VicandMarilyn

What to send to your fiance(e) once the I-129F is approved?

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

2. Send all originals of the documentary proof that you submitted for the I-129F to your fiancé for their interview at the embassy.

What exactly do they want? I guess all I can send is original boarding passes and hotel receipts? I already sent them the original photos? I can send them my passport, so...any help as to what they are going to look or ask for?

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Do not send your passport. Send copys of pages of stamps for travel and the biographical page but not the actual passport. That is a really bad idea.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Fiji
Timeline

2. Send all originals of the documentary proof that you submitted for the I-129F to your fiancé for their interview at the embassy.

What exactly do they want? I guess all I can send is original boarding passes and hotel receipts? I already sent them the original photos? I can send them my passport, so...any help as to what they are going to look or ask for?

Thanks

when referring to originals, they are talking about items like birth certificates and the like.

if originals are brought to the interview, make sure there are copies as well, the copies will be retained and originals returned

8/16/2012 I-129F NOA1
11/8/2012 Married
1/3/2013 I-129F cancelled
1/29/2013 withdrawal notice received
2/5/2013 I-130 NOA1 with error on wife's name
Case status not available
2/5/2013 Unable to generate service request

3/13/2013 transferred to local office
3/26/2013 Service request generated
4/12/2013 Infopass, file in workflow March 28
4/19/2013 Case status available - APPROVED!

Detour to the NVC via NRC

For information on my detour and the steps I took to free my petition, check
"about me"

NVC

6/7/2013 NVC logs file as received

6/11/2013 Case number and IIN assigned

6/12/2013 DS-3032 emailed

6/13/21013 AOS paid

6/14/2013 DS-3032 emailed attention superuser (stupid me)

6/23/2013 DS-3032 emailed attention supervisor

6/24/2013 DS-3032 accepted

6/25/2013 IV bill generated and paid

07/06/2013 IV & AOS sent; 07/11/2013 NVC logs received

07/30/2013 IV Accepted; AOS Checklist

08/01/2013 AOS Checklist received

08/02/2013 AOS resent; 08/07/2013 NVC logs received

08/28/2013 Case Complete

09/10/2013 Interview date assigned

Embassy

08/14/2013 Medical; 08/19/2013 Medical Ready

08/07/2013 Police cert ordered (Fiji delivers straight to the embassy)

10/02/2013 Interview

xx/xx/2013 Visa in Hand

xx/xx/2013 POE Los Angeles International Airport

when referring to originals, they are talking about items like birth certificates and the like.

if originals are brought to the interview, make sure there are copies as well, the copies will be retained and originals returned

Did I read correctly that you, the petitioner, is supposed to send her your orignal birth certificate?

barata-gif-3.gif

I don't think you should send your ORIGINAL birth cert in the mail

Mail get lost sometimes. Safer not to do that unless you are meeting in person

-I am the Beneficiary-
event.png

K1 (I-129F) petition filed in August 2013 (Approved Feb 20th 2014)
13th May 2014: AOS (I-485) & EAD/AP combo card
21st May 2014: NOA 1 and biometric letter
11th June 2014: biometric appointment
13th June 2014: RFE received via mail
16th June 2014: replied to RFE
6th August 2014: EAD Approved, AP still in initial review
12th August 2014: got tracking number for EAD
( ) August 2014: Received EAD (I forgot what date I got them but I did receive them less than 5 days from the 12th)
10th September 2014: Interview Waiver received (I wished I was interviewed)
April 23, 2015, we registered your permanent resident status and mailed you a Welcome Notice

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Fiji
Timeline

Did I read correctly that you, the petitioner, is supposed to send her your orignal birth certificate?

no the petitioner is pretty much done at this point other than the 134 docs

the originals I am referring to would be your fiancee's

What did you use to prove that you met in person within the last 2 years?

a quality sampling of events.. pictures especially, copies of boarding passes and/or passport stamps to prove travel... anything you can come up with, but you don't need to go crazy frontloading unless you are from a high fraud country

8/16/2012 I-129F NOA1
11/8/2012 Married
1/3/2013 I-129F cancelled
1/29/2013 withdrawal notice received
2/5/2013 I-130 NOA1 with error on wife's name
Case status not available
2/5/2013 Unable to generate service request

3/13/2013 transferred to local office
3/26/2013 Service request generated
4/12/2013 Infopass, file in workflow March 28
4/19/2013 Case status available - APPROVED!

