erenfro

USCIS Website still not showing case

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

So, I filed my I-129F petition November 8th, 2012, got my NOA1 on November 14th via email, and not long after, via snail mail.

Ever since that time, I've checked at least multiple times to see my case status, but still it claims:

Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status. Please check your receipt number and try again. If you need further assistance, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1.800.375.5283.

I have called and spoken to USCIS Tier 2 reps twice now, and this is basically what's been said.

2013-01-07: Agent said it will most likely be April until processing comes to a decision. Agent also said there are computer issues with USCIS.gov regarding case status and is "not working".

2013-04-24: Started to escalate the case since it had been longer than 5 months but agent came back and said there are 39 days left to reach a decision. Asked why 39 days more after having been over 6 months and I was simply told "they had an exact time frame set out for it". Also asked about website issues and was told they are still having troubles with their website regarding case tracking and status.

So, not only is their supposed deadline been set for June 1st, 2013 (just over 7 months from the original NOA1), but their website has been malfunctioning for all that time, supposedly?

I just don't get it. I hear other people having no issues, but my case is specifically? I don't get how this is possible (and I'm a Linux Systems Engineer!) I was basically just told to wait for June 1st, or rather, I was told to wait up to two weeks past June 1st for the documents to arrive in the mail for decision determining and all, before I can escalate as I'd started during the last call, and got told the 39 days (thus canceling the escalation).

Any thoughts, suggestions, etc on the issue? All I feel I can do presently, is just hurry up and wait more, and still cannot see what's what about the process because of their website being down supposedly.

Eric

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the USCIS Service Centers forum -- topic involves a USCIS function. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thats strange. My petition was mailed to the VSC on Dec 2nd and I received my NAO1 on Dec 7th. My case status has been available since the day of the receipt. I hate excuses, seems like no matter what the issue is with USCIS it just gets brushed off. I called them on May 8th, exactly 5 months, which is their timeline and was told to wait two more months. My guess is sooner though. good luck

Timeline

Thats strange. My petition was mailed to the VSC on Dec 2nd and I received my NAO1 on Dec 7th. My case status has been available since the day of the receipt. I hate excuses, seems like no matter what the issue is with USCIS it just gets brushed off. I called them on May 8th, exactly 5 months, which is their timeline and was told to wait two more months. My guess is sooner though. good luck

Yeah, I know. Someone else I know has been able to see their case status online since weeks after their NOA1, yet I have never been able to, and they just keep claiming it's problems with their website.

You're on VSC as well, so that no longer makes it isolated to them, and you started yours /after/ me, and still have at least information.

I wonder if anyone else is having this issue, or actually, more that aren't. I want to bring in definitive results to ask why they keep telling me one thing, but actual people involved, like me, aren't, so we can finally get that issue resolved. I can stand waiting, but when you're completely blind and you have to constantly talk to a Tier 1 agent to give them your case number specifically every time (can't input the case number via phone because that too isn't working), yet they claim they can look it up and see it just fine, every time, and do so to verify my identity details.

Thanks, Micah, too, BTW. And good luck to you as well. :)

Eric

Timeline

I guess our hands are tied and we'll just have to keep waiting. One thing this process will have taught us in patience, haha.

Heh, I learned that in the US Army! LOL

Eric

• 1 month later...

Hi, we got NOA1 7/5/14 and the case appeared on USCIS after 4 days. I was panicking too when it kept giving me errors so I just decided to wait it out.

Timeline

Hi, we got NOA1 7/5/14 and the case appeared on USCIS after 4 days. I was panicking too when it kept giving me errors so I just decided to wait it out.

Yeah, I never could see the case status, not once, until after it was done and processed, and approved, which it finally did on July 1st. I was at work at the time, and noticed it on the 3rd, finally after doing my routine weekly checks on it. Very much fell out of my chair, got up, and danced a jig. My co-workers were perplexed for a few moments, but then caught on quickly. :)

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I have the same problem. My case doesn't show online and USCIS people told me the same thing as they told you. Its been more than 5 months and haven't made any progress.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.