riss

Things to bring to interview

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi everyone, I'm just trying to gather together everything that I need to take to my interview. I know I need to take evidence of the relationship, i.e. some emails and some photos. And my passport. Can anyone tell me if there's more that I've missed?

I also have the instructions from the Packet 4 email, saying to bring my copy of Form DS-3025, and then it says to 'hand-carry this document with your sealed visa package and any other medical paperwork'. What are they referring to by the 'sealed visa package'? And what other medical paperwork should I bring - do I need to bring the X-ray?

Thanks for your help!

Riss

Feb 24, 2012 - NOA1

Sep 5, 2012 - RFE

Oct 22, 2012 - RFE reply sent

Nov 5, 2012 - NOA2

Nov 27, 2012 - Packet 3 received

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

They will till you were to go to do medical in st Luke's I been there last February it's easy and it take one day first come first serve and if u have receipt of anything that send to u from ur partner bring it the copy they need that to prove and if anyone can make later that knows ur partner it will needed in ur family member bring photos 6 2 x2 passport size it needed in medical are. U going to ausy

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

It reads to me like you've skipped ahead to "what do I do once I'm approved".

The "sealed visa package" is also referred to as the "Mysterious Brown Envelope". This is sent to you with your passport/visa and is your ENTIRE immigration file. You need to carry that with you when you enter the US because that's how they process your entry. They take that off you.

The DS-3025 is your immunisation schedule. You should have a copy of that given to you by your panel physician. If you don't you can ask your interviewer for a copy of it a you will need it for AOS.

As to the interview, I had to take the envelope for them to ship my passport and my visa fee receipt. I also took relationship evidence (chat records etc) but they didn't look at those. It should be on your interview letter but things could have changed since I filed SO at the very least this serves as a bump smile.png

They will till you were to go to do medical in st Luke's I been there last February it's easy and it take one day first come first serve and if u have receipt of anything that send to u from ur partner bring it the copy they need that to prove and if anyone can make later that knows ur partner it will needed in ur family member bring photos 6 2 x2 passport size it needed in medical are. U going to ausy

Please check the forum you are in, and the country flag before posting. This is the Ausstralian forum and the poster is Australian. None of this applies to the OP.

Timeline

I had my interview on 30th April this year and it's still the same as Vanessa advised. All my letter said to bring was my passport, the K1 visa fee receipt, and the 3kg Platinum satchel.

I also took some additional proof of ongoing relationship just incase, but they didn't ask for it.

They used the passport photos I sent in with my Packet 3, so I didn't need more of those either.

Timeline

Jess&Steven, just wondering if you can tell me - the visa fee receipt, is that just the receipt that the post office gave me? Because on the ustraveldocs site it talks about going in and entering the unique seq number from that receipt to 'schedule your appointment' and so on, which I don't think I should need to do, right? I just bring the receipt with me to the appointment?

I'll print a copy of the letter I got, it sounds a bit different to what you guys are talking about. It seems to me like I'm not supposed to bring the 3kg envelope but instead I'm meant to make my profile on the ustraveldocs site - does that sound right to you from reading this? It'd all be fine and good except that the site won't let me update my profile. *sigh* I'll try emailing the consulate about that. Anyway, here's the letter.

Dear Visa Applicant,

Thank you for providing our office with documents for your final immigrant/fiancé(e) visa interview. Your appointment has been scheduled for:

XXXXXXX

Please go to Level 10 of the MLC Centre for security check in on the day of your interview and present this letter to our security guards on the day of your interview to access the Consulate.

Please ensure that the panel physician provides you with a copy of Form DS-3025, Vaccination Documentation Worksheet as part of your permanent health record. You should hand-carry this document with your sealed visa package and any other medical paperwork. If you did not receive a copy of the DS-3025 Vaccination Documentation Worksheet we can provide one for you at the time of your interview.

Immigrant visa processing times vary. There may be unexpected ineligibilities that become apparent only at the time of your interview which require additional time and processing. For this reason, you should not make any irrevocable arrangements, such as purchasing non-refundable tickets, selling your home, or quitting your job, until after your immigrant visa is actually approved and issued to you.

The following items are required before your visa can be issued. Please refer to the list below of items that will be required on the day of your interview.

(XX) PASSPORT: A passport must have at least 8 months validity beyond the issuance date of the visa.

(XX) FEES:

K Visa applicantsthis is NOT payable at the Consulate, please see our website for payment instructions

(XX) 3KG PLATINUM /EXPRESS POST ENVELOPE: To be used to mail your visa to you when issued. Please be sure the envelope contains your name and the address where you would like us to mail the visa

Or;

(XX) K VISA APPLICANTS ONLY: For the return of your documents (passport and visa package, once the visa is issued), please login to http://www.ustraveldocs.com/au/index.html and create a profile. You must ensure you provide the address listed is where you wish to have the documents returned. It must be an Australian address.