Detour to the NVC via NRC

For information on my detour and the steps I took to free my petition, check
"about me"

NVC

6/7/2013 NVC logs file as received

6/11/2013 Case number and IIN assigned

6/12/2013 DS-3032 emailed

6/13/21013 AOS paid

6/14/2013 DS-3032 emailed attention superuser (stupid me)

6/23/2013 DS-3032 emailed attention supervisor

6/24/2013 DS-3032 accepted

6/25/2013 IV bill generated and paid

07/06/2013 IV & AOS sent; 07/11/2013 NVC logs received

07/30/2013 IV Accepted; AOS Checklist

08/01/2013 AOS Checklist received

08/02/2013 AOS resent; 08/07/2013 NVC logs received

08/28/2013 Case Complete

09/10/2013 Interview date assigned

Embassy

08/14/2013 Medical; 08/19/2013 Medical Ready

08/07/2013 Police cert ordered (Fiji delivers straight to the embassy)

10/02/2013 Interview

xx/xx/2013 Visa in Hand

xx/xx/2013 POE Los Angeles International Airport

Timeline

I don't think you should send your ORIGINAL birth cert in the mail

Mail get lost sometimes. Safer not to do that unless you are meeting in person

I'm going to send my original BC, along with a copy, I have three. dancin5hr.gif

Thanks for the info, ill send boarding passes, pics and hotel receipts...

Thanks

Timeline

I'm going to send my original BC, along with a copy, I have three. dancin5hr.gif

Thanks

Don't forget to include ITR, W2, 1040, PAYSTUB / BANK STATEMNET and I-134 AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT - must be original signed from the petitioner. If you are divorced then include a copy of it.

Tax transrcipts are better than tax returns - order them here:

http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Order-a-Transcript

Depends on the consultate how many years you need. For instance, the Uk only needs the most recent year. 2012 should be ready, as long as you filed on time!

Timeline

Thanks

Don't forget to include ITR, W2, 1040, PAYSTUB / BANK STATEMNET and I-134 AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT - must be original signed from the petitioner. If you are divorced then include a copy of it.

Tax transrcipts are better than tax returns - order them here:

http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Order-a-Transcript

Depends on the consultate how many years you need. For instance, the Uk only needs the most recent year. 2012 should be ready, as long as you filed on time!

Thank you, I got them already...

I'm so thankful I found this site, its been such a help during this process :)

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks

Your reading that from the GUIDES. I think that particular info in the guides is such a misleading pile of manure. The embassy wants NONE of that information from the I-129F, they have your complete petition file (from USCIS) sitting there in front of them. Everything the embassy requires is listed in their INSTRUCTIONS LETTER .

Read the instructions letter I provided a link to at the very least.

You could attach a copy of your G-325A to an email for your fiancée so she has information about you and your family which will help for CFO. CFO will want a copy of the bio page of your passport and other information.

For much more information and details, there is a link to the K-1 process in my signature below in this post.

Pop down to the Philippine forum as your questions are related to the process there in Manila.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Thanks

When that time comes around to send in such things . I am in the process of getting certified copies of my birth and divorce decree . Also copies from the IRS of my tax returns plus copies from my job of W2's . This way I will have my originals and be able to send in certified copies as well . For plane tickets if your afraid to send in originals you can call the airlines . I am going to try that to see if they can mail a letter to confirm I checked in to my flights and landed at my final destination .

If you really need to send in originals I will let someone with more experience share that answer . However this is my plan to send my fiancee copies and certified copies .

Filed: Timeline

Use this guide, http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

What to send to your fiance(e) once the I-129F is approved (Receive NOA2):

1. A copy of the entire I-129F package (that you made when you sent the petition in) and a copy of information that you sent back due to an RFE (if you received one).

2. Send all originals of the documentary proof that you submitted for the I-129F to your fiance(e) for their interview at the embassy.

3. Send an original letter affirming your desire to marry your fiance(e) and your continued support of the K-1 Visa. Sign and date the form. This will be similar to the letter you provided with the I-129F, but dated much closer to the interview (it will have most likely been several months since you submitted your I-129F).

4. I-134 Affidavit of Support form. Ensure it is signed, with all required supporting evidence. Begin collecting the required information ahead of time, as it can often take several weeks to collect it all.

5. You will likely need at a minimum (for the above form) two to three of your most recent pay stubs and a signed letter from your employer listing you job title, start date, your salary, and the status (full-time) of your position. Begin collecting these ASAP after your NOA2 arrives. You will also probably want to include other evidence such as your banking information and other assets as required by the I-134. Specifically you will need at least 2 of the 4 options mentioned in Section II-Supporting Evidence of the I-134. See this FAQ for more tips and ueful information on the Affidavit of Support Form.

6. A copy of the NOA2 that you received in the mail.

7. Proof of your ongoing relationship. This needs to be taken to the interview! Include photos, travel documents, emails, etc from between the time you filed and present (NOA1 date-now).

Examples: Copies of land line and cell phone bills, appropriate emails and letters you have sent including the stamps on envelopes (to document the date they were sent), and other written documentary proof. Provide a reasonable amount; two to four of each type. Pick a range of dates up to and including the present. You can also include a copy of engagement ring receipt (this is something that is a big optional - do not worry if you do not have a ring yet!)

Edited by Sirdaniel42

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.