goodlucklife

Transferred file from vsc to Texas got touched today!!!!!!

2,730 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

Yea the UK ones are smaller and I didnt realise when i sent the petition! Oh well we will have to wait for the RFE!

I wont be visiting the states to take the smaller ones (so annoying) so i will need to try to find a place that does them here!

Good luck to you too! :)

It just so happen that i was there when we realized about it so we did it but like queenofblades say ull have to find some place over there in the UK. It wont be difficult!

If i get my rfe before you i will keep you posted on how long it takes to get the approval back!

:-)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Where do you guys see anything that makes you worry you'll get an RFE for passport photo size? Here's what it says on the gov't website about passport photos: http://travel.state.gov/visa/visaphotoreq/visaphotoreq_5334.html

It says nothing about the actual size of the photograph, just the proportions of the head, etc... Are you maybe confusing it with the section where it says what type of photos are required for the DS-156? That's only for the photos the fiance actually has to bring to the interview, not what's submitted with the I-129F. We submitted a standard European passport picture (a little smaller than the US size), but I measured his head in the picture according to what the website says, and it looks like it meets the requirements to me... For the picture he needs to bring to the embassy, he'll have to have a different size. If you've found something on VJ that refutes what I have understood, please let me know, because now I'm worried!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Just checked and now both the petition right before mine and the petition right after mine are approved and I'm still stuck at Initial Review! So annoying!

1/4/13 - I129-F Sent | 1/8/13 - Received by USCIS
1/10/13 - NOA1 to VSC | 1/11/13 - Text/Email | 1/17/13 - Hard Copy Received
1/16/13 - Alien Registration Number changed
5/24/13 or 5/29/13 - Case Transferred to TSC
7/2/13 - NOA2 from TSC! (173 days from NOA1) | 7/6/13 - Hard Copy Received
7/18/13 - Shipped to NVC | 7/26/13 - Received at NVC and case number assigned
7/29/13 - In transit to consulate | 7/31/13 - Received by consulate
8/20/13 - Medical - Passed | 8/21/13 - Interview - Approved!
8/28/13 - Passport with visa ready to pickup from courier
10/17/13 - POE - JFK
10/28/13 - Applied for SSN and marriage license | 11/2/13 - SS card received
11/21/13 - Wedding

12/30/13 - I485/I765/I131 Sent | 1/2/14 - Received by USCIS
1/3/14 - NOA1 to NBC | 1/16/14 - Hard Copy Received
2/4/14 - Biometrics
3/7/14 - AP and EAD approved!
3/11/14 - AP/EAD card mailed | 3/14/14 - Received
4/10/14 - Interview Waiver letter
6/16/14 - Approved! | 6/21/14 - GC Received

5/2/16 - I-751 Sent | 5/5/16 - Received by USCIS
5/6/16 - NOA1 to VSC
6/14/16 - Biometrics

4/19/17 - Approved! | 4/22/17 - Letter received | 5/4/17 - GC Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Just checked and now both the petition right before mine and the petition right after mine are approved and I'm still stuck at Initial Review! So annoying!

I don't think they approve some on weekend so let us hope for next week. Can't even concentrate on my CPA upcoming exam.

It's the same with us. We have the same NOA1 date.

Where do you guys see anything that makes you worry you'll get an RFE for passport photo size? Here's what it says on the gov't website about passport photos: http://travel.state.gov/visa/visaphotoreq/visaphotoreq_5334.html

It says nothing about the actual size of the photograph, just the proportions of the head, etc... Are you maybe confusing it with the section where it says what type of photos are required for the DS-156? That's only for the photos the fiance actually has to bring to the interview, not what's submitted with the I-129F. We submitted a standard European passport picture (a little smaller than the US size), but I measured his head in the picture according to what the website says, and it looks like it meets the requirements to me... For the picture he needs to bring to the embassy, he'll have to have a different size. If you've found something on VJ that refutes what I have understood, please let me know, because now I'm worried!

http://travel.state.gov/visa/visaphotoreq/visaphotoreq_5334.html

The VJ guide says to send photos in to those specifications.

AOS posted - 02/18/2014

NOA1 - 03/04/2014
Biometrics - 03/28/2014
EAD in post - 5/5/2014

EAD in hand - 5/10/2014
Interview waiver letter received - 6/9/2014

Card production notice - 1/10/2015

ROC mailed - 10/11/2016

ROC received at CSC - 10/18/2016

Interview Notice Received - 3/30/2017

Timeline

Hi everybody!!

