WhiteFox

RFE for physical address, advice on how to proceed?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi VJ,

Today I unfortunantly got an RFE for my I-765, saying I need to provide my physical address of my residence. It says as follows:

"Please provide the physical address of your residence. If it is impossible for you to receive mail at your physical residence, you may also provide an explanation and request, along with the address of your physical residence requesting USCIS to use an alternative mailing address such as a PO Box or other mailing address."

We live in a rural area with no mailbox (they are frequently stolen from so we don't have one) and have a PO Box instead. Is that an acceptable request, and if so how should I put it all together in a letter? Should I put in copies of anything else from our AOS package?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, I just want to make sure I'm being careful. Thank you for reading!

Adjustment of Status from K1

• February 28, 2013 - I-485 and I-765 packet sent
• March 7, 2013 - Confimation email received with Case number

• April 25, 2013 - Online case status shows message that greencard has been approved and mailed.
• April 29, 2013 - Form I-797C NOA received in mail for I-485 and I-765, Biometric appointment also received
• May 9, 2013 - Biometrics appointment in Oxnard, CA
• May 13, 2013 - RFE for I-765 received in mail, requesting for physical address.

Timeline

Forgot to say that this RFE is in regards to the Employment Authorization! Not the greencard, so I've posted this in the wrong forum. Could I please have this moved? I'm so very sorry.

• April 25, 2013 - Online case status shows message that greencard has been approved and mailed.
• April 29, 2013 - Form I-797C NOA received in mail for I-485 and I-765, Biometric appointment also received
• May 13, 2013 - RFE for I-765 received in mail, requesting for physical address.

Just explain the circumstance in a formal letter. Do you have an address? I know some areas don't have mailboxes but it seems like yours is by choice. I mean, you have to pay for a PO box, right?

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Give them your physical address, such as 498 Oldhome Street, XX, XX and explain you receive all mail at the PO Box due to theft. Maybe even include a Google map print out showing your home. It is just too easy for someone to come to the US, obtain a PO Box, then leave while pretending they still live in the US.

Timeline

Harpa Timsah:

Yes I have a residential address but don't receive mail to it. I do pay for my PO Box, it's where I receive all of my mail instead. Would just saying I have no mailbox installed at my home and asking to send it to my PO Box be a good enough for them?

belinda63:

Okay I will try this, hopefully it will be sufficient for them

Edited by WhiteFox

Yes just explain it. They do need to know your real address. Then you request that mail goes to your PO box. All in the same letter.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.