafe days" and can't given a shot.

Our Journey
Service Center : California Service Center
Consulate : Manila, Philippines
2006-02-14: Marriage

IR 1 VISA PETITION

2012-09-19: I-130 Sent
2012-09-24: I-130 NOA1
2012-09-28: Transfer Notice to Lee's Summit, Mo.
2012-12-03: APPROVED in 73 days from our NOA1 date!

2012-12-11: USCIS Shipped approved case to NVC
2012-12-18: NVC Received

dec 2012- June 2013 waiting time for my child's IR2 to catch up! (6months) so we can go medical and interview together

2013-07-11: Medical Exam Day

2013-07-19: Medical Exam-Personal Evaluation (reason anxiety meds taken) cancelled my 18th interview

2013-07-30 morning: Interview Day- Passed but waiting for medical release

2013-07-30 afternoon: Medical Exam Day - Immunization

2013-08-02 Purchase Ticket

2013-08-05 https://ceac.state.gov/CEAC/ status : ISSUED

2013-08-07: Visa Received
2013-09-10: POE Dallas, Texas

IR 2 VISA PETITION
2013-02-11: I-130 Sent
2013-04-03: I-130 NOA2 APPROVED in 51 days from our NOA date

2013-06-07: Both IR1/IR2 case AOS/IV BILL shows Paid

2013-06-17: Schedule interview online

2013-06-19: USEM Case Received
2013-06-24: Received email from USEM Case Received
2013-07-11: Medical Exam Day-no tst need to go back on the ff day

2013-07-15: Medical Exam Day- tst result (-) immunization

2013-07-18: Interview Day

2013-xx-xx: Visa Received
2013-09-10: POE Dallas, Texas

(USCIS/NVC letters took an average of 50 calendar days to arrive in the Philippines so we don't rely on letters, thanks God for internet and VJ)

UlsIp8.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.