So im in here udating website to check my case status and here it is what it says:

Server is currently unavailable or down for maintenance

Oh lorrrrdddd!!!! Last thing we need! LOL! hope it gets fixed pretty quick, even tho i know is nothing to check during weekends but u know i was just trying to see if magic happened...

As far as pics (sek298), at first i thought the samr thing u said but then checking at that link that queenofblades pasted it made me doubt... So idk... Just in case you guys should go ahead and take the bigger ones and have them ready to send them right away after getting rfe (if u guys get it) (hope not). As i said in another post, i know a girl that had to send them back (when she thought that they did it correctly when they send them at first) and it "only" toke them 10 more days (wich right now for us it could be and eternity) to get the approval back...

They were not ready for the rfe so they had to take the pics, she had to send them to her fiancee in the states and then he sent them so maybe if we are ready for the worst to happen it wont take that long...

I will cross our fingers for all of us!!!

Best of luck! Lets keep in touch!

Yea i just saw that too while trying to update my address, it says it will be fixed by 6PM eastern time

Our Story AoS
[March 2012] Met online on Christian Mingle [November 27th 2013] AoS sent
[June 25th 2012] Met in Person in London!
[August 2012] Steve visits me again in the Uk for our second meeting for just one weekend! [March 6th 2014] AoS Interview - Passed
[september 2012] My first trip to America to visit the love of my life
[November 2012] I travel to America for my first ever thanksgiving with Steves family!
[December 2012] Steve comes to the Uk to spend xmas with my family!
( heart.gif February 15th 2013 heart.gif ) He pops the question in Kensington, London...and I say yes!

K1

[January 15th 2013) I-129f SENT!
[January 24th 2013] NOA1
[July 08th 2013]- NOA2 (
approved 165 Days)
[July 18th 2013] Case forwarded to NVC

[July 26th 2013] We call DoS and are finally given our case # - I book medical immediatly

[July 29th 2013] Case forwarded to US Embassy, London
[August 8th 2013] Packet 3 sent (before received)

[August 9th 2013] Packet 3 received
[August 13th 2013] Medical

[August 16th 2013] CEAC updates - London logs my medical results

[August 20th 2013] - CEAC update - London logs my packet 3

[August 23rd 2013] I call DoS and they tell me my interview date, (2 weeks since I sent ds-2001)

[August 27th 2013 CEAC update - London dispatches packet 4]

[August 29th 2013] Packet 4 received
[september 24th 2013] Interview -
Refused due to passport and birth certificate condition

[september 26th 2013] Emergency appt at HM Passport Office London - New Passport and Birth Certificate in hand
[september 30th 2013] DX collects passport and birth certificate

[October 3rd] - Docs delivered to Embassy

[October 10th] - London Approves and Issues our Visa!!

[October 16th 2013] 4.00pm - Visa in my hand, 11pm POE -Newark

[October 27th 2013] Wedding wub.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

http://travel.state.gov/visa/visaphotoreq/visaphotoreq_5334.html

The VJ guide says to send photos in to those specifications.

QueenofBlades, that's the same link I posted. It does not say that the passport photos have to be American size, just that they have to have the right ratio (the head has to be a certain size, etc.). It does say that you need 2' x 2' photos (American size) for the DS-156, meaning you need to bring them to the embassy/consulate for the interview. Here's a VJ forum on the subject: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/304727-uk-sized-passport-photo-for-k1/

Here visa was approved without RFE.

Hi everybody!!

So im in here udating website to check my case status and here it is what it says:

Server is currently unavailable or down for maintenance

Oh lorrrrdddd!!!! Last thing we need! LOL! hope it gets fixed pretty quick, even tho i know is nothing to check during weekends but u know i was just trying to see if magic happened...

As far as pics (sek298), at first i thought the samr thing u said but then checking at that link that queenofblades pasted it made me doubt... So idk... Just in case you guys should go ahead and take the bigger ones and have them ready to send them right away after getting rfe (if u guys get it) (hope not). As i said in another post, i know a girl that had to send them back (when she thought that they did it correctly when they send them at first) and it "only" toke them 10 more days (wich right now for us it could be and eternity) to get the approval back...

They were not ready for the rfe so they had to take the pics, she had to send them to her fiancee in the states and then he sent them so maybe if we are ready for the worst to happen it wont take that long...

I will cross our fingers for all of us!!!

Best of luck! Lets keep in touch!

Strictly4theluv, you're always so positive. I'm jealous of your optimism. I will definitely keep my fingers crossed for you guys, and for me, haha.

