i-hope

B2 visa letter for the Consular Officer

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

hello there,

i'm new in this forum, and i really like it. thumb up

gys i really need your help,

here is the story,

my grandpa, is visiting my uncle in the united states, and i would like to apply for a tourist visa, to assist my grandpa during his trip since he is very old 80 years,
and since my uncle works, i will stay home with my grandpa or take him outside and help him

to highlight the situation to the consular officer, i decided to make a letter that my uncle will singe

here the letter, and i need your help because i feel the letter isn't to expressive

i ll have my interview in few days

Dear Consular Officer,

I am a permanent residence alien, living in the USA for the past 19 years. My annual gross income is 41,569

I would like to invite my nephew, (name), to visit me, accompany and assist my father who is visiting me also, my father is 84 old, and have difficulty for hearing, my nephew will take care of my father while I’m in work to avoid domestically accident, and assist him and facilitate communication,

He will be staying with me at my home at the above-mentioned address for 2 months. During hir stay in the United States, I will bear all his responsibilities including, but not limited to, financial responsibilities round trip airfare from …….., travel expense within the USA, housing and food.

I will personally guarantee that he will leave the United States after his short visit and will not become a public charge on the part of the United States government.

My nephew is law graduate, and got his certificate to practice as lawyer, he is in awaiting to take oath, expected in September 2013 after his trip, and have a job contract from the law office …..

In addition, he have a position of responsibility within the well-known organization AIESEC, and have no intentions to immigrate to the united state

Your favorable decision on the visitor visa will be appreciated

Sincerely,

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

hello there,

i'm new in this forum, and i really like it. thumb up

gys i really need your help,

here is the story,

my grandpa, is visiting my uncle in the united states, and i would like to apply for a tourist visa, to assist my grandpa during his trip since he is very old 80 years,
and since my uncle works, i will stay home with my grandpa or take him outside and help him

to highlight the situation to the consular officer, i decided to make a letter that my uncle will singe

here the letter, and i need your help because i feel the letter isn't to expressive

i ll have my interview in few days

Dear Consular Officer,

I am a permanent residence alien, living in the USA for the past 19 years. My annual gross income is 41,569

I would like to invite my nephew, (name), to visit me, accompany and assist my father who is visiting me also, my father is 84 old, and have difficulty for hearing, my nephew will take care of my father while I’m in work to avoid domestically accident, and assist him and facilitate communication,

He will be staying with me at my home at the above-mentioned address for 2 months. During hir stay in the United States, I will bear all his responsibilities including, but not limited to, financial responsibilities round trip airfare from …….., travel expense within the USA, housing and food.

I will personally guarantee that he will leave the United States after his short visit and will not become a public charge on the part of the United States government.

My nephew is law graduate, and got his certificate to practice as lawyer, he is in awaiting to take oath, expected in September 2013 after his trip, and have a job contract from the law office …..

In addition, he have a position of responsibility within the well-known organization AIESEC, and have no intentions to immigrate to the united state

Your favorable decision on the visitor visa will be appreciated

Sincerely,

Nothing wrong with the effort but it will not take the place of the requirements. Your promises mean nothing to USCIS. They have heard all this before. There are reason for the protocol.

Your nephew will have to understand he has to meet the strongest ties rule. He will have to prove he must return to his country. Key word, MUST.

The letter is ok but your nephew needs to show he will go back to his country (lease, house, job, etc). This has nothing to do with you.

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Such a letter is meaningless...you cannot be forced to pay for any of his expenses, no matter what you write on a piece of paper, nor can you guarantee he will depart the US because you have no legal authority over him....you cannot force him to go to the airport or board the plane or do anything, for that matter. Two months...??/ few companies from developing countries dole out two month paid vacations, which suggest other potential issues....at the end of the day, your nephew must convince the consular officer that he is arriving as a tourist, not as a nurse or caretaker (which is considered work, which is not allowed on a tourist visa, no matter what you may think about that....if your father needs some assistance, you will have to PAY for it...taking care of relatives is considered work...period.)

thank you very much, that help me, i think i'm going to emphasize less about taking care of my father, and just say that he will accompany my father to avoid any misunderstand as Ben thradunthat suggested

honestly he have any strong ties,

except that he was law student and hi is going to take oath to be a lawyer after his trip, and he have a work contract starting after that also

what do you think ? i really need more advice, and tips

and do you have idea about the interview ?