Feb 24, 2012 - NOA1

Sep 5, 2012 - RFE

Nov 5, 2012 - NOA2

Timeline

Okay, my guess about the 'sealed visa package' is that they're referring to people who have had their medical done but didn't send it in with packet 3. Would you say so? So they're asking you to bring it along with you to the interview. ??? Not that I've ever heard of anyone doing it that way! I have heard of people having their medical results sent directly to the consulate though.

Now does anyone know if I'm meant to bring my X-ray thing with me?

Thanks everyone, don't know what I'd do without you guys.

Feb 24, 2012 - NOA1

Sep 5, 2012 - RFE

Nov 5, 2012 - NOA2

Timeline

Hey riss,

That's the same letter I got. It gives you the option to bring in the envelope or submit your details on the ustraveldocs web site. The web site is too confusing and looked like it was only necessary if you didn't already have your interview booked, so I just took the envelope with my work address on it so they'd send it there.

For the payment, I printed off the $240 deposit slip under 'Payment in Person at Australia Post' at http://www.ustraveldocs.com/au/au-niv-paymentinfo.asp

They couldn't scan the barcode at the Post Office so they typed the number in and gave me the regular Australia Post receipt but it had a Unique Sequence number. This is the receipt I took to the interview.

At this point in the process there's no need for the ustraveldocs site except to print off the deposit slip so it's easier for the staff at the Post Office to know what to charge and where it needs to go.

Hope this helps

Edited by Jess&Steven

Timeline

Okay, my guess about the 'sealed visa package' is that they're referring to people who have had their medical done but didn't send it in with packet 3. Would you say so? So they're asking you to bring it along with you to the interview. ??? Not that I've ever heard of anyone doing it that way! I have heard of people having their medical results sent directly to the consulate though.

Now does anyone know if I'm meant to bring my X-ray thing with me?

Thanks everyone, don't know what I'd do without you guys.

The sealed package comes with your passport in the 3kg envelope after approval, as Vanessa mentioned in her post.

The medical details should be sent directly to the consulate by the medical centre, so there's nothing from this that you need to take.

The xrays and the sealed envelope are to be taken with your carry on luggage for customs to check out on entry into the US.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey fellow Aussies, does anyone who's done the criminal record check recently know which police form to get, I'm a little confused by the US Embassy's Canberra website because it says to just get the $52 record check form, which according to NSW police does not include the fingerprints. Did anyone else get the more expescive record check that includes fingerprints for around $175 in NSW?

AOS+EAD Sent 8-9-13

AOS+EAD Received 8-13-13

EAD NOA1 8-13-13

AOS NOA1 8-15-13

AOS+EAD Biometrics 9-17-2013, Walk-In 8-29-2013

EAD Approved 10-15-13

AOS Interview 12-18-13

E-REQUEST 2-3-14

INFOPASS Appointment 2-12-14

AOS Approved 2-24-2014

Timeline

Thanks Jess & Steven, that's a great help. rose.gif:D

Alex and Amy, I'm pretty certain the police check needs to have the fingerprinting. Mine cost about $160 in Victoria I think.

Feb 24, 2012 - NOA1

Sep 5, 2012 - RFE

Nov 5, 2012 - NOA2

Timeline

Hey fellow Aussies, does anyone who's done the criminal record check recently know which police form to get, I'm a little confused by the US Embassy's Canberra website because it says to just get the $52 record check form, which according to NSW police does not include the fingerprints. Did anyone else get the more expescive record check that includes fingerprints for around $175 in NSW?

It's definitely the $175 one.

The hardest part is getting the fingerprints done as they can't do it when they have someone in custody. I would recommend calling the station before you go in to save yourself a trip.

In NSW you fill out all the details online at https://npcoapr.police.nsw.gov.au/aspx/dataentry/Introduction.aspx and then take the print out and your ID in to the station to pay and get your fingerprints taken.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Thanks, I went and got it done on the spot this afternoon thankfully. I got the $175 one and they've sent that off to Parramatta, so hopefully that wont take to long. No one ever mentioned the P799 form but I assume that their national record check with finger prints is correct for the Visa.

AOS+EAD Sent 8-9-13

AOS+EAD Received 8-13-13

EAD NOA1 8-13-13

AOS NOA1 8-15-13

AOS+EAD Biometrics 9-17-2013, Walk-In 8-29-2013

EAD Approved 10-15-13

AOS Interview 12-18-13

E-REQUEST 2-3-14

INFOPASS Appointment 2-12-14

AOS Approved 2-24-2014

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.