I think what I will do is just have him take a picture of himself and get it printed here, instead of waiting for him to mail it (just in case). When I applied for a tourist visa to china, I spent $10 to get "passport pictures" taken by a teenager at a photo store and the Chinese embassy wouldn't accept them because the photo quality was so bad. Then, I had a friend take my picture against a white background, uploaded it to this site to make sure the proportions were right: http://www.epassportphoto.com/ and had them printed myself, and they were accepted. So, if anyone else is worried about it and doesn't want to wait for them to get mailed, that's another option.

Timeline

QueenofBlades, that's the same link I posted. It does not say that the passport photos have to be American size, just that they have to have the right ratio (the head has to be a certain size, etc.). It does say that you need 2' x 2' photos (American size) for the DS-156, meaning you need to bring them to the embassy/consulate for the interview. Here's a VJ forum on the subject: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/304727-uk-sized-passport-photo-for-k1/

Here visa was approved without RFE.

Strictly4theluv, you're always so positive. I'm jealous of your optimism. I will definitely keep my fingers crossed for you guys, and for me, haha.

I think what I will do is just have him take a picture of himself and get it printed here, instead of waiting for him to mail it (just in case). When I applied for a tourist visa to china, I spent $10 to get "passport pictures" taken by a teenager at a photo store and the Chinese embassy wouldn't accept them because the photo quality was so bad. Then, I had a friend take my picture against a white background, uploaded it to this site to make sure the proportions were right: http://www.epassportphoto.com/ and had them printed myself, and they were accepted. So, if anyone else is worried about it and doesn't want to wait for them to get mailed, that's another option.

Hi!!

I try to ve positive, lets say i make/force myself to be positive to fight this difficult situation...

One of the things that REALLY keeps me going is being able to speak with all of you guys and realizing that im not alone (even tho we r so far appart from each other: UK, Malasya, china, russia, india, italy...), so i try to transmit to everybody in here this positiveness to pay back everything you guys helped me.

(and believe me: ive never ever been the kind of person to write in chats/forums, LOL)

Im down a lot of times, i want to be there with my fiancee, at the same time i have my heart divided in 2 peaces for the fact that im leaving my family and friends in spain and im moving to the other side of the world where i know imma be so happy but still is so far away from all my love ones back home...

Im 27 years old an im pretty attached to my mom dad brother and friends so...

Oh wow! Let me stop!! Gonna make everybody in here cry! LOL

well with that i just wanted to share with you guys my fellings about this whole thing... Say to you that sooner or later we will get our approvals, that IM SURE that everything is gonna be fine and that we need to think about now that we still (if you are the fiancee overseas) back home we need to enjoy our times with our family and friends and see life in a beautiful way.

Is people that didnt even find their love yet, and we did!

So, just feel happy, proud of yourself for going thru this being strong, confident and everything well be ok!

Hugs and hope for everybody!

Ps; well se what happens with the pics... I guess we cant do anything about it now but wait (ive started the post wanting to talk about the pics and look, ive made all o you guys go to sleep!!!)

Hi!!

I try to ve positive, lets say i make/force myself to be positive to fight this difficult situation...

One of the things that REALLY keeps me going is being able to speak with all of you guys and realizing that im not alone (even tho we r so far appart from each other: UK, Malasya, china, russia, india, italy...), so i try to transmit to everybody in here this positiveness to pay back everything you guys helped me.

(and believe me: ive never ever been the kind of person to write in chats/forums, LOL)

Im down a lot of times, i want to be there with my fiancee, at the same time i have my heart divided in 2 peaces for the fact that im leaving my family and friends in spain and im moving to the other side of the world where i know imma be so happy but still is so far away from all my love ones back home...

Im 27 years old an im pretty attached to my mom dad brother and friends so...

Oh wow! Let me stop!! Gonna make everybody in here cry! LOL

well with that i just wanted to share with you guys my fellings about this whole thing... Say to you that sooner or later we will get our approvals, that IM SURE that everything is gonna be fine and that we need to think about now that we still (if you are the fiancee overseas) back home we need to enjoy our times with our family and friends and see life in a beautiful way.

Is people that didnt even find their love yet, and we did!

So, just feel happy, proud of yourself for going thru this being strong, confident and everything well be ok!

Hugs and hope for everybody!

Ps; well se what happens with the pics... I guess we cant do anything about it now but wait (ive started the post wanting to talk about the pics and look, ive made all o you guys go to sleep!!!)

