25 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Does your case show up at all in the USCIS case status check? If it doesn't you might be in the same situation we were in. Ours never showed up in the case status check site.

After a little more than 2 months form our NOA1, we asked the USCIS reps about our case and they were telling us the same thing they were telling you. We never knew and they never told us it was transferred to the local office.

When we got desperate, we called a number we found of an adoption area of NBC in a google search and asked to speak with a supervisor and begged him to look up our case. He looked it up and he told us it was sent to our local field office. Mind you, nobody had told us about this ever before.

We then made an InfoPass appointment to our local field office and found out that our case was closed and was sent to archives without updating the USCIS system and without any correspondence to us! The lady at the field office told us that this was a big mix-up and that she would not know what the decision was until she recalls the record form archives, opens it and looks at it. She said there is a possibility that it could have been approved too. She took down our number to call us but has yet to call us. But what we then did was called NVC and gave them our case number to check to see if they've received anything from USCIS. We were very surprised to hear that NVC had received it and was processing it without our knowledge! USCIS never sent us any correspondence after the NOA1 and the status check still says case not found. NVC told us USCIS approved our case in less than 2 months. We're now going thru NVC processing.

I hope your case is similar and it's just a big mix-up.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Does your case show up at all in the USCIS case status check? If it doesn't you might be in the same situation we were in. Ours never showed up in the case status check site.
After a little more than 2 months form our NOA1, we asked the USCIS reps about our case and they were telling us the same thing they were telling you. We never knew and they never told us it was transferred to the local office.
When we got desperate, we called a number we found of an adoption area of NBC in a google search and asked to speak with a supervisor and begged him to look up our case. He looked it up and he told us it was sent to our local field office. Mind you, nobody had told us about this ever before.
We then made an InfoPass appointment to our local field office and found out that our case was closed and was sent to archives without updating the USCIS system and without any correspondence to us! The lady at the field office told us that this was a big mix-up and that she would not know what the decision was until she recalls the record form archives, opens it and looks at it. She said there is a possibility that it could have been approved too. She took down our number to call us but has yet to call us. But what we then did was called NVC and gave them our case number to check to see if they've received anything from USCIS. We were very surprised to hear that NVC had received it and was processing it without our knowledge! USCIS never sent us any correspondence after the NOA1 and the status check still says case not found. NVC told us USCIS approved our case in less than 2 months. We're now going thru NVC processing.
I hope your case is similar and it's just a big mix-up.

Hi,

I have some problem. can you give me that NBC Phone #

USCIS

3/5/13 - Sent I-130 (Phenix Lockbox) UPS Overnight

3/11/13 - Cleared the check

3/19/13 - NOA1 hard copies received, Priority Date 3/6/13 (MSC)

6/10/13 - Case was Touched

6/19/13 - call from senator office

7/8/13 - Case show up online as Initial Review for the first time

10/24/13 - Case transferred email (transferred to other USCIS office)

10/25/13 - Case transferred email (transferred to local USCIS office)

10/28/13 - Hard Copy transferred mail (CSC)

10/30/13 - Case update email (transferred and is now being processed)

11/4/13 - Case was Touched

11/22/13 - Received NOA2 via text/email (CSC) Moving on to NVC

11/29/13 - Received NOA2 Hard copy mail

NVC

12/2/13 - NVC Received file (at dock)

12/6/13 - NVC Received file (in building)

12/19/13 - Enter into Computer

12/20/13 - NVC Case & Invoice # assigned (Call NVC)

12/31/13 - DS-261 Available & Submitted (AOS, IV fee not available)

01/02/14 - AOS Bill Available & Paid

​01/06/14 - AOS Shows as 'PAID'

01/06/14 - Sent I-864 Package (Delivered on 1/7/14)

01/09/14 - NVC Scanned The I-864

01/13/14 - IV Bill Available & Paid

01/15/14 - IV Shows as 'PAID'

01/15/14 - DS-260 Available & Submitted

01/15/14 - Sent IV Package (Delivered on 1/16/14)

01/17/14 - NVC Scanned The IV Package

01/29/14 - Call NVC find out got Checklist ( they wanted job letter) I-864 is OK

01/30/14 - Received Checklist via email (said reviewed Ds-260 and instructed me to send in civil documents).

( Same email instructed me to submit job letter)

01/30/14 - Send Checklist(job letter)-( Delivered on 1/31/14)

02/03/14 - NVC scanned the checklist

02/07/14 - civil document review and accepted

02/24/14 - Case Complete

-------------------------------------------------------------------

02/28/14 - Received P4 Eamil

04/28/14 - Interview(Mumbai)

05/13/14 - POE - San francisco

Timeline

Timeline

True. That's the official number for USCIS National Customer Service Center. But, in our case, they kept giving us the "you're still within the processing time period" line and even specifically told us the case was not sent to a local office. So, we wanted to call any number in NBC directly and find out about our case. It worked in our case.

The number to call is on your Notice of Action letter.

There's no reason for all of that.

Here's the number from the email: 1-800-375-5283.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

hey aptiger, let me know if u call this phn number and if thy r willing to give any info. I will call soon.

Hi,

I have some problem. can you give me that NBC Phone #

Mar 07, 2013 : NOA 1

Nov 19, 2013 : Request for Evidence mail received

Nov 25, 2013 : Documents send in response to RFE

Dec 03, 2013 : NOA 2 ( I 130 approved)

Dec 09, 2013 : Case reached NVC

Jan 08, 2014 : NVC assigned Case Number

Jan 15, 2014 : Paid I 864 (AOS) bill online

Jan 16, 2014 : Completed DS 261 (choice of agent) online

Jan 21, 2014 : Express mailed AOS package

Jan 27, 2014 : Paid DS 260 bill online

Jan 29, 2014 : Express mailed DS 260 civil docs

Jan 29, 2014 : Submitted DS 260 online

Feb 13, 2014 : Received False checklist for civil docs by email

Feb 24, 2014 : Case Complete

April 14, 2014 : Interview. YAY!!!

We sent our file on December 24 , patiently wait 5 months and started calling from June and nothing.. couldnt get any info ..

its gonna be 6 months soon

Just im wondering how they can approve 2013 filers while 2012 filers are pending.. it should be waiting line in all these processing.

Timeline

We sent our file on December 24 , patiently wait 5 months and started calling from June and nothing.. couldnt get any info ..

its gonna be 6 months soon

Just im wondering how they can approve 2013 filers while 2012 filers are pending.. it should be waiting line in all these processing.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/410028-how-petitioners-think-their-papers-are-filed/

But in all seriousness.

Petitions are being sent all over the US to different local field offices.

There isn't some magical system where they wait for one local field office to complete old petitions before they can complete theirs just because they have less people that file in that location.

Some people work faster.

Some people work slower.

Some petitions have names that bring up flags

Some people lost paperwork.

One word to sum it all up = Humans

oh and timeline.gif

Edited by KDH

oldlady.gif

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/410028-how-petitioners-think-their-papers-are-filed/

But in all seriousness.

Petitions are being sent all over the US to different local field offices.

There isn't some magical system where they wait for one local field office to complete old petitions before they can complete theirs just because they have less people that file in that location.

Some people work faster.

Some people work slower.

Some petitions have names that bring up flags

Some people lost paperwork.

One word to sum it all up = Humans

oh and timeline.gif

Actually i am talking about local field offices either because we can see here, some petitioners from 2013 already got approved from same field office while 2012 petitions have not been touched yet. and some files never send to local offices.

Anyway nobody knows their working system

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.