ChaHaT

K1 RFE after 6 months

21 posts in this topic

I got RFE after little more than 6.5 months. "On May 2, 2013, we mailed a notice requesting evidence/information for this case to you or your representative. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the material requested. This case will be held in suspense until we either receive the evidence/information or the opportunity to submit it expires. A new processing period will begin when we receive your response. You or your representative will be notified by that office of a decision or if any further information or action is needed from you. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address"

It’s been more than 6 days I have not received notice. How long does USPS take to deliver the notice?

Does anybody have experience that how long does CSC take to process your evidence requested in RFE and approve the case?

Does it really start as a new case after you submit the REF?

I am so restless...

Edited by ChandHari

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Case Progress subforum. ***

---

1. No one can say how long until USPS delivers the notice.

2. Not long -- a few days to a couple of weeks, typically.

3. Your case is "in suspense" until they get your RFE response; then, it proceeds.

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

No, it doesn't start as a new case. Your case gets suspended for only as long as it takes for them to receive the reply to the RFE - then they get right back to it. It seems like most people get their NOA2's within a week or two of sending the RFE back.

Thank you for your response. but what made me concern more is the fourth sentence of their notice. It states, "...A new processing period will begin when we receive your response...". This sentence made me worry that if I have to wait another 6 months or so to get processed my case.

Does any other's RFE notice include that sentence?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Thank you for your response. but what made me concern more is the fourth sentence of their notice. It states, "...A new processing period will begin when we receive your response...". This sentence made me worry that if I have to wait another 6 months or so to get processed my case.

Does any other's RFE notice include that sentence?

No, you do not start over, once they receive your RFE reply I think the typical turn around is two to four weeks. Yes, all RFE's say that same sentence.

And for the mail delivery, it could be three days or 10+ days if you are us. I guess the USPS uses the pony express when delivering mail to Ohio. sad.png

Edited by JD & Coconut

ucxi92z6o.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I got RFE after little more than 6.5 months. "On May 2, 2013, we mailed a notice requesting evidence/information for this case to you or your representative. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the material requested. This case will be held in suspense until we either receive the evidence/information or the opportunity to submit it expires. A new processing period will begin when we receive your response. You or your representative will be notified by that office of a decision or if any further information or action is needed from you. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address"

It’s been more than 6 days I have not received notice. How long does USPS take to deliver the notice?

Does anybody have experience that how long does CSC take to process your evidence requested in RFE and approve the case?

Does it really start as a new case after you submit the REF?

I am so restless...

If you receive an RFE, there are usually two notices, the first one seem to be when they decide you are getting an RFE, and the second notice when they are mailing the notice. You will receive the hard copy in the mail, sometimes in just a few days, sometimes over a week or two later. When you send back the information you will receive another notice, informing you that it has been received and that your case is in review. Time for approval for NOA2 varies, again few days to weeks.

To limit the wait, be ready for the RFE. Perhaps, review your I129F packet to see what possibly the RFE could be about. In my case, I missed a question so it was a quick fix. In other cases, USCIS is asking for more "primary" evidence of meeting, this would mean providing passport stamps, airline boarding stubs, preferbly with date and names on them, ATM or credit card bills showing couple was together, etc.

I sent my response overnight so that it was guaranteed delivery and had tracking.

If you receive an RFE, there are usually two notices, the first one seem to be when they decide you are getting an RFE, and the second notice when they are mailing the notice. You will receive the hard copy in the mail, sometimes in just a few days, sometimes over a week or two later. When you send back the information you will receive another notice, informing you that it has been received and that your case is in review. Time for approval for NOA2 varies, again few days to weeks.

To limit the wait, be ready for the RFE. Perhaps, review your I129F packet to see what possibly the RFE could be about. In my case, I missed a question so it was a quick fix. In other cases, USCIS is asking for more "primary" evidence of meeting, this would mean providing passport stamps, airline boarding stubs, preferbly with date and names on them, ATM or credit card bills showing couple was together, etc.

I sent my response overnight so that it was guaranteed delivery and had tracking.

Thank you. But my notice said, " We mailed you on 2nd May 2013 a notice ...." does not that supposed to be the date they actually mail the notice?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Thank you. But my notice said, " We mailed you on 2nd May 2013 a notice ...." does not that supposed to be the date they actually mail the notice?

You would think so but you would be wrong. Wait for the second (you might get two the same day) and that is the date that they put it in the mail.

ucxi92z6o.png

You would think so but you would be wrong. Wait for the second (you might get two the same day) and that is the date that they put it in the mail.

that could be, because I got two update text messages on the same day. I hope they did mail on 2nd May. Thank you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

that could be, because I got two update text messages on the same day. I hope they did mail on 2nd May. Thank you.

Sadly, the notices are "generic" in that the first one say's the same as the second one, but the second notice is usually when it's mailed. Of course we never know with 100% certainty if they mailed it because there is no tracking number. I would pay extra to have a tracking number option. When I mailed my RFE reply, it cost me $19.95, and still took a few days Express because I am in Hawaii, but the cost was minimal for the reduced stress knowing I could track my letter and guaranteed delivery date.

• 4 weeks later...

I got two notices for an RFE saying they mailed an RFE on May 8 and May 13. Once the RFE came in the mail, the postmark date was May 15.

Have you sent your response to RFE? what's your status at USCIS website? USCIS CIC received my response on 24th of May and still waiting for decision.

Filed: Timeline

Have you sent your response to RFE? what's your status at USCIS website? USCIS CIC received my response on 24th of May and still waiting for decision.

I sent my RFE response on May 22 via the fastest way possible (one day, USPS, overnight service, requiring no signature for PO Box) and USCIS sent me an email saying they received it on May 24. Then June 4, USCIS sent me an email saying they approved my RFE/I-129F.

My status on the USCIS website is Post Decision Activity, which is an approval on my case. I'm CSC. Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.