Aww such a cute post! Im also 27 and nervous about leaving my family and friends but putting a lot of trust in my fiance to look after me and to God to lead me in the right path. My family are happy for me but ill be sad to leave them. Not to mention the stress of having everything to move - SCARY! Luckily my cat will be coming with me shes very excited!

Anyways I hope your NOA2 comes this week and we can all begin our lives with our future husband/wife!

Our Story AoS
[August 2012] Steve visits me again in the Uk for our second meeting for just one weekend! [March 6th 2014] AoS Interview - Passed
[November 2012] I travel to America for my first ever thanksgiving with Steves family!
( heart.gif February 15th 2013 heart.gif ) He pops the question in Kensington, London...and I say yes!

K1

[January 24th 2013] NOA1
[July 08th 2013]- NOA2 (
approved 165 Days)

[July 26th 2013] We call DoS and are finally given our case # - I book medical immediatly

[August 23rd 2013] I call DoS and they tell me my interview date, (2 weeks since I sent ds-2001)

[september 26th 2013] Emergency appt at HM Passport Office London - New Passport and Birth Certificate in hand

Timeline

Aww such a cute post! Im also 27 and nervous about leaving my family and friends but putting a lot of trust in my fiance to look after me and to God to lead me in the right path. My family are happy for me but ill be sad to leave them. Not to mention the stress of having everything to move - SCARY! Luckily my cat will be coming with me shes very excited!

Anyways I hope your NOA2 comes this week and we can all begin our lives with our future husband/wife!

Thanks for your post! Hope my NOA2 comes soon and yours also!

My family is so sad also... My dad dont even speak about it... Is like he avoids taking about it... And that sadness takes a lil bit of protagonism to the wedding...

I think sometime next week ill talk with my parents to let them know again how is everything going and to my dad to kinda make him face the situation... U know... It worries me making them sad...

Whenever we move and find job and they see that we are happy they will be ok and proud of us... Is just getting to that point... But it will be ok! (hope so).

Your catnwill come with you? Thats great! We will get a puppie ones we move together so im not bymyself when he is at work...

Well we keep in touch in here!!

Very nice to meet you!

Thanks for your post! Hope my NOA2 comes soon and yours also!

My family is so sad also... My dad dont even speak about it... Is like he avoids taking about it... And that sadness takes a lil bit of protagonism to the wedding...

I think sometime next week ill talk with my parents to let them know again how is everything going and to my dad to kinda make him face the situation... U know... It worries me making them sad...

Whenever we move and find job and they see that we are happy they will be ok and proud of us... Is just getting to that point... But it will be ok! (hope so).

Your catnwill come with you? Thats great! We will get a puppie ones we move together so im not bymyself when he is at work...

Well we keep in touch in here!!

Very nice to meet you!

Aww puppy!!! I love puppys! Thats a good idea to keep you company! Im very pleased to meet you too keep me posted!

Our Story AoS

K1

[January 24th 2013] NOA1
[July 08th 2013]- NOA2 (
approved 165 Days)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Couldn't post it same day of APPROVAL!!! (6.21.13)

I was so down that day I even stopped checking my status. So irritating to see march and april approved and mine INITIAL REVIEW.

June 21st at 10:30 I decided just to take a peak.. OMG APPROVED!!!! I could not believe it! I had to refresh the page 4 times and type in different numbers.. YES ITS APPROVED! I still feel bad though for all December guys that are not approved YET! I'm sure it will happen soon!

I still cannot believe it. I still go online to check.

One case before me (**298) gor RFE on June 18th, mine (***299) approved on June 21st around 10:30pm and (***297) still initial review. :(

I never got sms and I recieved email notification on my old email. I changed my email address in the system about 4 months ago and they sent notification to old one....

I hope all these bedbugs will crawl in adjudicators ears and stimulate their brain so they can approve more applicants per day!! Especcialy December and January filers, like, RIGHT NOW!

Service center: Vermont

2012-12-03 - I-129F Sent

2012-12-10 - NOA1 Received

2012-12-06 - (NOA1 Receipt Date)

2013-05-29 - NOA Sent from VT

2013-06-03 - NOA Received: Case transferred to Texas Service Center

2013-06-21 - NOA2 Approved

2013-06-27 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received

2013-07-16 - Approved case shipped to DOS

2013-07-19 - Medical In Moscow Completed

2013-07-19 - Case Number Assigned

2013-07-22 - Case In transit to Consular Section

2013-07-24 - Case is Ready for Interview

2013-08-06 - Letter of Invitation via email

2013-08-12 - Interview. APPROVED!

2013-08-19 - Visa Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.