Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

CRBA documents needed?

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I'm an US Citizen and I had a NOA2 Fiance approval for my Thai fiance. We had a child in Thailand, who is almost 2 years old. I scheduled an appointment for the Bangkok embassy to obtain the CRBA and US passport for the baby.

I had a question regarding the documents needed to prove I lived in the US for (5) years.

I was planning on providing an original social security history statement and my high school transcripts. Can these documents be copies and then notorized in the US by myself? OR, would have to get certified copy of my transcripts from the school OR a certified copy of my social security history from the Social Security Office?

I understand they need the original birth certificates of the baby and myself.......but they are not specific on the other documents, with the exception of stating they must be "original" documents.

Any help or advice will be appreciated......

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

My husband sent me his high school transcripts when we did this. My embassy told me that they needed to be certified copies from the school so that is what he sent me. And that was the only evidence we used and that was enough.

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

It will really depend on the embassy/consulate how much evidence they need. I had a truck load of evidence and our CRBA for our child was denied, but I heard the story of Alaska2012 a lot of times that only a couple documents are needed (see my story here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/431566-our-story-crba-for-our-child-denied-entering-the-us-with-a-baby-transportation-letter-and-citizenship-through-the-cca/)

I can't see from your post, if you're in Thailand and will go to the Embassy together. You only can do the CRBA if you and the mother are present.

It's amazing how many questions can be resolved with a 2 minute Google search...

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.