if he talk spontaneously and he is very relaxed and smiling, can that help ? thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

What is his nationality?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

thank you very much, that help me, i think i'm going to emphasize less about taking care of my father, and just say that he will accompany my father to avoid any misunderstand as Ben thradunthat suggested

honestly he have any strong ties,

except that he was law student and hi is going to take oath to be a lawyer after his trip, and he have a work contract starting after that also

what do you think ? i really need more advice, and tips

and do you have idea about the interview ?

if he talk spontaneously and he is very relaxed and smiling, can that help ? thank you

Taking care of or " accompanying " an 80 year old on a trip like this amounts to the same thing. This could be the very reason they will approve the visa.

You or rather he, must understand how to attempt to comply with the strongest ties rules. if this isn't total clear there will be no visa.

These cases are mostly decided BEFORE the interview. This means the info on the forms must indicate he MUST return. If this cant be done there is little chance of success. Look at the forms. Other then the info required he must submit something that PROVES he will return. That might include some written info about his upcoming oath ect. He can submit anything he thinks proves he must return. This will be reviewed prior to the interview.

He wont have to worry about the interview if he doesn't understand exactly what I am talking about here. This isn't about his emotional state when he interviews or his ability to smile. This is only about his ability to understand what the embassy requires to offset the many cases of fraud that have created the need to prove ties.

the OP pointed out that he/she will be primarily taking care of the elderly relative; hence, no need for the nephew to 'hang around' for two months, holding the old guy's hand. This concept makes no sense. There are plenty of assistants working for airlines who can help the guy on and off the plane, and once he arrives, other relatives already living in the US can take over.

This particular excuse is one often tried, with the vain hope that a VO will somehow be sympathetic and overlook the lack of ties or other things regarding the accompanying applicant.

Timeline

Two months ago a friend had her 12 year old daughter come to visit her for 60 days. Her ties are to her mother it seemed to me so I advised her it wouldn't be granted unless she could help her daughter prove she would return.

She had her daughter accompanied by an 20 year old who also applied for a tourist visa. The airlines wanted to charge her 100 dollars per stop to " help her on and off the plane" . Both were granted 10 year visas. Both arrived, stayed 60 days and returned.

These visas were granted because they were able to prove their ties and that the little girl needed help during the trip.

What is his nationality?

Algerian, algeria is located in the north africa

Taking care of or " accompanying " an 80 year old on a trip like this amounts to the same thing. This could be the very reason they will approve the visa.

You or rather he, must understand how to attempt to comply with the strongest ties rules. if this isn't total clear there will be no visa.

These cases are mostly decided BEFORE the interview. This means the info on the forms must indicate he MUST return. If this cant be done there is little chance of success. Look at the forms. Other then the info required he must submit something that PROVES he will return. That might include some written info about his upcoming oath ect. He can submit anything he thinks proves he must return. This will be reviewed prior to the interview.

He wont have to worry about the interview if he doesn't understand exactly what I am talking about here. This isn't about his emotional state when he interviews or his ability to smile. This is only about his ability to understand what the embassy requires to offset the many cases of fraud that have created the need to prove ties.

you made my day

this nephew is not a qualified care give, and there are other relatives currently living in the US who can help.....

yes the nephew is not a qualified care giver, but he is not be helping only, no care give, and no there are any relatives currently living in the us who can help, and that speak the same language as the grandpa

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I am not American, and therefore have a passable grasp of geography.

Algeria is not an easy Consulate to get a Visitor Visa from for obvious reasons. No harm in giving it a go.

What sort of job does the Nephew have that allows him such a long vacation?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Taking care of somebody, providing assistance in any way, is considered work...something that is not allowed for B2 visa holders...the VOs don't care what the reason is for GOING to the US; they only care about the reasons for LEAVING the US (and not violating the terms of the visa class being sought)...if no one accompanied said elderly relative, then somebody in the US would have to PAY for some sort of care...which is.....work. Game over.

More than likely the nephew will be denied, but if miraculously approved, he will be in AP for months, given his nationality.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.