patacone

Questions about timing of Fee Payment and Interview - Manila Embassy

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancée and I recently received NOA2, and want to move to the next steps. At what point can we pay the visa application fees? Do we have to complete any of the DS forms before paying and scheduling the interview and medical exams? Does anyone know what the current wait time is for an interview (how many weeks from now appointments are available)?

Here is our issue. My fiancée has two children. Her daughter, who is 4 years old never received her birth certificate (bc). My fiancée got a certificate from the lvr (or lcr). Anyway, she went to city hall and requested that the bc be sent for NSO verification about 8 weeks ago. Yesterday the NSO sent her a notice that there is no record of the birth. So, I'm afraid now she has to file again for NSO certification - because it seems that the lvr didn't file the bc in the records.

Anyway, we don't want there to be a 6-8 week delay waiting for the NSO bc so her daughter can get her passport, so we would like to get the medical exams and interview scheduled now in advance, so they occur just after the expected arrival of the NSO bc and passport for her daughter. Can we schedule all of those things in advance, without having the NSO bc and passport of her daughter?

Her other child already had NSO bc and passport.

Thanks for your help.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Surely, you can choose your interview date.

SLEC is on a first come, first served basis. They don't schedule the medical exam (you don't need to make an appointment with them), however, a passport is required when doing the medical exam. They won't let you do it if you don't have a valid passport on-hand.

Edited by apple21

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Surely, you can choose your interview date.

SLEC is on a first come, first served basis. They don't schedule the medical exam (you don't need to make an appointment with them), however, a passport is required when doing the medical exam. They won't let you do it if you don't have a valid passport on-hand.

Thanks for your reply. Do you know if we need to have the NVC case number before we can schedule the interview?

You cannot set an appointment for interview if u dont have the MNL case # yet. Try to call or e-mail the NVC for your case number. Estimate 1-2 weeks for the NVC to forward your case to the embassy. You will get a notice that the Consular office received the petition. by then u can start paying ur visa at BPI and set an appointment by calling the embassy or through online.

DS-Forms are to be submitted during interview along with other documents such as birth certificate, passport, NBi clearance, CENOMOAR, etc. as stated in the instruction.

The beneficiary/ies must undergo medical exam at least a week before the interview.

As for the brith certificate, i have no idea if BC can be expedited at the LCR. Just do the follow-up with them.

Goodluck!

Our Journey

09/2006 - met through online trivia via MIRC                                                    02/12/2014 - AOS / EAD packet sent
5/4/2007 - became couple                                                                         02/18/2014 - NOA1
9/25/2010 - first visit                                                                             03/20/2014 - Biometric
10/14/2010 - engagement                                                                         04/24/2014 - EAD Approved
4/24/2012 - second visit                                                                          05/02/2014 - EAD card received
8/27/2012 - 129-F mailed                                                                        01/22/2015 - AOS Approved
9/4/2012 - NOA1                                                                                 01/29/2015 - GC received
4/22/2013 - NOA2                                                                                01/30/2015 - GC sent back, with I-90, card has an error
4/26/2013 - NOA2 hard copy received                                                           03/05/2015 - Biometric (again, for the I-90)
4/29/2013 - NVC received                                                                        03/05/2015 - Infopass
5/1/2013 - NVC left                                                                              03/05/2015 - I-551 Passport stamp
5/10/2013 - Consulate received                                                                   6/22/2015 - Corrected GC received
6/18/2013 - Medical exam - PASSED                                                            12/05/2016 - I-751 filed
6/25/2013 - Interview-APPROVED!                                                               10/24/2017 - N-400 filed

6/27/2013 - Visa Issued                                                                          05/23/2018 - I-751 and N-400 interviews and both were approved

7/02/2013 - Visa on hand                                                                         06/01/2018 - Received 10 year GC

7/10/2013 - Sent visa packet back to Embassy for resealing                                   06/14/2018 - Oath Ceremony for Citizenship

7/18/2013 - Received resealed visa packet

10/11/2013 - Third visit

10/14/2013 - He proposed again on our 3rd year engagement anniversary

10/17/2013 - POE St. Paul Minneapolis, Minnesota

01/11/2014 - Church Wedding

nqhcm5.png

No passport = no medical exam

No medical exam = no interview

No interview = no visa

PS...In order to schedule an Embassy interview appointment, you don't have to wait for notification from the Embassy that they received your case. You can schedule an interview appointment as soon as you get your MNL case number from the NVC and pay the visa application fees at BPI. Appointments are running about three weeks out right now. YMMV.

PSS...St. Lukes does not make appointments. They are on a walk-in basis only. Pre-register on their website and bring two copies of the pre-registration form to the medical. Most people complete their medical a week or two before their interview. Since there are children involved, I would complete the medical two weeks in advance due to the time it takes to complete the TB skin test.

PSSS...You probably should wait for the passport. I don't know how to expedite the birth certificate, but I'll bet the local civil registrar knows how...whistling.gif

Edited by Tahoma

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.