3 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I'm an US Citizen and I had a NOA2 Fiance approval for my Thai fiance. We had a child in Thailand, who is almost 2 years old. I scheduled an appointment for the Bangkok embassy to obtain the CRBA and US passport for the baby.

I had a question regarding the documents needed to prove I lived in the US for (5) years.

I was planning on providing an original social security history statement and my high school transcripts. Can these documents be copies and then notorized in the US by myself? OR, would have to get certified copy of my transcripts from the school OR a certified copy of my social security history from the Social Security Office?

I understand they need the original birth certificates of the baby and myself.......but they are not specific on the other documents, with the exception of stating they must be "original" documents.

Any help or advice will be appreciated......

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

My husband sent me his high school transcripts when we did this. My embassy told me that they needed to be certified copies from the school so that is what he sent me. And that was the only evidence we used and that was enough.

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

It will really depend on the embassy/consulate how much evidence they need. I had a truck load of evidence and our CRBA for our child was denied, but I heard the story of Alaska2012 a lot of times that only a couple documents are needed (see my story here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/431566-our-story-crba-for-our-child-denied-entering-the-us-with-a-baby-transportation-letter-and-citizenship-through-the-cca/)

I can't see from your post, if you're in Thailand and will go to the Embassy together. You only can do the CRBA if you and the mother are present.

It's amazing how many questions can be resolved with a 2 minute Google search...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.