mota bhai

Oklahoma Senator Inhofe sticks to principle - requires budget cuts in exchange for aid to tornado ravaged community

164 posts in this topic

You said he's all talk. What exactly did you mean by that?

You've been talking about this other store you like. Chances are you'll keep shopping there even if Walmart is able to undercut their prices. Whether I agree with most of your posts or not, (and I usually disagree) I don't often see you being, at worst a hypocrite, or at best totally apathetic.

If you read his posts again, hopefully you'll understand.

NO. exactly... walk it if you're gonna talk it.

ah yes, retort with a loose and unmeaningful slogan. like i said, i don't have a phone - do i get to hate walmart?

Filed: Timeline

ah yes, retort with a loose and unmeaningful slogan. like i said, i don't have a phone - do i get to hate walmart?

its very meaningful. the phone was used to show the OTT hypocrisy of the poster. but, since we're there. lets not forget the working conditions of the precious metal mining & other material procurement that happens to produce that tech device. you can hate anything you want. but, if someone is talking the talk, they should walk the walk. if they don't. they're just hypocrites.

7yqZWFL.jpg

its very meaningful. the phone was used to show the OTT hypocrisy of the poster. but, since we're there. lets not forget the working conditions of the precious metal mining & other material procurement that happens to produce that tech device. you can hate anything you want. but, if someone is talking the talk, they should walk the walk. if they don't. they're just hypocrites.

by that definition, everyone is a hypocrite. and apathetic. yourself included.

Filed: Timeline

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, The courage to change the things I can, And wisdom to know the difference. wink.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, The courage to change the things I can, And wisdom to know the difference. wink.png

Probably the best prayer of all time.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So, you talk about starving serfs, profiting off the backs of the working poor, sweatshops, getting away with what you can, etc.

But, when you're reminded that the truly poor made your precious smart phone, you're response it total apathy. So, you're against everything you said earlier; but only if you can lay it at the feet of the GOP. If it's good for you, then you're fine with it.

I said whats the point because I know where the stupid argument is going.

That "do nothing because you can't fix everything" argument is a boring conservative staple. The reasoning is not even clever, but I guess it works if you only care about low taxes and cheap product.

One day you'll all achieve your goal of having all the money you need...but then what?

That is the question...

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness. 

-John Kenneth Galbraith

Timeline

5-13-2013 - I129-F Send Express to Texas

5-15-2013 - I129-F Delivered and signed for in Lewisville Texas at USCIS

5-17-2013 - NOA1

5-20-2013 - Check Cashed USCIS

8-01-2013 - NOA2  (76 Days from NOA1)

9-20-2013 - NVC received!

10-7-2013  - Received at embassy Manila (17 days from receiving at NVC)

10-21-2013 - Passed Medical

10-25-2013 - Interview scheduled

10-25-2013 - Administrative Review

11-5-2013  -  Approved

11-13-2013 - Visa received

11-19-2013 - Leaving to PI

12-3-2013 - POE Seattle WA

12-14-2013 - Wedding Ruston Washington.

I said whats the point because I know where the stupid argument is going.

That "do nothing because you can't fix everything" argument is a boring conservative staple. The reasoning is not even clever, but I guess it works if you only care about low taxes and cheap product.

One day you'll all achieve your goal of having all the money you need...but then what?

That is the question...

Nope, you said what's the point because you didn't want to take a stand against how your phone is made.

Some people get really upset about Walmart and but not as upset about the phone. It's easy to feel self-righteous and refuse to ever shop at Walmart. But it's much more difficult to take that stand with the phone. Because people really like their phones.

Some would call that looking out for their own self-interest. It's very Randian. I guess it's human nature.

Timeline

Nope, you said what's the point because you didn't want to take a stand against how your phone is made.

Some people get really upset about Walmart and but not as upset about the phone. It's easy to feel self-righteous and refuse to ever shop at Walmart. But it's much more difficult to take that stand with the phone. Because people really like their phones.

Some would call that looking out for their own self-interest. It's very Randian. I guess it's human nature.

If that's what I'm thinking then just start making it up as you go...its what you guys are good at.

Just do nothing...whats the point of trying.

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness. 

-John Kenneth Galbraith

Timeline

5-17-2013 - NOA1

11-5-2013  -  Approved

If that's what I'm thinking then just start making it up as you go...its what you guys are good at.

Just do nothing...whats the point of trying.

I understand now. It's okay for you to assume that you know where the argument is going; but nobody can make assumptions about what you're saying.

Just a little more hypocrisy.

i get upset about walmart because of how they treat their employees and what they do to small community commerce. i still shop there, i try to do it as little as possible because i feel like an *sshole the second i park.

i get upset about poor people working slaving in any country, or in any profession. i empathize with people who struggle. i tend to dislike fatcats and the greedy crusaders of self-interest wealth.

reality is there is no avoiding participating in society, participating in commerce, participating in furthering the top tier's massive money grab.

Timeline

I understand now. It's okay for you to assume that you know where the argument is going; but nobody can make assumptions about what you're saying.

Just a little more hypocrisy.

I assumed that was the angle, but I was correct...that's because it's a typical argument that's made by most conservatives.

Having a discussion with one is like having a discussion with almost all of you. I've literally heard that come back 100 times if not more.

I can't help that most are predictable. It’s like debating the Borg at this point.

If that's hypocrisy then so be it.

-John Kenneth Galbraith

Timeline

5-17-2013 - NOA1

11-5-2013  -  Approved

I assumed that was the angle, but I was correct...that's because it's a typical argument that's made by most conservatives.

Having a discussion with one is like having a discussion with almost all of you. I've literally heard that come back 100 times if not more.

I can't help that most are predictable. It’s like debating the Borg at this point.

If that's hypocrisy then so be it.

Well, so far you've admitted to being a pinko commie and a hypocrite. We're starting to find areas of agreement now. good.gif

I, however, am an always open-minded moderate. laughing.gif